Chapter 45

When I approached the outer edge of the bath-like ruins, I realized that the stone walls were two meters high, and I couldn't even see the face of Agares. I had to walk more than ten meters around the stone wall before I found a gap for me to climb up. The bottom is not a swamp, but sparkling water, with some lily pad-like plants floating on it, not as visible as a lake, and I couldn't even find where Agares was at once.

    I sat down on the stone wall, shook the grilled fish in my hand, and called like a dolphin in an aquarium: "Hey, I'm here to thank you for your help just now. If you don't come out, I'll go back!

    " I was going to stand up. To be honest, I didn't really want Agares to appear immediately, so that I would have a reason to leave quickly, but I had a hunch that was impossible. At this moment, I suddenly saw a webbed claw sticking out from under the floating weeds, grabbing my ankle dangling on the pool, and that gloomy and evil face floated up from the thick shadows and approached. my knees.

    Although I was mentally prepared, I still shrank my body instinctively. I almost lost my balance and fell backwards, but my waist tightened immediately, and I leaned forward again. on the chest. I raised my head, and my lips brushed against the high bridge of the nose on the face that was close at hand, and I fell straight into the bottom of my unfathomable eyes, and my breath was drowned.

    "Desaro? Where are you? I can't see you!"

    Rafael's shout not far away woke me up suddenly. I immediately pushed Agares, sat down again, and raised my hands The grilled fish responded: "I'm here, don't worry, I'm feeding him!"

    "Feeding..." Agares repeated the word in a low voice, staring at me in confusion, raising his eyebrows, as if I don't understand the meaning of this word. Indeed, they are all creatures used to hunting by themselves, how could they understand the meaning of this behavior! Also, I actually find it somewhat offensive to feed Agares because he may or may not have been my father or grandpa.

    "Uh..." I shook the grilled fish in my hand, grabbed his webbed claws, tried to stuff the fork into his palm, and explained: "That's... this is for you to eat, it's our food, it's Can you eat cooked food that has been roasted over fire?"

    Agares lowered his eyelids, stared at the grilled fish in my hand, leaned up to sniff it, and frowned. I don’t know if the smell of the special Russian grilled material brought by Rafael is suitable for the taste of the mermaid. In short, I love it all year round, and I can’t get tired of eating it. Thanks to it, I solved the problem of food taste during the long voyage. .

    If Agares doesn't eat it, then this grilled fish will be mine. I stared at the delicacy in my hand and swallowed a mouthful of saliva.

    I fully expected that he would dislike him and refuse to eat, but unexpectedly, he grabbed my wrist with his webbed claws, licked a few mouthfuls, opened his mouth and bit off a large piece of fish meat, even ignoring the fishbone. Swallowing, eating like a wolf, I couldn't help worrying that he would swallow the fork in one gulp, so I quickly pulled back and pulled half of the fish out of his mouth, "Hey, hey! The fork That's not how you use it, don't eat it with the tableware!"

    Agares licked his lips with a mouth full of oil, and showed his fangs in dissatisfaction, staring at the grilled fish that was only half in my hand, showing for the first time Looking at his appearance in a somewhat embarrassed manner, I couldn't help laughing out loud, leaning back and forth in laughter, the grilled fish in my hand almost fell out unsteadily.

    But the protagonist of this funny scene didn't seem to be aware of his funnyness at all. He just raised his eyelids leisurely, as indifferently as he looked at a child playing tricks, and the corner of his mouth curled up a subtle arc, as if he was planning some kind of revenge My machinations.