60. Return Victorious

In a huge luxury hall, the crystal chandelier hanging down from the ceiling was shining brightly. The dazzling lights and décor screamed of opulence. It was supposed to be a happy and cheerful occasion. It was. Until half an hour ago.
The current scenario... it was quite the opposite of what was presumed to be happening.

The floor was painted red with the blood from the lifeless bodies of the guests that arrived at the hall to attend the party.

At the centre of the hall, a man dressed in luxurious clothes was crawling backwards, his eyes wide with fear as he incoherently begged for mercy from the figure walking towards him. To the man, the figure in front of him looked like the grim reaper who had come to collect his soul to the depths of hell.

The man’s expression of fear froze when the bullet pierced through his forehead right in the middle. Fresh blood oozed out from the bullet hole as the man fell back.

The tall figure in a black bulletproof vest and uniform placed his gun back after firing the last shot. Other than his sharp eyes, his whole being was covered in black clothing. The black helmet with thermal detective glances along with the black fleece mask hid his face.

His eyes scanned the whole hall making sure that there were no survivors.

He took steady and firm steps forward and grabbed the prism-shaped velvet box that was displayed in the centre of the hall.

Carefully, he opened the lock of the box and checked its contents making sure that the box he was holding was the one he was looking for. He securely closed the box.

Pressing the communicative device placed at his ear he said in a robotic voice that was produced as a result of a voice changer. “TARGET DOWN. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.”

After receiving a positive reply from the other end of the device, he left the hall without turning back. As he climbed the stairs uniform sounds of marching boots were heard behind him in an orderly manner.

Reaching the rooftop, he saw the three helicopters that were waiting for them.
He waited till the whole team of men, who were dressed in a similar fashion as him, to gather on the rooftop.

He gave hand signals to his team, to board the helicopters. He handed the box to one of the team members who was his right-hand man in the team during the progress of the mission.

The man stood by the side, dividing the whole team into two and commanding them to board the first two helicopters and leave.

He mounted the third helicopter, carefully holding the velvet box that was entrusted to him close to his chest.

After making sure that all his team members had boarded the helicopter, the figure held onto the rope ladder that was dropped down from the helicopter hovering over the building with one hand.

The helicopter moved a few kilometres away before a loud boom was heard and the whole building was blown up. Huge layers of smoke and dust filled the area.

✨✨✨

In the Underground Headquarters of RPT
“Congratulations Team Blue Alpha on completing your mission successfully.” A lady in uniform said in a professional tone as she examined the contents of the velvet box.

The lady handed the box to the person who was acting as her assistant who upon receiving the box withdrew from the scene with the lady’s permission.

The team that had flown off from the building that had turned to dust was standing in front of the lady in attention position their chest puffed up and head held high.

The figure, who was apparently the captain of the team was standing in the front facing the lady.

The whole team saluted the lady thanking her.

The lady continued to proceed with the formal procedures that were meant to be done after a team returns from their mission.

After the procedures were done, the team was dismissed to finish their respective duties such as making reports, analyzing the strategy used in the mission etc. except for the captain who was asked to follow her to meet the leaders.

✨✨✨

The captain followed the lady through the dark corridor.

The lady punched in the security code at the entrance before scanning her ID, and fingerprint and doing an iris verification at the security door.

The lady held the door open and motioned the captain to enter the room before closing the door behind him and leaving.

The door was the opening to the leaders’ council hall.

The captain walked forward and saluted the leaders.

The leaders were delighted to see the young captain.

The captain had removed his mask and left his helmet, gloves and bulletproof vest outside before entering the room.

Now he was wearing a simple back uniform that belonged to RPT.

His handsome tanned face was expressionless as he stood in front of the leaders who were praising him for his and his team’s wonderful performance during the mission they completed. He humbly accepted their praises without a hint of pride.

The mission was supposed to be SSS ranked mission, which was of high difficulty and very risky.

The team had managed to complete the mission successfully in less than half the time leaders had anticipated them to do. This left the leaders speechless.

“It is a shame that a young talented man like you is not interested in continuing your service here despite all the benefits you are receiving.” Leader A joked, his giant belly shaking as he laughed.

“I agree. It is really our loss.” Leader B said chuckling.

The captain calmly reacted to their words.

The meeting was dismissed after the captain was awarded the honorary badge for successfully leading his team into completing the mission without many injuries or material losses. The honorary badge meant a raise in his rank.

The captain joined his hands and bowed to the leaders thanking them for the honour. He marched out of the room in perfect military style.

✨✨✨

The private plane landed in the private airport situated on the outskirts of Bangkok city.

Ohm got off the plane wearing a white loose sweatshirt and black comfortable joggers.

He stretched himself taking a deep breath of the air of his motherland.

He slung his travel bag over his shoulder and put on his shades as he made his way towards his car.

Settling in the driver’s seat, Ohm whistled a tone. He was in a good mood.
Who wouldn’t be? He had a big reason behind his cheerful smile.

He was back.

He was back in his motherland after a full three and a half months.

No one knew of his return, not even his family. He was sure that no one would be expecting him to return this quick.

His arrival was kept a secret because he wanted to surprise everyone. Especially one person in particular.