Chapter 1

"2016.7.17, night.

    The third day we arrived in the waters near Iceland.

    Rhine conducted a radar search in the captain's cabin, and there is still no whereabouts of the mermaid. I doubt whether the mermaid can survive in such a cold water temperature, but Rhine Insist that he found traces of mermaids here last year.

    According to the known records, mermaids belong to tropical creatures, but I don't want to let go of hope. I am so eager to see real mermaids.

    I hope, I The nickname can continue the great biologist's unfinished exploration of this mysterious creature."

    I wrote in my diary, and looked at the small round window of the ship's cabin in a strange way.

    It was dark and gloomy outside, and I could only see the warm reflection of the desk lamp on the glass of the window, and my thin outline in the reflection. With black hair, black eyes, and an extremely pale face, he looks like a drug overdose addict.

    I smiled. Rhine said I was paranoid sometimes, and maybe I was.

    As I wrote this sentence, the tip of the pen suddenly scratched the paper deeply because of a sudden restlessness. At this moment, there was a burst of exclamation from outside—— "Desaro,

    my little Wallace Sergeant! Come out quickly, there is something underwater!"

    My hand trembled suddenly, my body reacted faster than my mind, and I rushed to the captain's cabin with a stride, and happened to collide with Rhine who came out. He opened his arms and hugged me fiercely, pointed at the deep sea camera monitor screen and said excitedly: "Wallace, look, I said there are mermaids here, you should have believed me!" I opened my eyes wide and focused on The moving shadow on the screen lost its breath for a moment. It was an incomparably clear streamlined outline, clearly different from sharks and dolphins in that there were no fins on both sides of his upper body, but a pair of two limbs that were spread out like humans.

It was, indeed, a mermaid.

    "Quick... cast the net quickly! Rhine, what are you waiting for!"

    I almost jumped up as if I had just woken up from a dream, and punched Rhine's chest, but he grabbed my wrist and laughed: "You think I'm with you?" You are as dull as you? This mermaid has been confused by our shark-catching scent, otherwise, why don’t you think it escapes?” “

    You bastard!”

    I rushed to the deck at lightning speed and saw that the sailors on the boat really changed. The good gear has already dived, and the net is cast under the water. There are luminous buoys on the fishing net, and when they are scattered on the sea, they are like stars scattered on the sky. They submerged under the undulating sea surface as the sailors dived, and my heart was also ups and downs, and my nerves were tense as if they were oppressed by water pressure.

    This will be one of the most astonishing discoveries in the history of human biology.

    Thinking of this, I couldn't help but stiffen my back, stood on tiptoe and stepped on the mast, wishing I could dive down with those sailors and bring that mermaid up.

    "Wallace, relax a little~ don't fall into the water!"

    Rhine smirked behind him, my calf tightened and was caught by his arm, and I was so scared that I almost accepted his joke , the body fell forward, and he quickly grabbed the back of the neck with his eyes and hands, and the two of them fell on the deck all at once. My ass was almost pressed against his face. Fortunately, my weight is relatively light, otherwise his proud nose bridge would have been completely broken.