22. Where the story began 5

Ohm was fully confident in choosing Fluke. So, he had to convince people around him to do the same. He prepared as if it was his final year research thesis and his future depended on it before he told Yacht about his choice.

His effort didn't go in vain as he was able to successfully convince everyone.

Using the series and BOD's decision to cast their own artists, Ohm made Yacht transfer Fluke from his previous agency.

As Fluke's current popularity was equal to that of a B-list artist, Ohm wanted to provide him with better conditions. Hence, he insisted that Fluke sign a new contract instead of transferring his old one.

It would not be wrong if one were to say that Fluke was getting an 'exclusive' contract. His contract was drafted under conditions personally requested by Ohm.

According to Fluke's new contract, he would have to live in the dorm (which is a high-end condo owned by Ohm). Fluke didn't have restrictions on using his social media or being in relationships. He was given access to the best resources available within the agency. If other artists were to know that Fluke received so many benefits while joining the agency, they would definitely create trouble and demand more benefits.

Yacht wanted to stop Ohm from drafting such a contract as none of the artists who joined their agency had these many privileges but was unsuccessful. Ohm even made him oversee the whole transfer procedure himself.

Ohm was excited to meet Fluke in real life but missed him by a second on Fluke's first day in SZ, as he was stopped by one of his colleagues. He consoled himself by saying that they would meet in a few days in the crew and cast meeting. That too was postponed as one of the cast members got arrested by police for drug trafficking. The meeting couldn't take place until a substitute is found.

Ohm felt that god was placing obstacles in his way because he was too excited. He decided to help Fluke from afar. He ordered Yacht to personally guide Fluke's manager so that he could get up-to-date information on Fluke's schedule.

From Yacht, Ohm got to know that Fluke wanted to remake an old song. Ohm made all the arrangements from buying the rights to the song to finding a good production team. He made sure that Fluke's work went smoothly.

Ohm's efforts were paid back as the song became a hit, loved by people from all generations. The song alone had brought high revenue returns pleasing the people who were suspicious about Ohm's actions.

Ohm was proud of Fluke and his work. He hadn't felt this way for a long time. It reminded him of how he felt when he received his first award for being the best child actor at the age of thirteen.

"You seem to be in a good mood these days. Did something good happen?" Kao asked his cousin who was smiling like an idiot all by himself.

"I am happy because nothing bad happened."

"Ohm, did you hit your head somewhere? Cause you are being weird these days."

"I have always been like this"

"If I hadn't known better, I would have thought that you have fallen in love or something." Kao scoffed.

Ohm almost spilt his coffee when he heard Kao. 

"Don't tell me, you have fallen for someone." Kao was amused seeing Ohm get flustered.

"No phi. I am just in a good mood because I have been taking a break and my upcoming projects are also going well. Nothing else."

"Whatever you say. Are you free now?"

Ohm nodded.

"Then attend the lunch with Khun Freddie. I have a lot of work piled up."

Seeing Ohm hesitate, Kao continued.

"Relax, it is not a blind date. Khun Freddie's daughter already got married a few months ago. His secretary said he wanted to discuss something outside work."

"Outside work?"

"I don't know the details. We can't just ignore him; he is one of our biggest clients after all."

Ohm unwillingly attended the lunch meeting with Freddie. During the meeting, Freddie requested him to suggest an artist who could perform during his mother's birthday celebrations.

Ohm was taken aback by the request. But soon collected himself as he felt that this opportunity could help Fluke make more connections with people inside and outside of the industry.

Ohm suggested Fluke to Freddie, explaining how his recent remake of the old song had won the hearts of many.

Freddie had gladly accepted Ohm's idea and gave the opportunity to Fluke.

Ohm was really excited to attend Freddie's party as he would be meeting Fluke for the first time in real life.

Wearing a customized suit, Ohm checked himself in the mirror for the nth time. He had spent two whole days in the beauty salon and spa getting facials, hair treatments, hair cuts, etc to look good and make the best first impression on Fluke.

Ohm nagged his stylist to find the best suit for him to wear. He had make-up on and even got his hair styled before going to the party.

Ohm had arranged for Yacht to pick up Fluke and assist him throughout the party if necessary as it was Fluke's first time attending one.

When Ohm saw Fluke singing on the stage, his heart skipped a beat. The melodious voice, the lights, the atmosphere everything was making him dizzy. He found himself blushing without any reason.

After the performance, Ohm wanted to go talk to Fluke and introduce himself. But there were so many people crowding around Fluke that he decided not to. If he would go there, it might take the spotlight away from Fluke, which he never wanted to happen.

Ohm patiently stood by the side occasionally talking to the people who approached him. He was waiting for an opportunity to speak with Fluke alone.

"Ohm, I have an emergency at home. I will have to leave." Yacht told him in a hurry.

"Then what about Fluke?"

"Can you take care of him? I called his manager but he is not available tonight. I really need to go. Something happened in my family."

"Don't worry, phi. Just relax and take care of your business. I will take care of Fluke" Ohm felt that his chance was here.

"Really? Thank you, Ohm. Fluke already looks drunk. You have to make sure he reaches back home safely. You guys have the meeting with the crew tomorrow afternoon."

"I know, phi. I will handle everything. Have a safe journey. See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow" Yacht waved as he hurried to the parking lot.

Ohm on the other hand approached Fluke who was sitting alone in the corner of the hall completely drunk.

Ohm introduced himself and explained the situation only to get incoherent babbling from Fluke.

Ohm found Fluke extra cute as he looked at the silly actions of Fluke.

With a smile, Ohm helped Fluke into the car.