Chapter 100

[October 2, 1984.

    Today is the 341st day of the Third World War, and I, Dessaro from the UK, officially joined the NATO alliance naval fleet on the first day. This is truly a memorable day, and I know what awaits me will be tough challenges.

    I've seen the horrific destructive power of those merfolk, but I swear I'm not afraid.

    From tomorrow, I will follow the famous "Duke" warship to the English Channel to implement a naval blockade. God knows how excited I am! ]

    I involuntarily clenched the pen in my hand, raised my head and looked out of the window, looking forward to the behemoth moored on the sea not far away. Ah, that's the coolest destroyer I've ever seen! Its entire body was painted black to facilitate nighttime combat. The hull presented a graceful and slender streamlined shape. The command tower stood tall at the bow, looking like a narwhal with its back sticking out of the sea. I can imagine how mighty it is to ride the wind and waves in the dangerous sea where there are people and fish.

    [Will you bless me, my dear grandpa? I...]

    "Apprentice sailors and first-class sailors are assembled!"

    A piercing shout suddenly sounded from the loudspeaker above my head, I hurriedly closed the diary, quickly put on my boots and ran out with everyone, As the flow of people rushed to the high platform of the harbor, they lined up in a well-trained line before our non-commissioned officers came. Standing side-by-side with these soon-to-be comrades-in-arms, I felt like I might truly be the youngest member of the entire Marine Corps. Compared with these tall guys, I am too small, although my height is not short for my fourteen-year-old peers.

    I stand on tiptoe a little bit, stand extremely straight, and hold my chin high so as not to be looked down upon by others.

    However, the hollow of my leg was suddenly kicked heavily. I fell to my knees and subconsciously turned my head, only to see a man dressed as a non-commissioned officer standing behind me. The blue eyes hidden under the shadow of the brim of the hat are looking down at me playfully. His expression seemed to be looking at some interesting and useless little pet, and his voice suddenly raised: "Standing on tiptoe can't hide the fact that you are a brat, recruit, stand up straight with your legs, do you hear me! "

    Yes! Non-commissioned officer!"

    This attitude kind of irritated me. I saluted him with a snap, shouted very loudly, and stood up enduring the pain.

    He walked around to me, looking down at my face and body. His eyes lingered on my collar, giving me goosebumps, when he suddenly laughed, "You'd be a good commando."

    Commando? My nerves jumped with excitement, but I was really puzzled by this soldier's strange attitude. He was mocking me as if he had something to say.

    So I pursed my lips, looked straight into his eyes, and replied loudly with a cold eyebrow: "Yes, I will, sergeant, I will never let you down!" I'm sure he was obviously startled by my

    roar Jumped, because he took a step back subconsciously, touched his ears, frowned and looked at me, but said nothing. I knew he couldn't have an attack, and I couldn't help feeling gloating in my heart.

    "Lieutenant Rhine! Are all the recruits here?" The

    clear female voice followed the clang of military boots from far to near, and a tall blond non-commissioned officer walked in front of us.

    She is so beautiful. I was almost dumbfounded looking at her face, and the guys around me also became agitated because of this, and the whole queue didn't stand so neatly. But I didn't dare to move, I stood like a statue, because before I joined the army, I heard that this beautiful colonel named Shakala was famously strict in inspecting recruits, if any unlucky person let her If you don't like it, you may have to pack your bags and leave the next day.