Chapter 26

Han Jisung's pov

I'm sleeping with my eyes half open. It's almost 4 in the evening and Minho is busy in his exams preparation. I'm done with most of my exams but the last 2 that are remaining are eating my brains away. I simply call Minho cuz why not .. he my boyfriend.

"What is it, hannie? I was sleeping. " I hear Minho say as soon as he picks up.

"Oh and I thought you might be studying with your full focus on. Boys are liar" I say pouting.

"Hannieee don't be mad. I took a break half an hour ago. Tomorrow's exam is quite easy so I took a nap. " Minho says with his Innocent cat eyes.

"And here I'm .. tensing on the subject that's killing me. " I say actually hitting the book on my head. But it hurts now.

"Be careful don't play, kiddo. Don't worry. I know you'll pass out nicely. Just don't daydream about me much. " Minho teases.

"Huh in your dreams." I say scrunching my nose.

"Don't just ask about my dreams kiddo ... You'll be embarrassed" Minho replied and suddenly a blush crept over my face. I look away and hear Minho laugh.

"Okay okay I'll hang up then. Thankyou for helping in nothing. " I say trying to hide my face.

"Thanks to you kiddo. Thanks for waking me up. I'll pick u up for college tomorrow. Bye" Minho says and smiled. I too smile and hang up.

And as soon as I hang up, a unknown person calls me. I don't recognise the number and start to be anxious coz no one calls me except for Minho and my parents and couple of friends.

I pick up after a while. Gaining confidence. And hear that voice I was always unexpected and scared of ... my brother.

"Hello , Han. Are you there ?" He asks and he seems so old already. When it's just been 4 years we haven't met.

" Why the fuck are you calling me, Woojin?" I instantly ask. Coz I'm done being kind to assholes.

"Can you at least listen to me first, before your yellings. You need to come meet me. It's important " he says. And I scoff at this.

"Huh sure. If there's money involved then it must be very important for you, right ?" I ask sarcastically.

"Please understand han. It's not about money. It's about ... You " he says almost breaking.

"I'm done with yours and dad's nonsense. Y'all just used me and will continue if I come to you" I yelled and Woojin for a moment went silent.

"Hannie listen. I know dad was an asshole to you. But h-he's changed. Trust me." He says.

"I can't, sorry. You don't even know what I felt when y'all left me, just by myself. Don't even think you can understand what I felt." I shout out. Trying to control the teears that were held in for 4 fucking years.

"Hannie please. Please trust me this once han-" he speaks but I hang up.

And then the tears are freed now from the prison of my eyes. The eyes that has seen enough of sadness. That no one could've handled. But I did. Coz it was my family. A family t-that always gave grief to me and my mom. Such grief that killed her ...

Flashback - 4 years ago

It was a normal day for me and Woojin. We came back from school and hugged mom and Woojin would always be jealous cuz he was 3 years older than me and he didn't get any smiley sandwiches. But I did. But still I always shared mine with him. Otherwise that brat would steal them for sure.

We sat on the sofa as it was last day of school and vacations were gonna start. waiting for dad to come and give us a nice surprise of some holiday Trip but he never did. He'd be so busy in his automobile business that he never spent time with us or mom. Mom always used to get jealous by seeing ither parents going to resorts etc.

But we never liked mom's sad face so I and Woojin would do something to lit her expressions quickly. And dance to our favourite songs. As she was a complete army and stanned many k-pop groups. So our speakers were really tired of us.

Woojin was a great cook. At such young age he was curious about making famous dishes of various countries. He made the best ramen I had ever eaten, adding up his own thought recipes and even mom loved it.

Those were the days.

Until one day when dad came home breathless. Mom asked him if he was okay and why was he in a hurry. He just said nothing and went away again with a leather bag.

Mom ordered us to go to our room. And we did. Until we heard a loud knocks on the door. We rushed down and mom said not to open the door. But Woojin got irritated by continuous knocking and opened it.

Some three men barged in and said that we need to empty this house till tomorrow. My mom protested and made my dad talk to them. Turns out my dad was unable to pay their loans off.

The men were gone and mom hugged me seeing as I was starting to cry.

"What the hell has dad gotten himself into ?" Woojin asked mom.

"I don't know. He never mentioned anything related to work." Mom said quite in a scared tone.

That's when after a few moments dad walked inside the house.

"You just gave them bag full of money right? Why did they come again ?" Mom yelled at him.

Dad was already angry and mom's words triggered him more. He sent a flying slap on mom's face to which mom started to cry.

"I don't know what you're getting yourself into, Jaywon. But I won't stay here if you're a douche like this." Mom yelled at him, grabbed my hand and walked towards my room.

Dad didn't say a word. And the next morning. We didn't get a sight of dad. As well as Woojin.

Mom was stressed about woojin's dissapearance. Coz she definitely didn't trust dad.

The evening thereafter dad called saying they were away for completing that unfinished business and Woojin should learn somethings too so he took him along. Mom just scoffed at this. I was entirely like my mom. She always taught me to be kind, generous, finding happiness in small things. But not Woojin. He always wanted more. Bigger things in life. And those too without any sacrifices. And that was the sole reason he went away with dad. Dad must've promised him great wealth and luxurious lifestyle. But little did we know this separation would cost lives.

Thats when mom had enough. She called dad and said she's had enough of his nonsense and was going away to her hometown with me. "Listen, honey I need you okay I'm trying to figure out how to manage these fucking loans. Please listen-" dad shouted on the line. But mom didn't buy a word. She was used to this. Dad calling her sweet names to get things done. And be rude to her, use violence and shit whenever she protested.

She was adamant on her decision. "It's over Jaywon" mom said one last time. Dad tried to stop her by yellings I could hear even being away from phone. But in vain.

I didn't see Dad and Woojin after that day, Until now.

Now it feels unsure to even imagine how mom must've felt that she couldn't hold on to the pressure. Pressure of money lenders who reached mom's house too and the time I saw they harassed her. She complained to dad so many times. But he didn't give a fuck. Saying she was the one leaving house.

And that one gloomy day. She slept and never woke up again. I still am adamant that dad is the murderer of my mom. Coz she never deserved such great sorrows. She wanted a happy loving family. She wanted a nice husband and two prosperous sons.

But she couldn't stop life from happening. She couldn't stop Woojin from going away. From her. From me. I still miss her. So much that even my pillow knows how much tears I've lost all night long. But I can't reach her. I'll never be able to. But I can reach Woojin. Can hug him and bring him back. Bring him back from that asshole dad. But he seems faraway.

And unfortunately it seems like if I go I might never return ...