Sneak peek 2

"Your face is going to split if you keep smiling like this." The pregnant manager scowled at her friend.

Prem spared a glance at Sammy before going back to admiring the beauty of the two golden rings in the munch mulberry-coloured velvet box.

"This one must have cost you a bomb." Sammy eyed the shiny pair of rings. "How much did you spend on these?" the velvet box alone was enough to scream luxury.

"I am broke. Like dead broke" Prem smiled cheekily at his best friend. "So, you better help me find jobs so that I don't starve by the end of the month."

"What? You actually emptied your account for just these rings?" Sammy was exasperated. "Have you gone nuts???"

"Hoo Sammy, can you not shout so loudly when you are this close?" Prem covered his ears, shooting lasers with his eyes at his friend.

"Don't think that you can change the topic, Prem. How could you spend so much on these?" Sammy's hormones were making her emotional. The mood swings were getting heavier and worse as the pregnancy proceeded.

"For Hia, it's all worth it." Prem closed the velvet box with a smile and put it in his pocket.

"I can't believe that you are still this whipped for him." Sammy scoffed.

Even though Prem and Boun no longer worked together, nothing much had changed in between them. They were a happy family of five, including their son, their cat and dog.

Sammy sighed. "I wouldn't blame you for being so reckless with your money na. when one has a billionaire sugar daddy like P' Boun who is willing to spend all his money on you. it is only natural that you forget the value of money."

Prem threw his neck pillow at Sammy.

"Throwing things at a pregnant lady. Where are your manners, Khun Prem?" Sammy had successfully caught the neck pillow before it hit her.

"If the pregnant lady would have kept her mouth shut, she wouldn't have been attacked," Prem smirked at her.

"Did I say anything wrong?" Sammy asked in a challenging tone.

"I am not being reckless with my money." Prem patted the chest pocket of his jacket inside which the velvet box laid securely. "For Hia, it's all worth it."

"Oh hoo." Sammy gagged.

"What?" Prem glared murderously at her.

"I really can't believe that you are still as whipped for him as you were at the beginning."

Prem smiled and said nothing. What Sammy said was right. He was still whipped for Boun. His Hia and their son had become the centre of his universe. The father-son duo meant everything to him.

"So, are you planning on proposing him?" Sammy asked curiously.

"Hmm... truth be told, I have no idea. I do want to. But I don't want to rush into things." Prem looked out of the car window. The sceneries running past them told him that he was nearing his destination.

"You aren't rushing anything, Prem. You guys have been together for such a long time. You two have even been raising a kid together. what makes you think that it would be rushed if you proposed to him? " Sammy asked feeling confused by Prem's hesitation.

"Argh!" Prem ran his fingers through his hair. "Don't ask me, Sam. I... am confused. If Hia isn't willing to settle down then I don't think I would be able to take the rejection." He groaned. "I really want to propose to him. But him saying yes would mean that our relationship would go into a serious phase and I don't think either of us is ready for it."

Sammy facepalmed. "Don't tell me that you two have commitment issues."

"Something like that." Prem scratched his neck which suddenly felt sweaty despite the air conditioner in the RV.

"You guys are never going to change, aren't you?" Sammy really wished that Prem and Boun could make their relationship official since neither of them could live without each other.

"Drop me at our home." Prem changed the topic. He didn't want to discuss about his relationship with Boun with Sammy at the moment.

"At home? Didn't you say that you want to go to P' Boun's office and surprise him?"

"Yes, that was my initial plan. But we managed to finish everything earlier than we expected. Now we have..." Prem looked at his wristwatch "more than an hour before the lunch break. I think I should go home and cook something for Hia and bring it over to the company so that we can dine together. this way I won't be interrupting his work and I will be able to have lunch with him in peace.

And maybe I would spend a few hours there so that we can go pick Mix up from the kinder garden together. I am sure that the kid will be thrilled to see me."

"P' Boun has really managed to turn someone as unruly as you into an obedient housewife who loves cooking for her hubby," Sammy said with a teasing smile.

"Not everyone is like you, Sam. Other than making salads and sandwiches, what can you actually make? I really pity P' Ton and that kid inside your belly." Prem answered sassily.

"What did you say? I dare you to say that again." Sammy said threateningly.

Prem made a face at her, turning to the window again.

"It's good that you are going to the company to meet P' Boun rather than waiting at home for him to return." Sammy spoke up after a few minutes.

"What made you say that?" Prem looked at his friend curiously.

"Just... nothing. The other day, when I visited his office with P' Ton, I noticed how the staff in his office was trying to attract his attention. Irrespective of gender, they were all flirting with him. And P' Boun, he was trying to not be rude to the staff and smilingly declining their advances. He was practically turning a blind eye on them.

When you go there, you can establish that P' Boun is yours and not available for any of them."

"Won't that be a little over the top?" Prem bit his lips. He didn't want anyone to hit on Boun in office, especially since he himself was around the older most of the time.

"What 'over the top', Prem? It is called claiming your position." Sammy huffed. "If you are unwilling to do that, don't come crying to me when P' Boun gets seduced by one of those sluts in your absence one day."

"Hia won't do that," Prem said softly.

"Men will be men, Prem. How long has it been since you two have slept together? He has needs honey." Sammy said admiring her nails.

Prem frowned. They haven't slept together for more than half a year. He really needed to reclaim his place. He mentally promised himself that he was going to make up for his absence for the past few months to his Hia.