27. Waste of talent

Baam.

Fluke's racket hit the tennis ball sending it to the right end of the court. Prem missed the ball by a hair.

Earth blew the whistle. The automatic scoreboard showed eleven on Fluke's side indicating his victory.

Fluke did a victory jump before going to the other side of the court to hug the panting Prem.

The duo hugged and walked together to the viewer's area.

Everyone was clapping for them.

Fluke and Prem were surprised to see the elders. They were so engrossed in the game that they did notice their arrival.

They waied to the elders.

Sammy hurriedly handed them towels and bottles of water.

"When did you arrive, Hia?" Prem asked Boun as he took a huge sip of water.

"We just arrived a few minutes ago." Boun walked over to Prem

"We have been so worried about the two of you and you guys seem to be having so much fun," Boun said sarcastically.

The younger duo responded with cheeky smiles.

Fluke noticed Ohm staring at him.

"P' Ohm, how long have you not slept? You looked like a zombie." Fluke asked as he gestured to the waiter.

Fluke had heard from Earth and Sammy that in the past few weeks Ohm had been running around having continuous meetings and negotiations with various departments, the board of directors, and especially the media. He knew how much pressure was lying on Ohm's shoulders. But he hadn't imagined that Ohm's condition would be much worse than he imagined.

"He hasn't been sleeping for days now," Boun answered on Ohm's behalf.

"No wonder his face is like this. Since you two are here, you are staying overnight, right?" Fluke asked looking at the elders.

"No. We just came to check if you the two of you are doing okay. We didn't bring anything with us." Ohm rejected the offer.

"That is okay. The resort provides everything." Fluke looked at Ohm with pleading eyes.

Boun couldn't take it anymore. Both his cousins were idiots when it came to the people they love.

"We are staying," Boun said before Ohm could open his mouth.

Fluke squatted down next to Prem who was sitting on the viewer's bench. He swiftly took off Prem's left shoe and sock exposing his legs.

"Hey, Hey. What are you doing?" a confused Prem asked.

A waiter approached with a tray.

Fluke took the ice pack from the tray and applied it to Prem's angle.

Prem groaned in pain.

That was when everyone noticed the reddish angle.

"Why the hell did you continue to play when you were in pain?" Sammy smacked the back of Prem's head.

"I can bear the pain. It has been so long since I touched the racket. Now that I am finally getting a chance, I didn't want to miss it." Prem hissed as Fluke applied the pain relief spray.

"When did you notice that I was in pain?" Prem asked Fluke.

"I would be blind if I didn't notice how you were trying to avoid putting strain on the left leg," Fluke said as he continued to apply ice on Prem's leg.