Chapter 7

I blinked my eyes in disbelief, and the mark disappeared again, which made me suspect that I was hallucinating, so I went closer to check the window carefully, and wiped the cold glass. There is indeed nothing there, only intertwined rain marks.

    I'm probably really overtired.

    I rubbed my forehead and watched the wind and rain outside the window intensify. I am very clear that the best situation in this weather is to stay indoors. Going out will not help the sailors, and it will only increase the risk of falling into the sea. At this time, my mind was still in a dream, and I didn't have any energy to think about other things. I lay down on the bed and fell into a deep sleep.

    I fell asleep for a while, and was suddenly woken up by a gust of clammy cold wind. When I opened my eyes, I found that the cabin was gloomy, and the sky was gloomy like those evenings when Moscow was on the verge of the polar night. It was dark red, as if soaked in blood. The window in front of the desk opened at some point, and the bitter sea breeze blew into the room.

    I sneezed, got up quickly and closed the window, and subconsciously looked up at the luminous clock on the wall above my head.

    Only half an hour has passed, how come the weather has become like this?

    I thought strangely, and turned on the lamp on the table. The reflected light was reflected on the glass surface of the clock. My eyes glanced back inadvertently, but they were fixed there as if they were stuck.

    The glass clock face reflects the position behind me. In the shadow behind the door, there is a black shadow hidden, and two faint lights are looming.

    My adrenaline surged to the limit in an instant, and my hair bones stood up.

    The mermaid is actually in my house.

    My breath seemed to be lost, and my body seemed to be glued in place. I could only hear the mermaid's whisper from the throat getting closer and closer. The desk lamp flickered a few times and made a hissing sound. Sinking back into the darkness again, a damp smell was already close at hand.

    "De... sah... row..."

    The syllable seemed to be calling my original life, and a wet webbed claw rested on my shoulder. I shuddered suddenly, my body was faster than my mind, I jumped up while holding on to the table, and at an agility I never had before, I pushed open the window and flipped onto the deck outside.

    "Guys! Help! Come on!"

    I stumbled and ran in the rain and fog enough to blind my sight, but I didn't see a trace of a sailor, and even Rhine disappeared, and the dim light in the captain's cabin flickered on and off. , very strange, I seem to be on a ghost ship, and I am the only one in the huge three-story cabin.

    And, of course, the ghostly mermaid.

    "De...sah...Row..."

    The mermaid's low voice like a curse came through the wind and rain, chasing after my hearing like a shadow. I'm sure he really called my name. How did he know, my goodness!

    Although the mermaid didn't seem to have any intention of hurting me before, in this situation, I couldn't help but feel fear. Facing a mermaid injected with anesthesia is completely different from a mermaid moving freely on land! I must get a tranquilizer gun immediately to avoid possible attacks by the mermaid, let alone let him go back into the sea.

I tried my best to stabilize my pace on the shaky deck, rushed straight towards the captain's cabin, and climbed up the steps leading to the second-floor cabin, but in a panic, my foot slipped and I fell down out of control! But at the next moment, the expected pain did not come, I only felt a sudden wind blowing behind me, some resistance blocked my back, my waist was engulfed, and my body was suspended in the air, but it was only a second, and then Pressed against a long, thick, slippery, scaly thing.