14. Situation-ship

Seeing the tense atmosphere dissolve, Sammy raised her can of beer. "Come on. Let's congratulate the upcoming superstars and their super managers" She shouted in high spirits.

"Cheers!!!" Everybody clinked their cans as the joyful atmosphere returned.

"I really can't believe it, Sammy. You, of all people, became Prem's manager" Earth laughed.

"As if she is doing it for me. She became my manager so that she could spend more time with her boyfriend. I am just a third wheel." Prem scoffed.

"Sammy, you got a boyfriend? What is his name? What does he do for a living?" Earth was excited to hear the piece of news.

"Don't ask me questions. I'm shy." Sammy covered her face with her hands.

Prem shook his head and scoffed as he watched Sammy. 

He answered Earth's questions on her behalf. "His name is Bosston. We call him P' Ton. He is Hia Boun's manager. They met on a blind date about a year ago. They have been dating each other for almost half a year now. It was his idea to make her my manager."

"I think I have met him. P' Yacht often mentions him. Though I don't remember what he looks like." Earth tried to recall his face.

"He is quite a good catch. He is financially well-to-do, has a stable job, and is easygoing. A complete gentleman. I approved on our first meeting itself." Prem praised Ton wholeheartedly.

"No wonder you and P' Boun seemed close," Fluke said as he placed pieces of meat on the BBQ stand.

"Prem and P' Boun is not just close. They have already slept together." Sammy struck her tongue out at Prem who was glaring at her.

"WHAT???" Both Earth and Fluke were shocked.

"Are the two of you already dating?" Fluke couldn't digest the news.

"No, not dating... we are just...you know..." Prem turned red at the mention of the incident.

"Tell us, tell us everything." The other three hurdled towards Prem.

"There is nothing much to say...that time I had retired from the team and had my surgery I was very depressed. Plus all my endorsements were getting canceled. Nothing was going my way. Everything was giving me a headache..." Prem took a sip of his beer.

He saw his friends listening to him with utmost concentration."Me and Hia, we didn't meet through P' Ton.  We met via a mutual friend, Benz. We hung out together every now and then."

"On Benz's birthday, we were celebrating at a pub...and we kissed...then one thing led to another and... that's all" He didn't want to explain anymore.

"That's all? What do you mean that's all? Which stage are you guys in? If the two of you are not dating then what are you?" Earth felt like a deflated balloon.

"It was just a... what do we call it... situation-ship... yes, a situation-ship. We decided to remain friends after that." Prem clarified.

"Or should we call it 'Friends with benefits '? Can you swear that the two of you have never crossed boundaries after that night? Because I have seen the two of you kiss several times. Even today morning." Sammy was feeling frustrated on her friend's behalf.

"Friends with benefits? Hmm... Maybe, you are right. Neither of us is taking this seriously. I swear." Prem showed his three fingers.

"But your body language and actions don't seem to match your words, Prem." Fluke chewed on the piece of meat.

"Prem, don't forget that all three of us have been your friends since we were in our diapers. Do you seriously think that we won't be able to figure out anything that is going on inside your head?"

Prem was silent. He was fighting the storm within himself. He couldn't bring himself to admit that he had feelings for a person just because they slept together. Denying his feelings wasn't helping either.

"Prem, I don't want to discourage you, but you do know that you are not the only person he sleeps with, right? From what I have heard about him, he is a complete playboy, a heartbreaker, and a party freak. You should take your decisions wisely." Earth moved closer to Prem as he said in a low voice.

"No wonder P' Ton was angry when he heard that the two of you hooked up." Sammy figured it out.

Fluke sighed hearing the conversation between his friends. He had never understood the concept of love. He couldn't understand why people were even willing to fall in love when they knew they were bound to get hurt.

 Earth was a good example of a so-called 'love story' and now Prem has joined in as well.

"The agency is planning a lot of work for the two of you as a couple. There are even projects lined up for the two of you. If you were to fall in love with him and end up getting rejected, it would be a disaster to work together again. As your friend and a manager, I hope you can sort things out before it gets complicated." Earth turned professional as he advised his friend.

Prem obviously knew what Earth was trying to say. He knew the chances of his wish coming true were low and the likelihood of failure was so high that it didn't seem to be worth the risk.

Prem was a guy whose world revolved around sports. He had never been lucky with relationships.

Boun had come to him at the time he felt broken inside. He was vulnerable then. That was how he fell for Boun.

Boun's personality and approach had caught his heart completely. He didn't want to let go of the warmth and support Boun provided him.

Prem was torn. Imagination and reality had a huge difference.

"Don't worry guys. I will think it through. I don't want to be a mess as well." Prem assured. "But the problem is that I will be spending more time with him now."

"Prem, three of us will be with you till you figure things out. Just try to keep your interaction with him to the minimum." Fluke spoke up.

"The same goes for you too, Fluke." Earth shot a glance at Fluke.

"What did I do?" Fluke was taken aback as he was called out.

"I am talking about last night. You should keep your distance from P' Ohm as well. He is not someone we can afford to mess with" Earth said warningly. He didn't want his artist to be involved with a senior.

"I know. You don't have to remind me. Yesterday was a mistake. There wouldn't be a next time."

"I was planning on spending the night celebrating our reunion. But look at what we are doing now. I even cancelled my date with P' Ton for this." Sammy let out a long sigh.

"Who said we are not celebrating? Let's raise a toast. CHEERS" Fluke raised his beer.

"CHEERS!!!" the other three shouted.

"Let's get drunk tonight..." Prem was back in form. He decided to put Boun at the back of his mind and enjoy his friends' company for now.