Chapter 52

"Are you sure there was someone here just now?"

    "Yes, Colonel, I heard someone's voice just now, it seems... It seems to be Desaro!"

    My nerves were tense for a while, because it was the voice of Rhine and Shakal. I shrunk in the shadows, stuck my back against the big tree and stretched out my head. I saw the two of them appearing next to a pile of stone pillars on the opposite side, only ten meters away from me. If they got closer, they would hear my uncontrollable heavy gasp. I tightly covered my mouth and nose, not daring to move, my eardrums were pounding with my chaotic heartbeat, my whole body was trembling due to intense dryness, I just hoped that they would not hear such tiny noises.

    "He must still be around here." Rhine continued. He turned his head to inspect, raised his flashlight and shot around, and approached me. I shrank back and hid myself deeper. My heart was tightened. He clenched it into a ball and hung it in his throat, and when he was about to push away the bushes in front of me, Shakara let out a soft drink.

    "Hey, don't look for it, it's important to do business. We must hurry to the coast to pick up the doctor and the others. As for the Desaro you want to find... Tomorrow the island will be occupied by the army, and none of the Russians can escape "

    Shakara said lightly, and my heart sank suddenly, knowing that something was wrong. Those ships belonged to Sakalal and the others, and they came from the army! Which country are they from, and what is the purpose of coming to Mermaid Island?

    I stared at Rhine's thoughtful face, saw him frowned and remained silent for a few seconds, then turned around and said, "Colonel Shaqalla, I have no problem dealing with those Russians, but I hope you can keep Desaro He is so young and a genius in the field of biological research, he has the value of surviving, we can recruit him as a member of the experimental base that will be built here." Experimental base     ? They want to turn this island to build an experimental base? Experiment what? Mermaid? Why rely on the army to guard it? Is it using the mermaid's gene to make biochemical weapons?     I gasped and sweated profusely.

    Shocked, I saw Shakara turned around and sneered, with a cold gleam in her sharp eyes: "This is not something you and I can decide, Rhine, don't let your emotions affect your actions and your actions." Judgment. I admit that Desaro is very useful. Besides, he is very charming, enthusiastic and brave, and he is desperate for his dreams." Her face suddenly sank, and she spit out a few words softly, "It's like A moth. You know, moths are always fragile, they... die quickly. Wer hoch steigt, kann tief fallen." "

    But Colonel, I'm not..."

    Shakral interrupted: " You like him, you're in love with him. Rhine, admit it freely. We're not rigid Russians, we allow homosexuality, but feelings can only live forever under military orders." "...Understood." Damn

    it

    ! I dug my hands into the bark, gasping for breath. The high tension in my thinking exacerbated my physical reaction, because I am sure that there was a sentence in a language other than English mixed in with Shakal’s words just now, and I couldn’t understand what she meant. , but I can tell it's a German sentence.

    ——They are Germans, and they are probably a group of Nazi remnants who did not give up after World War II and wanted to stand up.

    They have been lurking in Moscow for a long time, and they may have been eyeing the mermaid island discovered by Dr. Vinograd many years ago, and then they deliberately pretended to be the Russians and planned a huge conspiracy, and they also involved the Americans. Misunderstanding that Russia is going to do something, let us think that the United States is going to deal with Russia, and they are hiding in the dark, gaining benefits and opportunities for resurgence.