Chapter 25

I stumbled and ran out of the elevator back to the land. It was pouring rain outside, and the sky above my head was covered with dark clouds, just like my mood at the moment. I ran wildly in the rain, and came to the beach unknowingly.

    I knelt down on a bare reef beach, propped up my trembling arms, and looked at the boundless sea in despair. The boundary between the sea and the sky in the distance was blurred in a gray haze, and my sight was also trapped in this place. In a terrible trap. I suddenly remembered "The Truman Show". At this moment, I am so pitiful and pitiful like the protagonist. I devote myself to research, but I turn my life into a wonderful show!

    True world...

    what is true and what is false in this world. Everything I believed in, has been teased so thoroughly.

    I raised my head and let the rain wash over my face. I suddenly wanted to laugh, and I really laughed out loud, but the tears flowed down my cheeks again, blending with the rain. My brain is chaotic like the surface of the sea in a storm, and the high tide hits my ankles. An absurd idea rises from the bottom of my heart, dragging me into the bottom of the sea like a vortex—— Is the head a completely different new world like the one in Truman's world? Am I living in a fake studio?

    Is it possible that as long as I swim to the other side of the sea like Truman and tear through the haze that was forged by a layer of curtain, I can completely escape from this nightmare?

    By coincidence, I stepped into the crotch-deep water with my legs open, and moved step by step into the icy cold sea.

    The seawater soaked through my clothes, and slowly submerged my waist and abdomen as I went deeper. At this moment, a voice suddenly sounded in the depths of my mind: Desharow... come back... come back... come to me... that

    is When Agares called, my body froze as if it had suddenly froze. I didn't believe that he could control my subconscious mind, so I desperately resisted with my self-consciousness, and simply plunged into the sea water. The sea water rushed into my nasal cavity in an instant.

    Ha, it's not bad to die like this... Maybe it's just a nightmare...

    I was thinking in confusion, but after only persisting in the water for a few seconds, my strong desire to survive made me raise my head instinctively, violently coughing out the seawater that choked into my mouth. I realized that I didn't want to die at all, or that I wasn't suicidal at all. At this moment, I heard a few footsteps wading in the water behind me, and when I turned around, I saw a familiar figure plunged into the water quickly, swam up to me with a thump, stretched out his hand and dragged me out When I got into the water, I staggered a little, and my arm was tightly grabbed by the person who came.

    I coughed violently, knelt down on the beach, strangled my neck and took a big gulp of air. Rhine's deafening roar came from above my head: "Are you crazy, do you want to commit suicide Desaro!!" I shook     desperately Coughing and panting, the back was pulled tightly, and the whole person was pressed into his arms by Rhine. I subconsciously pushed him, and the whole person fell down on the beach with a hoarse throat: "I don't want to die...I don't want to die, I just want to escape from here, and I'm so dizzy."     Standing there, Rhine suddenly fell silent, without saying a word.     I suddenly realized that maybe Rhine had also seen what happened in the laboratory, and immediately subconsciously curled up my knees, buried my head deeply on my knees, and covered my face with my elbows. How much I wish I could become a hermit crab at this moment, hiding in a hard shell, without facing anyone or anything, as long as I close myself, everything can be regarded as never happened.     But at this moment, I can only curl up in my arms, let the wind and rain break, and I don't even have a chance to be alone.     "I warned you, Desaro." Rhine's voice suppressed remorse and unwillingness, "At that time, maybe you can..." "     What's the use of it!" I felt as if I had been stabbed hard by a needle, He suddenly stood up and grabbed his collar, "How could I have time at that time, yes, I was so stupid that I didn't realize that this was a conspiracy! Rhine, this voyage is not for my graduation research project at all. No? Everything... everything was planned long ago. When you chose me from among the dozens of students who chose you as a tutor, you planned it out, right? Why, why did you involve me in this incident? In the conspiracy, are you using me as bait to catch mermaids?! Disgusting liar, scum of academia!"