52. Husband or brother in law

DAY 5Pt 1

DAY 5
Pt 1

✨✨✨

Ohm was now seated across from his father.

Having knelt down for hours while his father reprimanded him, Ohm's legs were aching.

But he was in no mood to pay any heed to it. His full attention was concentrated on his father.

His father had told him that he had to talk to him about Fluke.

Ohm was feeling a little nervous as the topic was brought up much faster than he had expected.

"I heard from your mom that you are in love with Fluke." Seth started the conversation.

"Khrab, dad. I love Fluke. " Ohm said.
"Did it ever cross your mind that I and the family would say no to your relationship? " Seth asked calmly.

" I don't care, dad. I don't care about what others have to say or what others will think about my relationship with Fluke. The only person whose opinion I need on this matter is Fluke himself. No one else matters. " Ohm looked directly into his father's eyes as he spoke.

"Good that you are at least decisive in this matter. " Seth smiled.

Ohm pressed his sweaty palms together waiting for his father to continue.

"When are you planning to bring him back home and introduce him to us?" Seth looked at his son.

Ohm was flabbergasted to hear his father's question.

"In...introduce him...?" Ohm asked doubtfully.

"Yes, introduce him to us. We have to get to know him personally too. Even though we knew him since he was a kid, it has been a long since we had actually interacted with him. Many things must have changed."

"Dad, we have not reached that stage." Ohm scratched his non-itchy cheek.

"What do you mean you haven't reached that stage? You need more time to introduce him to us?"

"No Dad. Me and Fluke, are not in a relationship yet. So, if I have to introduce him to you, then it would be an as little muffin or a colleague."

"You aren't in a relationship yet? Didn't you just say that you are in love with him?"

"Khrab dad. I love him. But I don't know how he feels about me."

Ohm was not uncomfortable sharing his true thoughts with his father.

Even though Seth was strict in some aspects, he had an approachable attitude whenever his children needed any advice.

"You don't know how he feels about you?

Ohm, he risked his life for you. Do you have any idea how heavily guarded Peach's house, the one you visited was? He breached the security just to ensure your safety. He even followed you to the warehouse while you were kidnapped. If he had not been able to knock out those people and take down the surveillance, do you think that you would have gotten a chance to escape?"

Ohm gulped at his father's question. He did remember Fluke mentioning something like that. But he was unaware of the details of what had happened.

"He had single-handedly destroyed Khuruwityophats for you."

"No dad. He was angry at them because they attacked the hospital and that has nothing to do with me. In fact, he was mad at me after the incident."

"He was mad at you? A person who has the ability to create such huge chaos, just let you be when he was mad at you?" Seth sneered at his son's foolishness.

"Ohm, if he was actually mad at you, he could have easily caused a major downfall for you as well as our family.

That just means that he was not mad at you and never intended to harm you in the first place."

Ohm felt that Seth's words made more sense than his own thoughts.

"By the time your Lung returns, it will be your Khun Pu's and Khun Yay's wedding anniversary. We are planning a celebratory party here in the mansion.

Bring Fluke along with you. I want to meet him."

"Khrab Dad."

"I hope I can introduce him to the guests as my son-in-law that day."

"Dad, we..."

"I know what you want to say." Seth interrupted. "You and Fluke are still not together. Even if you are together, you might need time to be introduced as an official couple and stuff like that, right?"
Ohm nodded agreeing to his father's guess.

"Fluke has always treated people around with care. He likes to protect others. And that is all, dad. He might only see me as a good friend. Getting into a relationship and meeting our parents are going to be a huge step." Ohm explained.

"I don't want to hear any excuses. If he doesn't love you, then make in fall in love with you. If he is not into men, they get him to fall in love with Dream.

Anyhow, I want him to be the son-in-law of our family."

"Dad..." Ohm was dumbstruck to hear the second part of the conversation.
"You want Dream to marry Fluke?"
Seth nodded.

"But why..."

"Look, Luk, I know how you feel about Fluke. But not all men fall in love with other men. Most of them prefer women over men. I am giving you a chance to win him over. If you can't, then I will formally visit his parents to propose a wedding with Dream."

Ohm clenched his fists.

"This is not a decision I took as your dad, but as the head of the Ritprasert family. You should already be aware that Fluke had not only stopped the Khuruwityophats but also helped the Dechaphaththanakuns and Guntachais along with our family. He managed to get back all the leaked business secrets before the police squad could find them.

He even tracked down the moles within the family. They owe him big time for this matter alone. Not to mention the bond and understanding he has created with Kao and Boun after this incident.

Making him a part of our family would only strengthen our ties with them." Seth said diplomatically.

"He comes from a good family background. He is a self-built businessman with a large network of connections. He is ambitious and hardworking. He has a good character as well. We have known him from a young age. He is an ideal choice as Dream's husband."

"No, dad. That is not going to happen. Fluke is mine." Ohm declared.

"I told you that I would give you a chance." Seth stood up and walked to the ceiling-to-floor French window.

"Don't worry dad. I will not let him go. I will make him mine." Ohm's voice was dripping in determination.

"Good. You may leave now." Seth dismissed Ohm.

He could see the burning fire in Ohm's eyes.

Having successfully instigated his son into action, Seth smiled cunningly.
Back in his room.

✨✨✨

Ohm was wearing boxing gloves and throwing punches at the sandbag to vent his frustration.

His dad's words were ringing in his ears.

He had no idea what he was going to do.
He had wanted to give his relationship with Fluke some time to develop. He didn't want to rush into it.

He gained some confidence after thinking about the recent interactions with Fluke. And felt a sense of relief wash over him.