The child (2)

Today new arrivals from earth will be coming to pandora today you were in the laboratory helping out, with anything that needed to be done. You had found out some of the new arrivals will be scientists and avatar drivers and you are happy about that news, you always enjoyed making new friendships but your interaction with the adults are base were still limited. As most of the military avoid you all together and if they were near your they would speak limited words towards you or just stay away from you that hurt you as well. The miners and Parker didn't like you as you were seen as problem to them as having a child here was not expensive when in real life you were the less expensive person on base.

Y/n " ...... " you were walking down the hall towards grace laboratory to meet up with her and the other scientists, you had just heard the new arrivals had gotten out of the meeting with quairtch and his team, you couldn't wait to meet these new scientists and avatar drivers maybe they had new stories and knowledge of earth.

??? " This will be grace lab where they keep the avatars" you soon ran into two adult males as they looked at you.

Y/n " hello I'm y/n" you had waved at the two adults as they soon realized you are a child.

??? " hello I'm Jake sully"

Y/n " hello Jake"

??? " I'm norm spellman we are the new addition to grace team"

Y/n " oh hello and welcome to pandora you can both come inside if you wish" both man had nodded their heads and soon entered the lab with you.

Y/n " hey Max I ran into the new addition to the team Jake and norm outside"

Max " hey y/n"

Jake " hey you seem very young to be here" soon the laboratory had fallen into laughter at Jake comment.

Max " because is she young to use being a teen right now"

Norm " wait you are still a kid"

Y/n " yep still a kid to everyone else here ideology of a kid"

Jake " I thought kids were not allowed to come only adults, I thought it was bad press if a kid comes here"

Max " well y/n here get a pass"

Jake " wow"

Y/n " what are you guys jobs here"

Norm " well we are the new avatar drivers"

Y/n " cool so you two will be link two the two new bodies"

Jake " huh" you soon walked over with Jake and showed him the avatar bodies that were floating in the tubes.

Jake " that amazing"

Max " well you boys are in lucky because by tomorrow you can test them out"

Y/n " you both will be amazed on what the avatar body can do" norm and Jake smiled at you as your walked around the laboratory.

Scientists " they are coming out"

Speaker " attention driver come out of link"

Grace " oh god ... who got my cigarettes"

Norm " that grace she is a league and wrote the book on pandora"

Max " it because she likes few people and plants, better then the rest of the human race"

Jake " who are the people she likes"

Max " her fellow scientist and y/n here"

Y/n " hey aunt grace"

Grace " hello sweetie" grace hugged you and that when she noticed max with two new faces she hadn't seen.

Max " grace this is norm spellman and Jake sully"

Grace " norm I hear great things about you, how is your Navi"

Norm " may the great mother smile upon our first meeting"

Grace " not bad but you sound a bit formal kid what do you think"

Y/n " he speaks well the elders of Navi and olo'eythans and tshaik would love that"norm looked shock that you could speak Navi so well for someone so young.

Max " unm grace is this Jake sully"

Grace " I was not asking for you I had asked for your brother the smart one"

Jake " I'm sorry but he is dead I'm a major inconvenience to you all, but they sent me here to take his place"

Grace" how much lab have you done"

Jake " middle school" grace didn't seem happy as she soon stormed out of the room, mad and saying she was going to speak with Parker but no one could stop her.

Y/n " I'm sorry for your lost Jake"

Jake " thanks kid"

Max " well we will let you both unpack and get settled we will see you all in the morning"

Y/n " I will show you a where you will be staying" the two man had followed her but soon saw, her also bump into this one man that looked important. Him had looked at you for a while but soon walked away when a solider name Lopez called him away. His name and face had gotten the two adult attention as they had seen him already today.

Y/n " this is where you both will be staying I will see you all tomorrow" you soon took off down the hall as grace came back you were trying to calm her down. Everyone knew when Grace was mad only you could be the one to talk her off the edge it was the same skills your mom used as well.

Grace " so what do you think of Jake sully"

Y/n " he funny and I think he will be a great addition I know he not like everybody here, but hey maybe change not that bad"

Grace " we will see if he last here Parker won't back down"

Y/n " maybe he not that bad after all aunt Grace"

Grace " we will see we are going out with him on the team and don't want anything to go bad like last time" you remember the last time when the solider had gotten involved with the navi it was not good, and very tragic as well.

Y/n " well I hope this can help us get back with the navi I really miss all the omacayia I wonder what neytiri and Tsu'tey are like now these day, and everyone else they were my friends and like older siblings to be before that day" Grace knew that day was a bad memory for you and she along with the others made sure, you were all taken care after that and didn't mention the incident that much when you were younger.

Grace " I think they will be happy to see you as you were already one of them as human"

Y/n " thank you aunt well I'm heading to bed"

Grace " good I will see you in the morning it seems like the newbies will be trying out their bodies tomorrow" you soon smiled and bid goodnight to grace, as you stepped out of the lab but there was someone who had been listening into the conversation but took off right away. You did hear someone walking away but you thought it was someone walking by as you soon head back to your bedroom, as your spelt that night woodspirts were seen floating outside by your window. It seems like the great mother was still watching over you after all these years.