Chapter 29

I immediately looked towards Agares, and saw three or five people holding the extremely thick chain and fastening his body from all directions, so that only his tail could move all over his body, and his claws were grasping the chain vigorously. Holding a stalemate with them, he couldn't help but let out a suppressed low hiss.

    He had obviously been hit by a bullet, and the blue blood pooled on the deck along the tail of the fish, but he was just in a stalemate with the pirates, and had no intention of launching an attack at all. Even the originally calm sea gradually calmed down, and the fog covering the hull dissipated instantly.

    All of a sudden, I saw that not far away, the big ship that we mistook for a ship in distress showed its true face——

it had many tattered canvas strips and criss-crossed old hulls hanging on its hull. It looks like it was damaged by a storm, but there is a rocket launcher on its three-story cabin, and dozens of pirates with machine guns are standing on the deck. Their firepower is more than twice that of ours.

    Suddenly I was struck by a thunderbolt, and I almost fainted. I never dreamed that we would encounter such a bad luck. Damn it...

    "Rhein, put down the gun, just grab it! It's better to be a hostage than to be thrown into the sea! Look, Desaro is dying!" Henry pressed the dagger to my neck, and the pain made my neck ache. My vision was blurry, and I couldn't make out whether Rhine had lowered his weapon, but I knew he wouldn't continue to shoot. In such a situation of disparity between the enemy and the enemy, resistance will only bring casualties in vain, and being kidnapped by pirates has become an inevitable foregone conclusion.

    Besides, they need me and Agares alive. And it seems that the purpose of this group of pirates is not as simple as robbery, otherwise, how could there be a traitor like Henry who has been lurking on our ship for a long time.

    So at least we will be kept alive, and if we are alive, we will have a chance to fight back.

    The severe pain and blood loss are gradually taking away my ability to think, and my body is approaching the edge of the deck step by step by Henry. The big ship is already only a few feet away, and a steel bridge is put down by the pirates over there , slammed into our deck with a harsh thud and a splash of water.

    A strong smell of blood rushed to my face, and there was the sound of chains being dragged across the ground behind me. I subconsciously turned my head to look, the pain made my eyes congested, and my retina seemed to be covered with a layer of red mist. I could only vaguely see the figure of Agares moving forward slowly, tied by several chains, and nearly ten pirates yelled, and with their joint efforts, they dragged his heavy and long fish tail onto the bridge, like treating a beast that is about to be imprisoned in a circus.

    This kind of arrogant and ferocious creature, at this moment, is bound by iron chains like a slave. He may have the ability to break free easily, but now he has also fallen into a situation where the beasts are trapped.

    I felt a heavy feeling of discomfort pressing on my heart—I shouldn’t have impulsively asked Agares for help. No matter how similar he is to human beings, he is a beast after all, and we are two How can I involve a population of this world in human disputes! I'm so dizzy! In this way, Agares would further believe that I was his spouse, and my behavior amounted to an indirect acknowledgment of this. What did I do? This is not what a qualified biologist would do!

    But maybe... Even if I had the chance to do it all over again, I would still choose to do this, because people always instinctively rely on a strong existence in times of crisis, even men.

    I thought to myself mockingly, clenched my fists in contradiction, my brain was in chaos like a storm, but the pain in my body made me have no time to care about others, and even breathing smoothly became a difficult extravagant hope. My eyes began to roll up unconsciously, my consciousness became fragmented, my whole body was like stepping on a layer of illusory clouds, everything around me became distorted, my hearing seemed to leave my body, and I became a long The audience of black and white silent films.