42. Shopping spree with ladies

In an affluent mall in the city center of Bangkok.

A young man in his twenties followed three women who were on a shopping spree. There were assistants following the group of four at a distance carrying shopping bags for them.

“It has been a while since I went shopping like this.” The lady in the white shirt said to her companions.

“Me too.” The lady in green smiled.

“Pa Remi, why didn’t Phi join us? I was hoping to meet him today.” The youngest girl of the group asked as she held her mother’s hand.

“He wanted to join but some work came up urgently. He has to take a day for tomorrow. So, he said he will finish his work by today evening and come home to accompany me. But I think that he is going to postpone that again to tomorrow morning like he always does.” Remi answered.

“Last time in the airport, I was in such a hurry that I didn’t even have the time to say hi to him.” The lady in green sighed.

“Oh! That was not Muffin. That was our other child.” Remi grinned.

“Other child?”

“Muffin always wanted siblings. Both of us were busy with careers that having a second child was difficult. So, we decided to adopt one for him.” Remi turned to look at the young man quietly following them.

“Ohm, why are you walking so far behind us? Come with us. I need your help in picking up some clothes for Muffin.”

“Khrab Mom.” Ohm smiled at the lady in white as they walked into a gent’s clothing store.

“Ann, Dream, I am taking Ohm with me,” Remi said to the mother-daughter duo.

“It’s okay Pa. Please carry on. We will be in the next shop. I need to get some accessories for the dresses we just brought.” Dream said as she pulled her mother along with her.

Ohm secretly gave his sister a thumbs-up before following Remi into the t-shirt section.

“Mom, do you think that P’ Ohm is possessed? Or is he an imposter?” Dream asked as she peeked at Ohm who was helping Remi pick out t-shirts with a smile.

“What are you thinking?” Ann flicked her daughter’s forehead. She was a little jealous of how Ohm was treating Remi. But she had to hold it in.

“Just look at P’ Ohm. This is the first time I am seeing him being so friendly with someone outside our family. Even within the family, he doesn’t talk to most of our relatives.”

“Let him be. Didn’t you say that you wanted to get something? Let’s go.” Ann pulled her daughter to the shop next door.

Meanwhile Remi and Ohm.

“Ohm, do you think muffin will like this?” Remi asked as she picked out a few t-shirts.

“I really have no idea what kind of clothes he likes to wear. If it was for Cupcake, it was easy.” Remi sighed.

“Both of them have almost the same sense of style, mom. Most of the time Muffin listens to Cupcake on fashion. After all, Cupcake is an expert when it comes to fashion.” Ohm selected a few t-shirts and showed them to Remi.

“Both of them like to wear oversized t-shirts. Especially Muffin. Almost his whole wardrobe is of oversized clothes.”

“You are right. Let’s take a look at them.”

Remi went on picking pieces of clothes for her sons while Ohm helped her by giving suggestions.

At the billing counter, Ohm noticed a set of clothes that might not fit Remi’s sons.

“Mom, I think you picked the wrong size. I will go exchange it.” Ohm picked up the clothes and was about to talk to the saleswoman when Remi stopped him.

“Please pack these separately,” Remi said to the lady at the billing counter.

After receiving the separate bag of clothes, Remi handed it to Ohm.

“This is for you.”

“For me.” Ohm was a little taken aback by the gesture.

“Yes, for you. You call me mom, that means you are also my luk. How can I leave you out when I get things for the other two?” Remi smiled at Ohm.

Ohm licked his lips feeling a loss of words.

“Why? Now that you have grown up, your mom can’t get you some clothes?” Remi looked at Ohm’s embarrassed expression.

“Thank you, mom.” Ohm smiled.

The duo walked out of the store to go to the next store where Dream and Ann were shopping.

Remi joined them without hesitation, leaving behind Ohm to do his own thing.

That day Ohm finally experience what ‘Shop till you drop’ meant. He vowed to himself that he would never go shopping with women. Especially three of them at the same time.

He felt that the three ladies have emptied the whole mall when he saw the number of shopping bags the assistants were carrying.

“Muffin just texted me that he just got back home. Why don’t you three join us for dinner? I can assure you that my luk’s cooking skills are heavenly.” Remi asked as she took a sip of her mango smoothie.

The four of them were now sitting in the food court to rest after a day full of shopping.

“Maybe next time Remi. Ohm’s dad is waiting for me at home.” Ann declined.
“I have to go back to my dorm as well. But P’ Ohm is free. He can join you.”

Dream said as she got a signal from her brother.

“That’s right mom. I will drive you back.” Ohm offered.

“Then that is decided.” Remi clapped her hands happily.

“Phi, I can’t believe you actually chose your N' Muffin over my baby Fluke. A few days ago, you were claiming him and today you trying to please your childhood sweetheart’s mother. You are such a traitor.” Dream said in a soft voice enough for Ohm to hear.

“Just go back to your dorm and show off your new clothes and accessories to your friends. Don’t think about unnecessary things. I will handle the matter between me and Fluke.” Ohm glanced at her.

“Phi, are you planning on two-timing?” Dream almost screamed.

“What the hell are you thinking? Go drop mom on the way back. I will go with mom Remi.” Ohm lightly pushed his sister towards his mother.

Just like that the group of four splits into two.

✨✨✨
“Ohm, are you free tomorrow?” Remi asked from the passenger seat.

Ohm was driving back to Remi’s place following the GPS directions.

“Khrab Mom. I am free.”

“Then, how about you join me and Muffin tomorrow. I am sure that he will be happy to have you there.” Remi suggested.

“Khrab Mom. I would love to join you two.” Ohm smiled wickedly.

“You should sleep over at our place tonight.”

Ohm was happy to hear the offer. He agreed without hesitation.

Remi was also enthusiastic about having Ohm stay over.