Chapter 51

"Desharow...Desharow!"

    Agares roared my name, his voice was like rolling thunder, and the place he passed was like a tornado passing by, even the leaves around me rustled. Perhaps because he realized that roaring would only scare me away, he suddenly calmed down, raised his slender and powerful neck, narrowed his narrow eyes, as if he was sniffing every scent in the wind, trying to Inside tell my direction.

    I was so nervous lying in the shadows, God knows how much I wanted to bury my whole body in the mud. I can't tell if he will smell me, maybe, it's just a matter of time. I wish I had better luck. It is conceivable how angry Agares is. He may just go out to look for food, or just go to the sea to solve his internal emergency. When he comes back, he will find that I have escaped and taken away his belongings! If I were caught by him, I could think on my toes to know how he would punish me. I can never let him have any physical contact with me again!

    At this moment, I suddenly felt a tingling pain in my ankle, and I looked down—oh my God, three long leeches were trying to penetrate into the skin of my calf, and one of them had penetrated half its head, that kind of pain Biting like an awl piercing flesh. I almost want to jump up and shake these disgusting things out of the way, but reason and experience stop me. If I move now, even if it is an extremely trivial movement, Agares will notice it, and the leeches need special methods to get rid of them, even if I jump up now, it will not have any substantial effect.

    I covered my mouth and nose, endured the pain and remained motionless, staring at Agares not far away with all my attention. He turned his head and sniffed the sea breeze, but he didn't seem to recognize my scent. His rock-like chest heaved violently with excitement, and suddenly arched his back, and his long tail swept across a tree like lightning. As soon as it hit the ground, it was cut off with a snap, and the sharp tail fin slid across the air, making a frightening sound of breaking wind. It almost brushed the top of my head and plunged into the soil, which made me shiver in fright.

    God help him not to find me! I buried my face in my arms to suppress my shaky breathing. Agares' low and hoarse cry came from the air——

    "Desharow, you can not leave me! You will change...you will need me!"

    (You can't leave, you will change...you will need me)

    My muscles tensed even more. The pain from the leeches burrowing into the flesh clearly pierced deep in my nerves, making my calf twitch. I bit my arm, still motionless, perspiring profusely.

    One minute, two minutes, three minutes...

    I meditated in my heart, and suddenly felt that I had returned to the years of military training, prostrated on the hot concrete floor under the scorching sun, and Agares was my strict instructor. But damn it, if the instructor finds out that I am unruly, I will be beaten and kicked at most. If Agares finds out, I will never escape his palm and this mermaid island for the rest of my life!

    Maybe my persistence played a role. When I counted to the tenth minute, the movement of Agares gradually faded away. I didn't dare to relax my vigilance, so I waited for a while before getting up, and immediately went to check the ankle. Good man, these three leeches have already sucked my blood, and their translucent belly is hanging on my skin, and they are still trying to get inside!     I hurriedly took off my pants and soaked in urine, caught the urine with my hands and wiped it on my calf. It's a bit dirty to do, but there's no other way right now, the salt in the urine can irritate the leeches. The moment my hands touched these vampires, they writhed as if they had been scalded, and soon curled up and fell to the ground, where I crushed them to death with an iron anchor.     I don't know how many leeches are around. Judging by my biology, this area is a swamp. I can't stay here any longer. Back to the big tree I just selected, I climbed up with an iron anchor, sat on a tall and thick branch, and opened the package. Fortunately, the bottle of wine used for disinfection was not broken. After unscrewing the bottle cap, I poured the wine on my legs, wiped the bloody mouth bitten by the leeches, performed a simple disinfection treatment, and wrapped it with a cloth.     In fact, there is no need to bandage such a small wound, but the blood will spread my smell, allowing Agares to quickly find my trace. So even if the mud on my body is very uncomfortable, I dare not get rid of it.