Chapter 3: Adventure Exploration

I approached the top of the cylindrical water tank step by step. My steps were deliberately light. Even when I walked to the side of the mermaid, it didn’t seem to respond. It still leaned against the column wall quietly, and seemed to be asleep without any warning. . Although, we are only one step away through a layer of glass.

    I carefully kept my steps and movements, because such a stillness is very convenient for me to record and observe. I put the fluorescent stick aside, turned on the night vision mode of the DV, and leaned against the outer wall of the water tank, and started to take pictures of it from different angles, from the tail to the head. In the dark water, the mermaid's streamlined long tail is like a boa constrictor entangled with a cluster of aquatic plants, and the three wing-shaped tail fins overlap in one place like black smoke, like a dense fog sprayed by a squid.

    I can't help but imagine that when it appears in the deep sea, it must be as creepy and terrifying as a shadow from hell. If you encounter it while diving, it must be quite a frightening thing.

    It is impossible to accurately measure the length of its lower body, but it can only be judged by visual inspection that it is about 2 meters long. With the upper body included, its body shape is roughly comparable to that of an adult tiger shark. I don't know if its attack power is the same.

    Thinking of this, I adjusted the camera angle and followed its tail upwards, and the back of the mermaid appeared in the camera. When I was on the deck, I just glanced at it and felt that its upper body was no different from that of a human being. At this time, after careful observation, I found that there was a layer of glowing substance on the skin of the mermaid, just like the skin of the beluga whale I had seen before. The quality of water, a hazy halo in the water color, I felt very illusory for a while.

    It's not just the illusory existence of the mermaid, but I also have doubts about the scene here and now, and I have the illusion of being in a dream.

    Are mermaids creatures of this world? Is there another planet we don't know about under the deep ocean?

    I shook my head, forcing my thoughts to return to rationality from emotional reverie. Damn, why would you think about this? If Rhine heard my thoughts at this moment, she might laugh at me again for pestering myself with ridiculous sophistry.

    Doesn't the mermaid really exist in front of my eyes, what are you thinking about!

    Laughing at myself mentally, I refocus my gaze on his skin. This must be a kind of protective mucous membrane, because of this, the mermaid will not have ugly wrinkles and become extremely fragile when soaked for a long time like a human being underwater. Their skin looks smooth, perhaps as tough as shark skin.

    Thinking like this, I couldn't help feeling an urge to touch the mermaid's skin with my own hands. At this time, I suddenly found a strange detail in the DV lens.

There was a large wound on the merman's strong and slender arm, which did not bleed, and the skin was turned outward, revealing the white muscles inside, leaving some hideous tooth marks, which seemed to be caused by sharks.

    My nerves tensed immediately: Damn it, why didn't I notice it earlier, I may be very weak, and I was given anesthesia injection, no wonder it has been so quiet!

    At this moment, I couldn't help but be thankful that I carried the medicine box, quickly put away the DV, and climbed towards the top cover of the water column. Maybe it was because I was making too much noise, at the same time, out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of the shadow below twisting, and quietly floated up with me.

    The mermaid is right under my feet. This fact made me subconsciously take a deep breath and look down.

    I am standing on the semi-circular metal platform where the breeder feeds, and I can see the changing waves through the small holes, but I can't see where the mermaid is.