51. Father's disappointment

DAY 4Pt 2

DAY 4
Pt 2

✨✨✨

Ohm was kneeling in front of a middle-aged man.

The man was none other than his father, Seth, the current head of the Ritprasert family.

Seth had called Ohm to his study after dinner.

Ohm already had an idea of why his dad had suddenly returned and why he had called him to the study alone in such a hurry.

"What is this, Ohm? " Seth held up a few documents in his hands.

Ohm didn't dare to look up at his father.
"How could you become such a huge disappointment? " Seth threw the documents in front of Ohm.

Seth may look like a very easygoing parent to others. But in reality, he was very strict and demanding towards his son.

" You were being stalked by a little girl for two years and you had no clue about it? Two years Ohm. For two years you were followed and photographed. How come you never noticed anything?"

"How could you be so careless?"

"You even got yourself drugged and kidnapped. If Fluke had not stepped in that day, do you think that you would have been able to escape the place unscathed? Do you know what kind of drug they wanted to use on you?"

"Since when were you so low on your guard?"

"You walked into the enemy's den without much knowledge about who they are and what they are capable of. Did you even have a plan? What precautions did you take?"

"What you did can only be labeled as a childish action, Ohm. I expected better from you."

"What do you think your Lung would feel when he hears what you did?" Seth shook his head in disappointment.

"Do you know how proud he was of you? He was always boasting about how diligent and observant you are. He was glad that you always managed to stand out among the three cousins. But look at what you have become. Even Boun who always slacks off did better than you this time. You let him down, Ohm. You let him down big time."

Pin-drop silence prevailed in the study as Seth looked at his son.

"Why were you so clueless about the things happening around you, Ohm? How come you failed to notice others sharpening their knives against you behind your back? That too women? Two women were able to create such big chaos in your life and you were unable to solve it by yourself?"

"What happened to the pieces of training and classes you received from a young age? Did it all go down the drain?"

"Do you have any idea how much this has affected the people around you? Just imagine that your friends were ordinary people who couldn't defend themselves. What do you think would have happened to them?"

"Did you spend too much time living amongst the commoners that you forgot your real identity as the heir of the Ritprasert family? Did you forget the greatness and customs of the family?"
Seth exhaled deeply.

"Ohm, neither me nor your mom had ever stopped you from doing what you like to date. In fact, we have always supported your every decision, be it your career, business, study, or any other interest. This is because we wanted you to enjoy your life when you can. Once you take up the position as the family head of our family, you will be so overwhelmed by responsibilities that you may not be able to do what you love then. Never had we imagined that supporting you and letting you make your own decisions was the biggest mistake we did."

Ohm finally looked at his father and muttered.

"I am sorry, dad. I am sorry that I disappointed you." Ohm hung his head low.

"You are sorry? Why are you saying sorry to me? You should be saying sorry to yourself. Say sorry to yourself for being so useless and dump."

"You actually don't seem to realize your mistake here. You went back to your old life as if nothing had happened."

"Do you think that everything is over now that you got rid of a few spies and backstabbers from the family? No Ohm. Nothing is over. There are still undercurrents that may one day cause tsunamis that can destroy our whole family."

"And that is not something I want to see happening. The four generations before us had worked day and night to make the Ritprasert family reach what we are today. I don't want their efforts to go down the drain. I don't want our family to crumble."

"So, this time I am making a decision for you."

"In two months, your uncle will return. When he does, join his team and undergo training for a month and go out on a mission with them."

Ohm was shocked to hear his father's decision. He knew well enough what the so-called training before going on a mission meant. He had gone through that hellish training many times and gone on missions with teams and returned with victory.

It had been a few years since he last went on one.

It was going to be tough.

"Use these two months and clear your schedule for the next half of the year. The mission you will be going on will not be an easy one. It might take you a while to complete it. Don't return if you can't complete it successfully."

"Khrab, dad." Ohm agreed without question.

Seth was satisfied with his son's response.

"I will talk to Yacht myself." Seth leaned against the backrest of the chair.

"Khrab." Ohm nodded.

"Good then."

"One more thing. I heard you are getting therapy sessions for yourself every week. What is that about?" Seth asked.

"It is nothing, dad. I was having insomnia at night and it was kind of affecting my health. So, Fluke recommended consulting one. It seems to be quite effective. I get much better sleep now."

What Ohm said was not wholly a lie. He did get insomnia. But he had to hide the actual reason why he was getting therapy from his dad.

Ohm couldn't tell his dad about the recent traumatic experience he had to go through. He couldn't tell his dad that he was molested by a woman because of his carelessness.

His father might not be able to take it and might throw him directly into the training camp right away.

Ohm was grateful to Fluke. As he had promised, Fluke had managed to get rid of everything related to the incident.

Not even his dad, who had people specialized in digging up such things working for him, could find any trace of what happened inside the small room of the abandoned warehouse.

"Good. I did look into those people. They are the best in the field. Remi must have used her connections to get them for your consultation."

"Khrab, dad. Fluke did say that it was his mom who arranged them."

Seth hummed.

"Ohm, there is one more thing I want to discuss with you."

"It is about Fluke."