43. Nu

Hey guys, ☺
From today we will be celebrating🎉🎊 Ohm's week🎊🎉 (2️⃣0️⃣ March 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣3️⃣  to 2️⃣6️⃣  March 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣3️⃣ ). We will have 2x update till 26 March, P' Ohm's birthday🎂.

Happy reading everyone

✨✨✨
DAY 1
Pt 1
✨✨✨

Fluke was planning a dinner date with his mom when she texted him that they will be having a guest coming over with her.

He assumed that the guest must be the child of the person his mother had gone shopping with the whole day.

Fluke felt a little annoyed that a third person would join them. He rarely gets to spend time with his mother and now he had to entertain a guest, whom he didn’t even know.

The alarm went off indicating the food inside the air fryer was ready.

Fluke opened the air fryer and took out the pork chops. The mouth-watering smell of the food spread across the kitchen.

Fluke took a knife and drew lines on the pork chops before plating them carefully.
He then brought the food items one by one to the dining table and arranged culinary for three people.

“Muffin, look who I brought with me.” Fluke heard his mother’s voice from the living area.

Fluke took off his apron and hung it on the apron stand in the kitchen before adjusting his clothes.

He put on a well-practiced professional smile as he made his way to greet the guest.

Fluke was shocked to see a familiar face following behind his mother. His smile faded.

“P’ Ohm?”

Fluke stared at Ohm in surprise.

“Muffin, is this how you greet elders?” Remi nudged her son.

“Swadee Khrab P’ Ohm.” Fluke waied.

“Swadee N’ Muffin,” Ohm said with a naughty smile.

“Muffin, where are your manners? Why aren’t you inviting the guest inside?” Fluke heard his mother say.

“P’ Ohm please come inside. Make yourself at home.” Fluke gave him a fake smile before pulling his mother into the kitchen.

Ohm walked in and placed the shopping bags on the floor before taking a seat on the couch.

“Mom, didn’t you say that you were going out with your friend? Then, why is he here?” Fluke asked in a hushed voice pointing at Ohm who was looking around the living room.

“Yes, and that friend is his Mae,” Remi replied in a hushed tone.

“Since when did you become friends with his Mae?”

“Haven’t we always been friends? You and Ohm were close since young. How can we not be friends?” Remi was puzzled.

“Me and him?” Fluke felt his brain’s fuse go off. Nothing was making sense to him.
“Fluke, you don’t recognize him? He is your P’ Dimple. You used to play with him every summer vacation. You guys were so close that I thought you recognized him already.”

Fluke felt like a bomb dropped on him as heard his mother.

From Ohm’s attitude, it was clear that Ohm had recognized him.

Fluke wanted to dig a hole in the ground and bury himself.

‘How could he not recognize Ohm? How could he not see the similarity in facial features.’

“Ohm is such a good child. Just the way he took care of me is enough to prove that.” Remi praised Ohm.

“Mom, the food will get cold. Let’s start eating. I will go call P’ Ohm.” Fluke awkwardly walked to Ohm and invited him to the dining table.

Ohm was enjoying Fluke’s expressions. He found Fluke extremely cute at the moment.

As the dinner proceeded, Fluke remained quiet while the other two chatted away.
He never knew that Ohm was such a talkative person. Starting from Fluke’s cooking to his daily life, everything was been discussed at the dinner table.

Fluke wanted to stop them from talking anymore but for some reason found it difficult to open his mouth. He concentrated solely on his food throughout the dinner.

Ohm was stealing glances at Fluke, who had been extremely quiet which was unlike him on a normal basis. He changed topics trying to get Fluke involved in the conversation. But Fluke didn’t utter a word.

Remi was observing the two young ones at the dinner table. The elder one was busy trying to get the attention of the younger one while the younger one was busy avoiding the attention of the elder.

She found the two of them really interesting.

After dinner, Remi announced that Ohm will be staying over leaving Fluke feeling devastated. She even let Ohm stay in the guest room next to Fluke’s room.

“Fluke, show him his room,” Remi commanded.

Fluke unwillingly asked Ohm to follow him as he led the way. After showing Ohm his room Fluke tried to escape.

“Nu…” Ohm called out making Fluke freeze.

It had been years since someone called him that. It was the exclusive right he had given Ohm when they were young.

“Nu, are you mad at me?”

Hearing Ohm’s question smoke started coming out of Fluke’s nostrils. He was not mad; he was fuming mad.

All this while, Ohm had recognized him and never uttered a word. Ohm made him look like a clown.

Fluke took deep breaths to calm himself.
But it didn’t seem to be working. He was not in the mood to initiate a conversation with Ohm. He stepped out of the room only to be blocked by Ohm.

Ohm trapped Fluke against the wall.
The scene reminded him of those cheesy Korean dramas he watched with Earth.

Without many options left, Fluke raised his head and glared at Ohm.

“Are you still mad at me? I did everything you told me to. I got therapy. I took good rest. I dealt with those people. I finished my pending work. Why are you still mad at me?” Ohm asked looking extremely innocent.

“You don’t know what I am mad about? Then you don’t have to know. Get off my way. I need to get some sleep. I can’t stay up all night like you.” Fluke pushed Ohm away with all his strength.

“Are you mad because I am here? Or are you mad that I am staying over?”

“As if this is the first time you are staying over at my place.” Fluke scoffed.

“Then, it is my arrival here.” Ohm bent his back to make his face on the same level as Fluke's.

Fluke turned his face away pouting.

“Truth be told, I too didn’t know it was you. A few days ago my mom showed me our old photos and found that you look similar. Then I saw your parent’s old picture. That was when I realized that it was you.”

Fluke stared at Ohm for a few minutes.

“I am telling the truth. I swear.” Ohm said grinning like an idiot.

Fluke punched him in the gut.

The punch caught Ohm off guard, making him step away.

“Is this how you treat your husband?” Ohm asked holding his stomach.

“Who is your husband?” Fluke’s ears turned red.

“You are. Don’t you remember? We got married and even took wedding vows.” Ohm said playfully walking towards the blushing Fluke.

“What nonsense are you talking about?” Fluke could feel his face heat up.

“You vowed that you will always love me until the day you die,” Ohm said smiling shamelessly.

“You should go and sleep. We need to leave early tomorrow.” Fluke pushed Ohm away and ran to his room.