Chapter 116 Published Extra Story 01 Five Years Later (1)

Eighty-five years in the seventieth century of Atlantis, five years have passed since the mermaid war, and fifty years have passed in the human world.

    Da Vinci's whereabouts and life and death have always been a deep knot in my heart, and a lingering sense of guilt lingers in my heart.

    In this year, I finally implemented the plan to sneak out of the tunnel. With the help of Xuecun and a human friend who still keeps in touch with him, I found the records of the navy who participated in the mermaid station fifty years ago, and learned of Da Vinci's whereabouts. He was lucky enough to escape from the sea, returned to the army, and retired after receiving certain compensation. The last information about him in the database shows that he went to South America, working alone in an observatory near the mouth of the Amazon River (records show that he suffered from severe social phobia).

    I clenched the long-lost pen in my hand, the pen tip paused in my crooked handwriting, changed a line, and wrote the next line: Agares, don't be angry, I

    swear to the brood, as long as you can follow The address recorded in this book, go secretly to see if Da Wenxi is safe and sound, and I will return to you immediately. I can't be sure if he's still there fifty years from now, or even alive, but he's certainly an octogenarian now, and may have spent his life in this way with painful memories.

    As my former best friend, no matter whether he denies me or not, I have enough reasons to look for and visit him.

    You understand me right, Agares?

    I tore off the second half of this sentence, put it into an empty wine bottle on the speedboat, sealed it with a wine cork, and threw it into the rolling waves. Then I put away the diary and filled it with the speed of the speedboat, watching the wine bottle gradually being swallowed by the waves of the sea. Even though the chances of Agares receiving my bottle were slim, I felt a little more at ease.

    The line of sight follows the flocks of seagulls crossing the sky to the distant horizon, and the sound of ethereal birdsong is heard. The tranquility of nature makes the indescribable sense of loneliness as if the sea breeze gathers from all directions, prompting uncontrollable thoughts and emotions. The tide rises from the bottom of my heart little by little, as strong as it penetrates into the bone marrow, making it difficult to breathe.

    What's going on here?

    It has only been four days since I came out of Atlantis, counting the time there, about ten hours, and I started to miss Agares. I miss his bewitching whispers, his gentle caress and the remaining warmth after each lingering. I looked at the undulating sea and felt a little absent-minded, as if a familiar black shadow was about to emerge from my sleep in the next moment. I asked Xuecun to say hello for me, wondering if Agares would pass through first, and if he would be furious at my leaving without saying goodbye.

    But Xiaobie is better than a newlywed, so there is nothing wrong with being separated for a short time. Besides, it's been a long time since I've experienced this feeling of freedom by myself, and it's been a long time since I've been back on the surface of the earth, which is completely different from Atlantis.

    As night fell, I pulled into a nearby river mouth.

    The forests on both sides of the river are dense and continuous, and in the night, they are like black clouds and haze shrouding the surroundings, and they rustle when the wind blows. This place is sparsely populated, and my speedboat was also found from a nearby lighthouse. It was left there, and the owner was nowhere to be found.

    I figured maybe it belonged or had belonged to Darcy, who in the past, perhaps, sailed into these waters alone, as I did now. He is holding a DV and a diary (I saw some handwriting similar to Portuguese or Spanish in the first half of the diary, recording his footprints and what he saw and heard here, drinking in his free time, tired at night, I just lay on this speedboat, drifting with the current, looking at the night sky, listening to the singing of fish, birds and insects in the jungle.