Chapter 101

The tip of my knife slammed into his flesh and stabbed straight to the spine, making a muffled blunt sound. In an instant, I felt his body shake violently, but instead he hugged my body tightly. I swear I feel like he could break my waist at any moment. He propped up his body, grabbed the handle of the knife on his back and pulled it out inch by inch, but stared into my eyes motionlessly. The whites of his eyes were slightly red, as if he could shed tears at any time, as if some emotion was tearing his eye sockets, and his trembling breath was like a sea breeze on my cheeks.

    I don't know what he was thinking, I just felt terrified.

    Blue blood oozed from the gap between his fingers holding the blade, like a cluster of blooming poison poppies. The strange fragrance of the blood rushed into my nasal cavity, and many chaotic and fragmented pictures flashed in my mind. I couldn't tell what those were, but my chest was constricted like a water-soaked leather bag, making it hard for me to breathe. I retreated subconsciously, and scrambled down the rock, but he grabbed my calf and dragged me into his arms. He hugged me horizontally and swam into the gloomy cave.

    "Where are you taking me?!"

    I yelled in fear, desperately kicking the tail of the fish swinging under me. He easily grabbed my feet to death with just one webbed claw. I only have my hands that can flap and scratch slightly. I can’t use all the fighting skills I have learned. I feel that I am under his power. As weak as a baby, because his arms are twice as thick as mine! This kind of struggle was useless at all, and I was carried into the cave by him like a young deer whose throat was strangled by a cheetah. Waves of cheers from the mermaids sounded like ghosts crying and wolves howling to me.

    The mouth of the cave is receding, the moonlight fading with the darkness that engulfs me.

    I was led by the leader of the mermaid to shuttle through the connected caves one after another, passing those towering ancient stone pillars and glowing plankton, everything around me looked weird, as if I was being dragged into a cave leading to the underworld by the legendary god of death Ghost Tunnel.

    This terrible premonition frightened me so much that my hands and feet went limp, I didn't even have the strength to swipe wildly, and my whole body trembled. I couldn't help but wonder if the mermaid likes to imprison children like a witch, raise them fat and strong, and then slaughter and eat them. Maybe the kiss just now was to test whether I fit his taste. About to take me into his lair and eat me. My grandpa once said that mermaids are the most ferocious creatures, I should have followed his advice and stayed as far away from the sea as possible!     At this moment, I was brought to a cave with the densest stone pillars, and several mermaids guarding the stone pillars respectfully stepped aside. This is obviously the lair of the mermaid leader. He held me and swam to the strange-shaped stone forest in the center of the cave. The roads inside are intricate, like a maze created artificially. I am sure that if I am trapped in it, I am afraid that I will never be able to escape until I die.     Panic seemed to be increasing one by one with heavy stones. My heart was heavy, and tears of death poured out drop by drop. Crying is undoubtedly the most meaningless thing at this time, but thinking of the bad luck that may come next, I can't suppress my sobs.     The arms around his waist tightened, and the mermaid leader suddenly stopped swimming. Maybe it was my crying that aroused his sympathy (but maybe the mermaid doesn't have that stuff). He carried me to a relatively flat stone in the stone forest, leaned over me, his eyes narrowed slightly, and the emotions that confused me were hidden in the shadows under the eyelids. I stared at him vigilantly, sniffed, and didn't dare to breathe.     His webbed claws were placed on my head, gently stroking my hair, as if comforting me silently, I felt his arms trembling slightly, and seemed to be very excited, as if he was dying of starvation After finally getting a piece of life-saving steak, he tried his best to endure it. I'm really afraid that he will suddenly open his mouth and bite me. My grandpa told me that merfolk confuse people before eating them, and apparently he's doing it now.     "Don't try to confuse me... I don't have any meat on my body, and it doesn't taste good at all!"