Chapter 9

What amazes me is that the structural design of this biological base is very good. According to Da Vinci's introduction, it is attached to the continental shelf. The whole building follows the trend of the seabed, and the top is designed to be like the arc of the Sydney Opera House. It can effectively slow down the impact caused by the tsunami.

    And when I walked out of the room and came to the corridor through the exterior, I realized from the glass that we were all under the water surface. The so-called underground water reservoir that Da Vinci said was built on the edge of the sea platform. You need to take the elevator down to the underwater laboratory.

    When I took the transparent shuttle-shaped elevator and descended slowly, I was dazzled and almost intoxicated in this underwater world. I felt like my soul sank into the deep trench along with the spectacular continental slope not far away. .

    Although the deepest place we can reach is only the bottom of the marginal sea platform, which is thousands of miles away from the abyssal plain at the bottom of the continental slope, I just look at the endless dark depths, and I have a desire Explore the complex emotions of awe and fear.

    I don’t know when I will have the opportunity to go down in a submarine to find out. If I can successfully graduate and study for a few more years to become a qualified naval officer, maybe I can... "Desaro, what are you thinking, so preoccupied?

    " Da Vinci patted me on the shoulder and pulled me back to reality, "Look, we're here."

    I raised my eyes, and the elevator door opened, revealing a circular hall with several closed doors on the wall. Round, thick and strong, it looks like the entrance of a submarine. It looks very high-tech, and it also effectively prevents some precious research individuals from being secretly photographed or stolen by some illegal organizations for profit.

    But this kind of architectural structure reminded me of something interesting, and I couldn't help joking: "Dude, so many laboratories, how do you remember which door contains what. Have you ever seen a movie called In the movie "The Cabin in the Woods", as long as you press a wrong button, ah, all the strange-shaped things in it will come out, leaving all the bones and dregs you ate."

    As I said that, I pretended to intimidate him, but Da Vinci looked at me dumbfounded, "Desaro, you are still the same. You have a genius head, but your mind is like a child's.

    " I think this old pedant hasn't changed, and he doesn't have a sense of humor at all. It's a pity, a pity, life is boring.

    Da Vinci led me to one of the doors, stretched out his hand and pressed the fingerprint reader on the door, the door automatically opened with a beep sound, and immediately there was a unique smell of sea water from the gap What's more, it is mixed with the faintly special fragrance of the mermaid, which makes me a little uneasy.

    I touched the wings of my nose, "Da Vinci, do you think the smell of the mermaid is a bit strange?" "

    What smell? The fishy smell of sea water?"

    "Scent," I emphasized, catching the source of the scent with my nose : "You smell, it's so strong, it's a bit... a bit like musk."

    Da Vinci sniffled his nose vigorously: "If you can understand the fishy smell of sea water as a fragrance, it's really quite strong." "

    Your nose It must be malfunctioning." I frowned suspiciously, feeling very strange, and followed him inside, trying to convince him of my judgment.

    When we were completely submerged in the darkness of the entrance, the door slammed shut behind us, and a layer of changing faint blue halo enveloped the whole body. When I raised my eyes, I found that there were ring-shaped glass walls all around, and the reservoir surrounded us with shimmering waves, blurring all the boundaries between the inner and outer worlds, and the shadows of fish schools floating around, forming shadows like clouds. It's as wonderful as being in Alice in Wonderland.