❤️ ♦️ Arleen Sorkin ♦️ ❤️

Hey all. A very special woman, Arleen Sorkin has sadly passed away. For those unfamiliar with the name, she was THE voice of Harley Quinn. More importantly, Arleen was the first and original voice actress of Harley Quinn in Batman the Animated Series. Harley made her debut in the series in 1992. This debut would be the start of Harley's rise in popularity. What was meant to be a one off appearance turned into many years of Harley Quinn. Those very close to me know I absolutely love Harley Quinn. I gravitated towards her because of her look, personality and her sweet voice. I sympathized with Harley because of her abusive relationship with Joker but I became so fascinated in the character that I wanted to know more about her. Now she is without a doubt, one of my most favorite fictional characters. What makes this all the more important to me and moreso the FanFic, Batman the Animated Series (and the characters from the series) is what this FanFic is based on heavily. I set this story to be a sort of AU in a way to that animated series. That's because it was one of my first introductions to Harley Quinn. It's my favorite version of her. Which makes it all the more important and hard. Arleen brought Harley to life. Not just by voicing her but literally bringing her to life through her portrayal. Thanks to her, she made Harley Quinn into an icon. She became a popular character for many years to come and still to this day. From video games to movies, Harley is still very much in our lives and making us smile with her charm and personality. What I love is seeing how Harley has changed over the many years. To an abused sidekick that wanted love from her "Mistah J". To forming a strong friendship with Poison Ivy and becoming her own person that doesn't follow others. And then becoming an antihero and finding some deserving love from her "Red". There is so much I can and want to say but I don't what to go on and on. I just want to thank Arleen Sorkin for bringing Harley Quinn to life and for voicing such an important and special character for many years. Rest in peace, puddin. 

"Knock, Knock Puddin'

"Knock, Knock Puddin'. Say hello to your new and improved Harley Quinn!"

In Memory Of

Arleen Sorkin

1955 - 2023