95. Get together

“It’s sad that P’ Ton couldn’t join us, today.” Fluke placed the tray full of food on the table.

“He really wanted to. Who would have thought that Khun Mae will suddenly fall sick at the last moment.” Sammy placed the food items she was carrying on the table.

“She must have exhausted herself making preparations for the engagement ceremony,” Prem said chewing a piece of pineapple from the salad dressing.

Fluke slapped Prem’s hand away that was reaching out to take another piece of the fruit. “Can’t Khun Prem see that we need some help here?” Fluke asked sarcastically.

“Didn’t P’ Ohm offer to help you. Then you declined saying that you can do it by yourself. Now, you want help from me?” Prem stated.

“He had been helping me cook all these since morning. He needs some rest. You on the other hand arrived at the right time to eat along with your man.” Fluke arranged the dishes on the table.

“You guys are the host. We are the guest.” Prem shrugged.

“Since when did ‘you’ become a guest at my place?” Fluke looked at Prem.  “Now, get up and go get the drinks. I will go call them over.”

Ohm and Fluke were hosting a dinner at Fluke’s place in Chiang Mai, on their last day there. Bosston had gone back to Bangkok along with his family. Sammy, Prem and Boun had stayed back for another night.

Kao and Earth had arrived that morning in Bangkok and directly headed to Chiang Mai to join the rest of the group.

“I really wanted to have such a gathering for a long time,” Boun said taking a seat on the dining table.

“You could have done this yourself. What was stopping you?” Ohm sat next to him.

“We were a little lazy.” Boun flashed a toothy smile at his cousin.

“Did Prem’s Phor-Mae agree to take care of Mix?” Kao sat opposite the two.

“Yeah.” Boun nodded. “They will be moving to Bangkok for the time being.”

“What about their accommodation? Are they going to stay with you?” Kao asked.

“They will be staying at Prem’s villa apartment for the time being. Prem is staying with me anyway. So, the villa has been locked down for a while now.” Boun smiled like a contented middle-aged man.

“What about Art’s schooling? I heard Fluke say that you wanted to send him to a boarding school.” Ohm asked his eldest cousin.

“That plan has been postponed for now. Maybe after he turns ten, we will think about it. Or else Earth and your boy will kill me without blinking twice.” Kao chuckled. “And that is why he loves his Papa and Poppy more than his own Dad.”

“Bad-mouthing people behind their backs is not a good habit, Khun Kao.” Earth placed the culinary in front of the cousins and sat next to Kao.

Kao smiled at the younger after being caught red-handed.

“Hmm… it smells so heavenly. I have truly missed Fluke’s cooking for a while now.” Kao said as the rest of the youngsters joined the table.

“I didn’t do it alone. P’ Ohm was there to help me.” Fluke sat next to Ohm and smiled at his boyfriend.

“If the two of you are going to serve dog food in the beginning itself, then, all the food you have been preparing since morning will go to waste,” Prem commented.

Fluke kicked him under the table angrily.

“Ouch, that hurts.” Prem winced in pain holding his leg that got kicked.