Sneak Peak 5

"Here, " Yacht handed a cup of instant coffee to his younger brother-in-law and took a seat next to him sipping his own coffee.

Boun took the cup of warm drink mumbling a thank you to the older guy. He practically looked like a zombie.

" When was the last time you got any sleep? " Yacht asked looking at the dark circles under Boun's eyes.

" I slept for an hour yesterday. " Boun replied as if he was defending himself. He sipped the coffee, letting the small dose of caffeine do its magic on his exhausted self. 

There was already a lot of pressure on him by the Board members after he took over the family business, but now without Prem to take care of him, he was a mess. He was having a hard time trying to make a balance out of everything going on around him. He needed his Pao- badly.

" Khun Boun, the team is here. " His secretary notified.

Boun sighed, finishing the remaining coffee in one go. He got up from the waiting chair in the lounging area. He threw the empty paper cup into the trash bin and walked in the direction his secretary had come from.

"Don't be so hard on yourself." Yacht patted Boun on his shoulder. He sincerely wished that he could do something to elevate Boun's burden. But there was hardly anything that he could do.

"Khrab" Boun gave him a small smile.

The duo entered the VIP hospital room. A team of doctors and nurses were already there.

They had already started giving Ohm a check-up. Ohm being hospitalised had been a  big hit for Boun. The two people who had been his support systems were down together.

He had practically been living in the hospital to keep an eye on Ohm who had been in a coma for the past one week and had only been shifted out of the intensive care unit the previous night.

Boun and Yacht waied at the doctors and stood to the side watching them go over the procedural check-up.

Ohm who had a cast on his broken arm and a bandage wrapped around his injured head, sat with a typical stoic expression that Boun hadn't seen in the past four years.

"Are you feeling any kind of discomfort?" The oldest doctor in the team, who had been in charge of Ohm's treatment asked. He was also the doctor who had performed the emergency surgery on Ohm when he was brought in the other day.

"Not really, khrab. But sometimes I do feel a bit dizzy. " Ohm answered.

" That is normal, Khun. Try not to stand up all of a sudden. " The doctor advised. It was normal for someone who had a major injury in the head to feel dizzy when they got up from bed in one go.

"Khrab." Ohm nodded. He wasn't completely clueless about his own situation.

" Your test results don't show any problems. " The doctor said after going through Ohm's file. " But we will have to undergo another test. "

"Another test? " Ohm was actually fed up with all the tests he had to go through in the past few days. He didn't want to go through another one.

" You don't have to be so serious, Khun. You just have to answer a few questions and we will be done with the test. " The doctor said with a chuckle sensing Ohm's discomfort.

"Khrab" Ohm replied feeling relieved. 

The doctor gestured at one of the younger doctors in the team, who handed a questionnaire to him. "So, tell me, what is your name?" The doctor asked the first question.

"Ohm Thitiwat Ritprasert, Khrab." Ohm answered confidently.

The doctor ticked the first question and proceeded to the next. "How old are you this year, Khun Ohm?"

"I am eighteen years old" Ohm answered without hesitation.

Boun and Yacht had a hard time not showing the shock on their faces as they listened to Ohm's answer.

The doctor too kept a neutral expression as he had already seen this coming. He put a large circle over the question number '2'. "Eighteen? Then  are you a high schooler?" He shot the third question.

"No, Khrab. I am a freshman in the Faculty of Business Administration at Chulakorn University." Ohm, even though found the doctor's question weird, answered it.

"Good." The doctor circled the third question number as well. "Tell me about your family, Khun Ohm."

Ohm frowned, thinking for a while before answering. The question-answer session went ahead for almost half an hour.

"That would be all Khun Ohm. Thank you for your cooperation. You may rest now." The doctor handed the questionnaire to his juniors and smiled at Ohm.

Ohm waied at the team of doctors who were about to leave the hospital room.

Boun and Yacht followed the team to see them out. The team lead asked them to go to the consulting office of the doctor to discuss the condition of the patient.

Yacht headed back to the hospital room to accompany Ohm while Boun followed the doctors into the consulting room.

After the doctor and Boun settled down opposite each other, across the table, the head doctor spoke. "I am sure that I don't have to spell out that Khun Ohm is having a memory loss." 

"Khrab," Boun answered with knitted brows. He was extremely worried.

"You don't have to worry that much about this. This memory loss is temporary." The old doctor smiled at Boun. He turned the monitor screen towards Boun.

 "See, here, there is a small concussion on this part of his head." The doctor started explaining pointing at the CT scans of Ohm's brain. "The concussion is currently pressing down on some of the important nerves, causing him to forget a small part of his past."

Boun bit his lips, trying to digest the new information. "Is it possible to remove this concussion, Khun Mo?"

"Of course, there is." the doctor said amicably. "There are actually two ways, first by surgery and second by medication. As a surgeon, I wouldn't recommend going forward with the first option as it might be dangerous for Khun Ohm to have his head opened again as he had just gone through another major surgery on his brain. We will have to wait for the former injury to heal before we can go forward with the said surgery."

"What about the second way, Khrab?" Boun asked hopefully.

"The second way is going to be time-consuming. It might take him days, weeks, months or even years to gain his memories." the doctor replied. "But I would recommend it more because it has fewer side effects."

Boun was silent, brooding over the matter in his head.

Ohm had been a mess since his break up with Fluke, which came as a complete surprise for him.

 Boun had been watching his baby brother go through so much pain because of Fluke. He felt that it would be for the best that Ohm had forgotten everything about Fluke. He agreed to the doctor's suggestion.