86. Drug named love

Prem shivered as hid his face in Boun’s chest. Next to him, Sammy was acting as if she was about to puke.

Boun chuckled and shook his head watching the two younger ones act.

“Why didn’t I die before I had to see this day?” Prem dramatically clenched Boun’s clothes.

“Maybe, we should visit a temple and offer some merits for our safety.” Sammy looked at the so-called horrifying scene in front of them.

“Guys, you should stop now. You are overreacting.” Earth said joining the group of three and sitting down on the bean bag. He had just returned from the business trip last night.

“Earth, don’t tell me you are not getting goosebumps like us in this situation. This is too scary.” Sammy involuntarily hugged herself.

“That’s enough two of you. Just accept what you see now.” Kao sat next to Boun with a cup of coffee.

Earth snatched the cup from Kao despite the elder’s protests “No more coffee for today, P’ Kao. This one is already the sixth one.”

“How did we forget that we have another one right here?” Sammy commented.

“Sammy,” Earth called out with his eerie smile. “Come here, sweetheart.” He waved at her.

“No Thanks.” Sammy backed away from Earth. The latter had spent too much time with Fluke that he was becoming more and more like his twin-in-name.
“I wonder what drug P’ Ohm fed him to change him like this.” Prem touched his nonexistent beard.

The four were looking at the OhmFluke couple who was busy distributing free dog food. The horrifying part they found was not Ohm being all flirty and shameless as they were almost used to seeing it over the past few months but Fluke’s reaction to it. Fluke was blushing and cooing to everything Ohm was saying.

Fluke being like this was something both Sammy and Prem could never imagine even in their wildest dreams. Not to mention the gentleness in Fluke’s eyes as he watched Ohm speak.

“A drug named ‘love’ maybe?” Earth suggested sipping the coffee himself cringing his face at the bitterness of the beverage.

“I just can’t figure out who among the two is more whipped, Ohm or Fluke. I used to think that only Ohm would be like this. Now that they have started dating officially, Fluke is the same as him.” Boun said running his hands through Prem’s hair.

“So true. I never expected Fluke to change so much once he fell in love.” Prem tsked.

“Maybe, he is possessed,” Sammy said thoughtfully. “We should bring him to a priest.”

“Sammy, I dare you to say that to Fluke’s face.” Earth scoffed. “His gentleness is only for P’ Ohm, the rest of us are the same as before.”

“I will go prepare for your funeral.” Prem chirped in.

Sammy pouted.

“Did you watch their live yesterday? They were openly flirting with each other. I don’t think they actually want to keep their relationship a secret.” Prem commented.

“If they were not in the entertainment industry, they might have announced it to the world already,” Kao spoke up.

“True story. Fans only think of their interaction as Fan service. If they get to know that it is real, there will be more people criticizing them than supporting them.” Earth said.

Their attention was gathered over by the loud giggles of Fluke as he was being tickled by Ohm.

“I never thought that I could actually see Fluke laughing so happily without any restraint,” Earth said with a small smile.

“The same goes for Ohm. He had always kept a stoic expression on his face ever since we were kids. The classic poker face. Other kids used to be scared to even approach him. I am really curious about how Fluke managed to make friends with him as a kid.” Boun said eyeing his cousin who had an idiotic smile on his face.

“Like minds think alike, maybe?” Prem said readjusting his position on Boun’s chest. “Even though Fluke was very approachable, he had always had his own reservations about making friends. He wouldn’t let anybody get close to him in an actual sense. If P’ Ohm had managed to do it when they were young, hats off to him.”

Earth noticed that Kao was lost in thought as he stared at the couple.

“What are you think about P’ Kao?” Earth asked the frowning elder.

“Nothing much. I was thinking how our Khun Yay is going to react when they hear that their favourite luk chai has found himself a boyfriend than a girlfriend.” The elder replied.

Ohm, being mature and self-sufficient, had always been their grandparents' favourite grandchild. He had always made them proud with his achievements. Kao was worried that it wouldn't end well if his grandmother hears about OhmFluke.

“She might as well get a heart attack.” Boun sneered. He disliked his grandmother’s conservative thoughts. He still remembered the look she had on her face when he had come out as bisexual. That look of pure disgust. He could never forget that even if he wanted to.

Earth knew about this matter. He knew that Kao’s grandmother was prejudiced about homosexual relationships. This was one of the reasons why he was hesitating to start dating Kao again. He loved the old lady more than her own grandchildren and didn’t want to hurt her feelings. He glanced at Kao and bit his lips.

Kao too had his attention shifted to Earth who was looking a little unsettled at the mention of his grandmother. He was partly aware of the little one’s dilemma. His grandmother had always adored Earth from the bottom of her heart as he was the grandchild of her only best friend.

Once she gets to know that Earth is into men, she would completely cut ties with him without hesitation, which would be heartbreaking for Earth who had already lost his whole family.

Earth had made him promise that he would never reveal his sexuality to his grandmother before he got married to Shelly. Shelly could actually be called a cover-up for his gay sexuality. In truth, he had never been attracted to women.

His family pressurizing him to get married to another woman was already starting to give him a major headache. He didn’t want to marry a woman. He wanted to marry a man. A man named Earth Katsamonnat Namwirote.

As long as Earth gave him a simple nod, Kao was willing to go against his whole family and take his hand in marriage. But unfortunately, the younger one valued his family more than him making things nearly impossible between them.
Boun noticed the tension between Kao and Earth who were exchanging glances every now and then. He couldn’t help but sigh.

Even as an outsider, he could see that the two were still deeply and madly in love with each other and were unwilling to move on from the failed relationship. He didn’t know how to help the two clear the air between them and start dating as any other couple in love would do.