75. NG

Fluke was laying on his bed staring at the ceiling.

The shooting of ‘You are my blue’ started about a week ago and they were currently staying at Ohm’s place near the filming sight. As it was his second series with Ohm and they had already developed a chemistry within themselves, the shooting was supposed to go smoothly. Yet everything that was happening was the exactly opposite of what was supposed to happen.

Earlier today they were shooting his first romantic scene with Ohm and Ohm messed it up. The scene was quite simple. All they had to do was wrap their hands around each other and look lovingly into each other’s eyes.

When Fluke looked into Ohm’s eyes there was no emotion in it. Even Ohm’s body felt stiff when he hugged him.

They NG-ed for twenty-six times before the director gave up and decided to postpone the shoot of the scene to another day.

Fluke had seriously started doubting Dream’s words.

‘Ohm loved him?’ Fluke couldn’t see it nor feel it from Ohm’s actions.

Things between him and Ohm had been on rocks since the day they talked in the hospital.  

Ohm and his family had completely washed their hands off Fame’s matter, as if the whole thing had nothing to do with any of them.

Fluke was left behind cleaning up the whole mess. Partially because he was guilty and partially because he had been taught to own up his mistakes and make amends.

Fluke felt that if he had confessed to Fame that he was gay when they were still in high school, maybe her feelings wouldn’t have got so riled up. She had been carrying her love for him since her teenage days. He could have stopped that from happening if he was brave enough to come out of the closet back then. By not telling her the truth, Fluke felt that he had given her hope leading to such a big trouble.

Taking on the liability of what happened to Fame, Fluke had been visiting her in the hospital whenever he could. She was paralysed and her father had practically abandoned her. Fluke’s presence was the only thing that kept her going.

Fluke had taken up the role of music therapist for Fame personally. The therapy sessions were effective as he could see that Fame was responding to his voice by moving her pupils, making Fluke more confident about curing her.

Fluke picked up his phone and chat log with Ohm. No response as always.

After the hospital incident both of them had MV shoots, workshops, practice for promotion and many more activities together. But Ohm was keeping his distance from Fluke much to latter’s confusion.

Ohm had turned into a walking block of ice emitting ‘do-not-approach-me’ aura. Fluke had tried to start conversation but the former always avoided it.

Fluke threw his phone on the bed and picked up the huge teddy bear that was sitting against the head board.

Fluke had named it ‘Hugsy’ after Joey’s penguin plushie in FRIENDS.

“Stupid P’ Ohm.” Fluke pouted and punched Hugsy.

“Why don’t you talk to me phi? Don’t you love anymore?” Fluke whined at Hugsy imagining it to be Ohm. “Why are you avoiding me nowadays? Didn’t you yourself say that you want to hit on him? Is this how you hit on people?”

Fluke was in a bad mood after what happened the set earlier. How could Ohm not be able to look at him with love if he actually had feeling for him.

Fluke felt that the brother-sister duo was playing a prank on him. When he hadn’t heard from Dream about Ohm’s feelings for him, he was still alright. But after finding that out, he was restless.

Knowing that there was chance that his feelings may get reciprocated, he had fallen deeper in love with Ohm.

He dreamed about being together with Ohm almost every night only to get up and face Ohm who walked past him as if he is thin air.

“Ah…..” Fluke let out a muffled groan as he pressed his face against the teddy bear’s plump belly.

“What should I do with you? It is okay if you aren’t confident enough to confess it first. But at least give me a chance to do it. If you keep pushing me away like this, how are we supposed to work things out? Are you that dump?” Fluke shook Hugsy violently.

He couldn’t comprehend Ohm’s actions. He had clearly told Ohm that he was into men and was not interested in Dream. This should have cleared the misunderstanding between them. He didn’t know now what Ohm was thinking that made the older distance himself from him.

Fluke threw hugsy to the floor in frustration.

✨✨✨

Ohm had come to the rooftop to get some fresh air.

As a private area owned by rich people, no one came to the rooftop. It was a peaceful place where he could clear his mind.

Ohm himself didn’t know why he went stiff and was unable to look Fluke in the eye in the shoot earlier. He had seen the younger look at him with his big doe eyes filled with curiosity and anticipation. Yet he was not able to respond to it.

He had even NG-ed the scene so many times, breaking his own record of NGs.
Ohm’s mind was a chaotic mess when it came to Fluke.

Fluke’s lukewarm response when he told the younger that he was hitting on him was such a turn off for Ohm. He was not confident to admit his feelings in the first place along with Fluke’s reaction, Ohm was on the verge of giving up.

He didn’t want Fluke to think of his feelings as a silly or ridiculous matter.

Fluke might even think of him as a pervert if he were to confess to him that he had already developed feelings for the former since they were young.

Not to mention the fact that Fluke was spending almost all of his free time taking care of Fame in the hospital. It was understandable that Fluke saw her as a good friend and wanted to help. But taking things to this level seemed a little too much to Ohm.

It was as if someone had overturned a barrel of vinegar inside him every time Ohm heard that Fluke was going to visit Fame. The sour feeling only heightened when he saw Fluke's face timing Fame’s mother and brother during their break from the shoot.

Ohm couldn’t help but feel jealous of Fame. Fluke was next to him, staying under the same roof, working together, yet the distance between them seemed to be infinite.

He had been avoiding Fluke to prevent himself from making any more impulsive decisions and inviting more trouble for himself. He also needed to figure a way around the current situation. He couldn’t run away from Fluke forever.