10. Car ride

Fluke decided to concentrate on the food in front of him and not think too much into the situation.

After he finished his food, Fluke took the plates to the kitchen sink and washed them. He threw the leftovers into the trash bag. He then cleared the dining table.

By the time Fluke was done, Ohm came back.

"You didn't have to do this." Ohm was fairly surprised to see Fluke wiping the table clean.

"You made the breakfast. I ought to do the dishes." Fluke finished cleaning the table.

Ohm smiled hearing Fluke's words. It gave him a sense of warmth. "If you are done. Then go get ready. We need to leave in half an hour. The traffic is pretty bad at this time of the day."

Ohm handed Fluke a bag of clothes which made Fluke feel lost. "Don't tell me you forgot that we are having our first meeting with the crew of our series today?" He chuckled.

Fluke's silly expression made Ohm's smile grow wider.

"Now, go get ready. I have already told Earth that you will be coming with me. He will come there directly." Ohm urged.

Fluke nodded and took the bag upstairs to change.

After an hour.

Ohm drove his car out of the parking lot. Fluke occupied the passenger seat.

'The interior of the car is luxurious and cosy, just like his bedroom. It must have cost a bomb.' Fluke thought as he checked out Ohm's car.

"Nervous?" Ohm broke the silence.

"Kind of." Fluke rubbed his hands together.

"You don't have to be. I will be there with you." Ohm tried to calm Fluke down.

"That is exactly why I am nervous". Fluke mumbled.

"What did you just say? I didn't hear you." Ohm asked with his eyes on the road.

"Nothing." Fluke smiled awkwardly.

"Don't worry. It's just a meeting. Nothing much. You will get used to it." Ohm smiled reassuringly.

The smile made Fluke relax a bit. They chatted for a while.

From the conversation, Ohm understood that Fluke was not actually interested in taking the lead role as he preferred doing music to acting.

Fluke had auditioned for a support role only because of his manager's insistence.

Ohm felt more and more disheartened as he heard Fluke speak.

"Now, there are so many scenes to shoot. I will also have to take part in promotions and stuff when the show airs. It will take a lot more time." Fluke complained

"You do have a point there. But one thing you may not know is that, even if you were selected for the role you auditioned for, you will still need to take part in the promotions. The only plus point would have been you wouldn't have many scenes to shoot. I don't know if you could call it a good point or not." Ohm rationalized.

Fluke sighed in resignation.

"If you are worried about your acting skills, then don't be. The whole main cast are rookies." Ohm didn't want Fluke to be discouraged.

"I won't call 'you' a 'rookie'." Fluke laughed.

"I am a rookie when it comes to the romantic genre. It's a whole new world for me. The romantic genre requires more emotions than others. It will be a challenge to my skills as an actor." Ohm explained.

"Is that why you took up this project? To challenge yourself?" Fluke looked at Ohm who was focused on driving.

"I will introduce you to Boun today. He will be playing the second lead in the series." Ohm changed the subject.

"I know P'. Earth told me."

"By the way the one who is playing against Boun is an athlete, an ex-member of the National team."

"The cast this time is crazy! An action hero, an idol, a supermodel and an athlete? This is going to be fun." Fluke laughed.

"P' Yacht almost had a heart attack because of this. He literally wanted to give the casting director an earful." Ohm gossiped.

"Really? That does sound like something P' Yacht would do." Fluke was in tears after laughing so hard.

"I heard that you are doing the Ost and background music for the series as well."

"Yes. It is my first time. But I feel more confident in making music than acting." Fluke's face lit up at the mention of making music. "I am having a meeting with the music producer and the audio editing team tomorrow."

"You seem very excited about it. If you do a good job in making Ost, then you will get more opportunities in future." Ohm couldn't hide his smile as he watched the excited little one.

"Really, P'?"

Ohm nodded in acknowledgement. "You should give your best in acting as well. Maybe, you would find it interesting as well" He encouraged Fluke.

The car entered the congested highway. Ohm was concentrated on driving.

"Why is it taking so long to reach there?" Fluke looked outside the window.

"It is the peak hour. There is a lot of traffic. It might take a while. Fortunately, the meeting will begin an hour later. We are ahead of time." Ohm said as he looked at his watch.

"Can I put some music on, P'? " Fluke probed.

"Sure, why not?" Ohm found the silence uncomfortable too.

Fluke turned on the radio. The radio was playing one of his favourite songs.

Fluke heard Ohm hum the melody.

"P' Ohm. You like this song too? I didn't think you would listen to such songs." Fluke was surprised. "I didn't know that you sing. You have a good voice too." He praised Ohm. "How about you join me to sing the Ost? We can make a duet!" A new idea popped up inside his head.

Hearing Fluke's compliments, Ohm smiled and said nothing.

"P' Ohm. Think about it. You are trying a new genre. Singing will be the cherry on top if you were to sing." Fluke started buttering Ohm up. "I'm sure that it will be hit. If you agree to sing, I will assure you that the music I make will do justice to your voice. I swear. What do you think?"

Fluke was determined to get Ohm to sing along with him.

"P' Ohm... please... give it a thought... please, please, please." Fluke leaned over to Ohm trying to persuade him.

Seeing Fluke lean closer, Ohm felt his face heat up.

'So cute' Ohm thought as he saw Fluke looking at him with his puppy eyes.

"Okay, okay, I will think about it. Now sit back down. The traffic has started moving." Ohm didn't want Fluke to see him blush.

"You gave your word." Fluke sat back in his seat, vibing to the song being played.

The initial awkward atmosphere was nowhere to be seen.

Ohm and Fluke continued chatting throughout the journey. They found out that they had many things in common. They managed to click with each other.

The improvement made both parties excited.

Fluke was excited because Ohm didn't bring up last night. He could have a normal conversation. He forgot everything and started over.

Ohm was happy because he was one step closer to Fluke. He had managed to keep Fluke interested.