Chapter 40

Agares!

    The distant voice sounded chaotic in the sea, but it was like an explosion in my chaotic mind. I immediately struggled to kick off the arms that were trying to grab my ankles, waved my hands to part the water, and tried my best to go upstream.

    The moment I came out of the water, I opened my mouth wide and took a deep breath, covered my throat and coughed violently a few times, carelessly pulling away the hair sticking to my face. I saw faint light shining from the top of my head, mottled spots of light falling on the water surface, and countless pairs of gloomy pupils looming in the shadows.

    Frightened, I splashed the water and leaned against the rock wall behind me, not daring to breathe. However, those mermaids also seemed to be afraid of something, they didn't directly surround them, they swallowed eagerly, but they continued to swim towards the entrance of the dark cave where I was dragged into, like a pious courtier He also lowered his head, as if welcoming the arrival of a monarch.

    Agares' humming sound was getting closer and closer, and my heartbeat became more and more violent as if being bumped by waves. I fumbled for the rock wall beside me and began to climb up. The attention of the mermaids seemed to be caught by Agares. I was attracted by his tweets and didn't notice my behavior. However, just as Agares' voice gradually approached the entrance of the cave, I felt my ankle tightened suddenly. When I lowered my head, I saw a dark red shadow passing by below. I fell back into the water, and then I was tightly strangled by a flexible and powerful arm like spider silk around my waist, pulling me out of the water again.

    I was gasping for breath because of this unexpected turn of events, my nerves trembled as if they were suddenly tightened and loosened, and my eyes glanced at the pair of wet pale webbed claws on my waist. I knew that the guy who captured me in mid-air must be That creepy red-haired mermaid. I suddenly discovered that not all the mermaids made a gesture of fear of Agares, and some of them surrounded the red-haired mermaid who was holding me hostage, surrounded by stars like the moon, and gathered in the dark cave. The wave that greeted Agares at the entrance was comparable.

    I suddenly realized that I was likely to be involved in the battle for the leader of this beast group. The reason why this red-haired mermaid wanted to compete for me might not be because I interested him, but because he somehow got involved. Knowing that I am Agares' trophy, he wants to challenge Agares' status and authority by capturing me!

    "Fuck! Let me go!" I struggled hard, using my hands to try my best to pinch the arms around my waist, but the mermaid's webbed claws were as firm as steel pliers, and seemed to suppress my resistance, then The sharp nails on the webbed claws have pierced through my clothes and scratched into my flesh. It is conceivable that as long as I struggle harder, it may be my abdomen that is scratched.

    hateful! I gritted my teeth, the sharp pain forced me to temporarily give up wrestling with the red-haired mermaid, but as soon as I stopped struggling, the webbed claws tore open my clothes and stretched along my abdomen to the cuff of my trousers .

    "No!" I yelled in shock, trying to stop the devil's claws attacking my crotch, but a sharp pain came from my waist immediately, and a bright red thread dripped down my abdomen. There was a curse-like whisper in my ear that I couldn't understand.

    I could tell that it was a warning signal. This mermaid didn't care about my life. I had no doubt that he would disembowel me and show Agares out of impatience. And at this time, I even noticed that there was a terrible gap on the tail of this red-haired mermaid protruding from the water, and a large piece of scales disappeared, exposing the white muscles underneath. It is conceivable that this was an injury suffered in the fierce confrontation with Agares. He wants revenge, and he sees me as the opening to defeat Agares.