Chapter 60

"Ah!" I yelled in shock, the picture in front of me suddenly distorted, and disappeared into the burning door like a whirlpool, sucking my body in, turning the surroundings into darkness.

    My body was floating in the air, becoming extremely light, fluttering like a feather. Gradually, my eyes brightened up, I thought I would return to reality, and then when my eyes were covered by the light, I couldn't help being surprised.

    I was floating on the ceiling of a baby room, like a ghost, and I saw a little black-haired baby lying quietly in the cradle right under me. He looked sickly pale and weak, with The infusion tube looked like it was about to die, but a pair of silver-gray eyes were wide open, looking up curiously. At first I thought he was looking at me, and even waved his hand foolishly to greet him, but he ignored me and turned his head to the side. I realized he was looking at the man coming in from a side door.

    It was an old man with white hair. I looked down at him, and a very strange feeling rose in my heart. When he approached the baby and stretched out his palm to gently stroke his forehead, I recognized it at once—this person was my grandpa.

    And, the mermaid who left with Agareth's "spore" in front of the "door" just now, isn't that profile of the mermaid also the younger him? The scene I saw at that time was when he promised the leader there, that is, Agares, to pay a certain price so that he could return to Earth. As proof of this "contract", Agares let him take away his genes.

    But what is going on here, how could my grandpa be a mermaid? Could it be that he was assimilated by the mermaid that took him away, and when he returned to the real world for some reason, the genes were recombined again through some method, thus turning back into a human again?

    I thought about all the logic and connections in disbelief, but I saw my grandfather took out a small test tube from his pocket, which contained some liquid with a slight blue halo, but after the tube was unscrewed the plug At that moment, those liquids flowed out of the glass mouth in an instant, floating like a small cloud of smoke, and finally condensed together to form a small jellyfish-shaped light cluster——Agares’s "spore".

    My grandpa looked down at the little baby, and gently lifted off the quilt that wrapped him. At that moment, my whole body was shocked, and I suddenly realized that the baby was "me".

    The reason why I didn't immediately realize that it was me was because I knew I didn't have a pair of silver-gray eyes, but when I saw the change in the pupils of my eyes when the spores attached to my chest, I felt Respond in an instant. The gene carried by Agares' "spore" invaded my body, and it changed some parts of my DNA strands, like some kind of cellular virus, which has been imprinted with him since then.

    So he said "I belong to him", because my grandfather dedicated me to Agares in this way, just like the king and his wife who gave the unlucky little princess to the witch in the fairy tale, although this description is a bit ridiculous, But I don't find it funny at all.

    I was just shocked and angry. Because Agares and my grandfather have no right to decide my fate, no matter what kind of deal or contract they have reached between them, they can't use my life as a bargaining chip and bet! And I suddenly thought of an even more unbelievable thing—how were these scenes recorded by Agares? Could it be that he has been spying on me secretly through some means since the moment I was born? Or is it my grandfather who recorded all this and gave it to him? Either way, it's hard for me to accept.     "Hey... little guy..." At this moment, I suddenly heard my grandpa whisper, he lowered his head, looked at "me" kindly, and fiddled with my little finger with his generous palm, letting me gently Clenched his index finger, "I'm sorry, my lovely little Deer, but mermaid genes can save your life," I heard my grandpa's voice hoarse and helpless, "I hope you don't hate me when you know this secret in the future I…"