81. The Talk

“Ahem ahem” Earth faked a cough to gain the attention of the couple in front of him.

Ohm and Fluke separated from each other sensing the presence of a third party in the room.

“Can you guys tone it down a little?” Earth asked closing the door behind him.

They were in the makeup room of the set of ‘You are my blue’. The couple had successfully finished the scene Ohm had NGed several times last time in a single take earlier leaving the whole crew speechless.

They were given a short break before the next shot and the newly found couple ran off to spend some time alone by themselves.

Fluke made a face at Earth upon hearing his statement. Fluke then wrapped his hands around Ohm’s neck pulling him down to place a kiss on his cheeks looking provocatively at Earth.

“Alright, alright. I give up. Just take it as I said nothing.” Earth raised his both hands surrendering to the couple. “Just don’t mess up your make-up and clothes. There are still scenes to be shot today.” Earth said rearranging the cosmetics on the makeup table.

He took a seat on the revolving chair in front of the makeup table and started playing with his phone. He could see Ohm and Fluke being all lovey-dovey with pink bubbles floating around them.

Earth made a puking action, avoiding the cushion that was sent flying his way by his best friend.

“It’s not that I am against your public display of affection, but you guys have to remember that both of you are still at work. You can do whatever you want once you go back home. But here please don’t people question your professionalism.” Earth commented after he had enough of the dog food the couple was distributing for free.

Fluke pouted and hugged Ohm tighter and Ohm was busy adoring the little one who had his hands around his waist.

“Wow. Both of you are really made for each other. You guys literally have no sense of shame.” Earth said sarcastically seeing that the couple were joined hip to hip after they entered the set.

“Fluke next is your scene. You need to go.” Earth said pushing Fluke out of the room. He then turned to look at Ohm who was left behind.

Ohm flashed Earth a smile before picking up the script to memorise the lines for the next scene.

“P’ Ohm, we need to talk.” Earth had been wanting to do ‘the talk’ for years now. Fluke had never given him a chance to do so as he was always single. Now that finally Fluke got himself a boyfriend, Earth could finally do ‘the talk’ he had been longing to do.

“What is it Earth?” Ohm asked seeing Earth’s serious expression.

“I just want to tell you that if you ever hurt Fluke, I will crush your balls,” Earth said in a serious tone.

Ohm’s face cracked upon hearing Earth. He couldn’t hold back his laughter.

“Why are you laughing? Do you think that I am being funny here?” Earth put on a poker face.

Ohm shook his head finally controlling his laughter.

Earth continued.

“All these years, Fluke had always protected me. He was there for me whenever I needed him. Not just for me, but for Prem and Sammy as well. He always acted as a protective big brother to the three of us, shielding us from the problems we may have faced if not for him. He had always prioritised us before himself. This might have been one of the reasons why he had never been in a relationship before.”

Earth paused and observed Ohm’s reaction. Ohm was carefully listening to Earth.
“All his care had always been one-sided. None of us could give back anything other than being a loyal friend to him in return for all the things he had done for us. Neither had he expected or asked for a return as well. That’s why we are letting you know that if you don’t treat him well we will make you pay for that. We will do anything and everything to make your life a living hell.” Earth’s eyes were sharp and the tone was cold.

Ohm could sense the seriousness of the words Earth was uttering. He understood that the latter was not joking when he placed the threats.

“I would rather die than treat my Noo wrongly or ever make him cry,” Ohm replied genuinely.

“But you already made him cry so much over you. Do you have any idea how broke he was when you told him you were getting engaged to someone else? He thinks that he managed to hide it from us but we know he had been crying himself to sleep each night. We saw him bury himself in work to prevent thinking about you.” Earth’s eyes were spitting fire as he spoke.

“I was dumb in the past Earth. I wasn’t thinking straight. I promise you that something like that would never happen again. I will make sure that he is happy.” Ohm said seriously.

“It would be for your own good if you keep your words.” Earth hmphed before leaving the room to watch the shoot.

Ohm too walked out following Earth and sat on the waiting chair placed in the shade in the shooting area with the script in his hand as he watched Fluke shoot.

Having reached an understanding of Earth’s previous demur changed. He sat next to Ohm and started talking.

“Fluke was just a few months old when his parents went back to work leaving him with their relatives. He had always acted more maturely than kids of his age so that he would not burden the people who were taking care of him. He took part in almost everything, excelling in each so that his parents would at least give him a call to congratulate him whenever he wins a prize.” 
Earth sighed.

“All his life, he had always been careful in making decisions. He would analyse each step he took. All his actions were well planned by him. But you are an exception.” Earth looked straight into Ohm’s eyes.

“You came in as a completely unplanned surprise in his life and he let you be an exception. Whenever he is with you, he willingly lets go of himself leaving the mask behind him. He becomes himself when he is with you. His smiles become more genuine, unlike the ones he used to give everyone who came to interact with him. I can see his love for you in his eyes when he looks at you.” Earth was watching Fluke smiling and talking with the director about the scene they just shot.

“I get what you are trying to say, Earth. Be rest assured. I will never let that smile fade away.” Ohm promised as he looked proudly at his boyfriend who was being praised by the director and the crew for his brilliant performance.