41. Little Muffin

In the Ritprasert family mansion.

“Ohm, you have done a great job this time. I am happy that the three of you worked together a smoked out those rats from their lairs.” Edward, Ohm’s paternal grandfather praised him.

Two whole weeks had passed since he last met Fluke.

Fluke had been avoiding him at all costs.
The pending work had piled up in the last two months. This kept Ohm from approaching Fluke too much. His free time was taken up the therapy session, which turned out to be quite useful in not only dealing with his trauma but also reducing his social anxiety which increased over years.

With the help of the documents Fluke provided, Ohm conducted a wide range of investigations on the people under his own family. Only to find shocking results.
Everyone who was found to be related to Khuruwityophats, or showed any sign of being a backstabber was taken care of and kicked out of his family without mercy.

As the heir of the family, they couldn’t go against Ohm’s words.

The same had happened to Dechaphatthanakun and Guntachai families under Kao’s and Boun’s supervision respectively.

Now he was sitting in the Ritprasert family mansion with his paternal grandparents discussing the future plans for the family’s future business developments.

The weeding out had essentially weakened and strengthened the family at the same time. So, from now on every step had to be taken with caution.

After the meeting was done Ohm was sitting in the open garden going through some documents.

“Don’t push yourself too hard, Ohm.” A smiling middle-aged lady brought over tea and some snacks.

“Mom.” Ohm smiled and greeted the lady.

“Look at your face. You look so tired.” The lady ran her fingers through her son’s cheeks.

“I am not tired mom. Just have some pending work to do.”

“Normally when my son is working, he would not be this distressed. I know that so much had happened recently. But why do I feel that something else is bothering my luk” the lady sat next to Ohm.

“It’s nothing, mom.”

“Ohm, I am your mom. I know when my luk is sad and when he is happy. So, don’t think you can fool me."

Ohm smiled and kept quiet.

“Let me guess, it is because of that boy, right? What was his name again?... Fluke. Yes, Fluke. Are you so distressed because of him?” Ann looked at her son.

“You are still unable to win his heart?” She probed.

“Mom, you know? Did Dream tell you about it?” Ohm turned to look at his mother.

“Of course, I know. It was not Dream. I have my own spies around you.”

“If not Dream then it must be Boun,” Ohm stated.

Ann laughed when Ohm made the right guess.

“Mom… are you okay with…me being in a relationship with a…guy?” Ohm asked cautiously.

Ann grinned at her son.

“Both I and your dad are okay with it as long as you are happy. But your grandparents may have a problem with it though. We will handle it for you when the time comes.” Ann poured some tea for herself.

Ohm suddenly hugged her tightly.

“Thank you, mom, for understanding me. Thank you so much for your support.” 

“Enough, enough. No need to thank me. When have we gone against your wishes till now?” Ann said enjoying her son’s hug.

Ohm hugged her tighter as he smiled widely.

“You know what Ohm. We had long known that you liked boys more than girls.”

Ohm loosened his hug and looked at his mother’s face.

“Don’t you remember, back when you were young, you came to Thailand after a long time during your summer break? Then the little girls in the neighborhood were swooning over you, sending gifts and flowers. You treated them like a plague.”

“That’s because those girls were so annoying. They would follow me everywhere.” Ohm frowned at the memory.

“Until he came. Your ‘N' muffin’. You would follow him around just the way those girls would follow you. No matter what he said, you would follow without question. You would only play with him, sleep hugging him. Two of you even had a mini wedding at Dream’s playhouse. I still remember that wedding vows the two of you made.”

“Mom. What are you talking about? What wedding? We were just playing around. I used to take care of him as a Nong.” Ohm defended.

“Mom, I found the album you were looking for.” Dream walked over with an old photo album in her hands.

“Mom, why are you taking out these?” Ohm watched as his mother take the album from his sister and flipped through them.

“See this photo here. This was taken on the day you two had that wedding. You two look so cute in wedding suits.” Ann showed the pictures to her children with a smile.

“Wow. They are so adorable. But how come I don’t remember anything?” Dream pouted.

“You were too young to remember them.” Ann smiled at her daughter.

“Mom, why are you being so nostalgic all of a sudden?” Ohm asked.

“Nothing. I met his mom recently. We were on the same flight from London.

We talked all the way from London to Bangkok. It was as if we haven’t lost touch all these years. She especially asked about you. You should visit her before she goes back next month.”

“I don’t even remember them. Why should I visit them?” Ohm whined.

“You have to because I say you have to. I saw her son pick her up at the airport.
He had grown up. He looks a bit different though. I didn’t get to talk to him though. If Fluke doesn’t like you back, then we can go for him.”

“Mom, what are you saying? I can’t just go for anyone.” Ohm protested.

“I am just saying. In case, we need a backup plan. I remember he was as possessive of you as much as you were of him. he wouldn’t share his toys and snacks with anyone other than you. He vowed that he will grow up and marry you. I think the two of you will look good together.” Ann fondly brushed Ohm’s hair.

“Mom, that was childish vows. Don’t take it seriously. If what you said is true, then he must already have a boyfriend of his own.” Ohm pulled the album out of his mother’s grip.

“Phi, do you mean to say that if he is still single, you would like to give him a try?” Dream asked.

“No. I love Fluke. He is the only one for me. I did rather stay single if it is not Fluke.” Ohm declared flipping through the album.

“Such a buzzkill. Two of you look good together.” Dream sulked.

“You said the same when you saw me with Fluke. I know what is going on inside that head of yours. Fluke is mine. I wouldn’t let you have him.”

“As if he had said yes to you.” Dream mumbled.

“He will. It is just a matter of time.” Ohm’s sight got stuck on a photograph of that so-called ‘little muffin’.

“Mom, where did you say his parents lived? Please send me the address” Ohm suddenly stood up.

“What happened phi?”

“I am visiting them.” Ohm walked away in big strides after kissing his mother goodbye.

Both Ann and Dream were left confused.