Chapter 31

I looked at the sea surface through the direction of the crack, and I saw the surrounding seas flying very low like dark clouds, so low that they were close to the sea surface, flying in groups in the direction of the ship, like a team Like a well-trained plane.

    There is absolutely no reason for a pirate ship to follow a flock of birds, which rely on magnetic fields for orientation. The only explanation for this incredible phenomenon is that the ship has a magnetic force stronger than the natural magnetic field, which not only affects the flight of birds, but also changes the course of the ship.

    Thinking of what Agares said just now, I stared at his sharp side face in disbelief. It was really hard to believe that the mermaid possessed such unreasonable power, which was completely beyond my imagination: "This, this is What did you do..." I swallowed dryly, "Where are you taking us?"

    Agares didn't respond to me immediately, his long eyelashes drooped, and his eyes seemed to disappear into the unfathomable depth of clouds , arrived at the end of the distant sea, and sank deeply into the endless abyss of the sea, as if immersed in the memories of the past. After a long time, he murmured in a low voice: "Lemegeton..."

    I was shocked, and my whole body suddenly became excited.

    I've heard the word before, and it's even familiar. This is an island that does not exist in legends, but I have always believed in its existence, and have consulted a lot of information on it.

    I guess it is the part of the island of ancient ruins left by the sunken Atlantis on the sea, but I have never been to that place, and I have no way to find evidence to support my idea, and my guess is just a guess.

    It all started when I was just beginning the preliminary stages of the Mermaid research project, when I visited Dr. Winograd, a scientist who had been on a nuclear bomb hunting mission with a Soviet probe many years earlier.

    He once published a memoir in a newspaper, saying that during their nuclear bomb search mission, they happened to catch a mermaid under the sea near an island, and managed to interview it, and obtained the language civilization of this mermaid through a special way of communication. From the conclusion of the lost Atlantis.

    I clearly remember Dr. Winograd telling me that the island where the mermaids live is called "Lemegeton" by them.

    It is a floating island that will only appear on the sea during special periods. After only a few days of turning back, this island disappears without a trace like a mirage on the sea. And the mermaid also brought their precious video, and a crew member on board, disappeared mysteriously together, as if they had never appeared before.

    Dr. Winogray was devastated by this incident, and this memoir was further reduced to a false report.

    Among the few students who interviewed him at that time, I was the only one who firmly believed in the memories he told, and studied the method of tracking mermaids according to his instructions. This was also one of the prerequisites for me to be recognized by Rhine.

    "Lemegeton...Lemegeton!"

    I whispered, my whole body was enveloped by a burst of ecstasy, I felt as lucky as being blessed by the heavens, and for a moment I forgot what kind of situation I was in, until Agares got close to my face, I suddenly woke up.

    There was a dark light of tension and excitement in his eyes, and the webbed claws caressed my cheek as if stroking a precious collection. I subconsciously tried to turn my head away, but I was kissed by Agares' lips, and a curse-like whisper overflowed from his mouth: "You will like Lemegeton...but, Be careful...do not leave me...cause you are so delicious…”