That my girl

Lani had always had a hard time fitting in with her clan mates as she had inherited Jake features of five finger s and toes, along with eyebrows as well. She had always been bullied because of that and being the daughter of tokru Makto didn't make matters easier for her, she was seen a freak to everyone in her face. They will voice their hate for the girl when none of her fathers or grandma were by her side, as they knew it will be bad new for them all. Lani had kept the bullying from her family hoping she can deal with the matter on her own.

Lani " ......" you are sitting on a tree branch way up high and today was not a good day for lani as you had once again, gotten bullied by some of the kids of the clan. She had ran off about pushing one of the boys over for grabbing her tail and trying to see if it was real.

???? " hey baby girl" lani knew it was jake right away by his nickname for her he would call her that time to time, that was not his only nicknamed for his daughter. Jake soon pulled his daughter to bigger area of the tree, he soon sat down near his daughter.

Lani " hello dad"

Jake " I heard of what happened today"

Lani " I'm sorry"

Jake " why are you sorry sweetie"

Lani " I acted on fighting and that a no go like fathers have said I have disappointed the family"

Jake " oh baby girl you have done nothing wrong they know nothing about this your grandmother has handled everything"

Lani " oh okay"

Jake " tell me what the hater baby girl"

Lani " I'm a complete loser dad I don't have any friends and everyone expect the family see me as freak of the clan" Jake knew life would be harder on his daughter and he had done everything to speak with his mates and mother in law, about the future problems but that fall on deaf ears.

Jake " sweetie listen to me"

Lani " ...."

Jake " you are not a freak my love you have never been a freak to me since the day I first held you and heard your heartbeat, you are my daughter my beautiful daughter and one day all these foolish little boys and girls will regret how
they treated you"

Lani " thank you dad ... umm dad do you think anyone would ever love me and I will find love like you and fathers"

Jake " oh the topic of boys I thought we had a few more years until then"

Lani " dad"

Jake " look one day you will find someone who will love you and would do anything for you attention he may here in the clan or somewhere else ... but you have the sully charm so I don't know what you will have a future love if you are like me you might steal the heart of the cheif son or the clan mighty warrior son" lani and Jake soon looked at each other and soon laughed as Jake brought her into a bug and kissed her forehand.

Jake " come with me baby girl I'm helping you with something else as well" after some walking they soon arrived at a clearing area and jake, had his back turned as he was going over something in his head.

Jake " come here"

Lani " yes dad"

Jake " I'm teaching you how to fight more and defend yourself if those kids or anyone else, are going to pick a fight with you i want make sure you can fight back" lani had nodded her head and after that day there were times when her and Jake would practice fighting and she was getting good, Jake is so proud of his daughter.

Jake " that my girl you are getting better"

Lani " thanks dad"

Jake " remember you only use this if needed we don't need ..."

Lani " to be causing problems I know dad I will do my best if won't fight back unless necessary"

Jake " good" Jake had noticed since that day of their conversation lani had gown more confident in herself and had a brighter smile, she didn't care that much if she was left out of other activities with the other youth of the clan. She would either help her dads, grandmother, and the humans if they didn't need help then she will go on her own adventure.

Neytiro " ma Jake is this normal behavior with human kids" Jake was with his human friends setting up new addition to their bases, as they were able to help some rouge RDA members join them.

Jake " huh"

Tsu'tey " we have noticed lani has been changing her hair, clothing, the way she stands, and her tone of voice"

Neytiro " she even seem to have higher spirts now but to worry us that she doesn't get along, with the other children her age well most of them and she always with the humans at times"

Jake " she finding herself my husband this is perfectly normal behavior for any child human or navi" both male navi looked at each other and soon their husband.

Jake " oh okay we here we go there is nothing to worry about now she is being lani, it seems like she finally found what she loves about her life"

Norm " she seems to be happy with her new look"

Trudy " I love her new hairstyle"

Max " you helped her with that didn't you Trudy"

Trudy " she just came to me and asked some questions and I answered them I even showed her some books, on hairstyles she finally decided to make her own" tsutey and neytiro were very confused about the whole matter.

Lani " hey uncle norm I got some of the flowers you asked for" lani came walking over with her viper wolves pets, she was also carrying a basket of flowers.

Lani " dads"

Tsu'tey " hello my daughter"

Neytiro " where have you been all day"

Lani " helping around here and uncle norm asked me to collect some flowers for him and the others"lani soon placed the basket down as the humans started looking threw.

Jake " it seems like your little friends have become use to everyone now"

Lani " they are fine being near everyone but we are still working on petting and feeding" lani had petted one of the viper wolves, as she was speaking with her dad.

Jake " good job my daughter"

Lani " I have to go grandmother said she wish to speak with me before night fall, I will see you all later" lani soon turned around as her pets followed her, that moment Tsu'tey and Neytiro had finally understood what was happening. They were happy for their daughter and were not going to question that much of her life, but they were work going to be overprotective of her and Jake.