32: Working Gal

Hey everyone! So you've got an interesting few chapters to read starting this chapter. Bit of a fun few chapters so I hope you all enjoy. Thanks for all the votes and positive comments, it means a lot. I'm having a lot of fun with this fanfic.

Like I've said before, there will be some chapters that are a bit slow. I'm really sorry, just bare with me. I'll try my best to make sure you enjoy ones that are a bit slow. Even if it's just a little bit.

On with the chapter!

:-{ D

--------------------

"Red! Red!" Harley shouted excitedly, running into the kitchen. Ivy was surprised when Harley ran in. Harley stood in front of her and bounced up and down slightly. "Calm down Harl, what's the matter?" Ivy asked, trying to calm Harley down. "I just went to get the letters and I had one so I opened it and it says I got a job!" Harley revealed, holding out the letter for Ivy to see. "What?!" Ivy said in shock. "I thought I wouldn't get the job but I have! I start tomorrow!" Harley told her. "That's amazing Harl!" Ivy exclaimed. Harley then attacked Ivy with a hug. Ivy returned the hug, smiling hugging her tightly. "Proud of you baby" Ivy said softly, rubbing Harley's back.

Later on, Harley and Ivy were sitting in front of the TV, cuddled up to each other. "I'm nervous about tomorrow red" Harley said all of a sudden. Ivy looked down at Harley. "You will be fine Harl, it's normal to be nervous" Ivy told Harley. "Yeah... I'm just worried that I'm going to mess up" Harley added. "Don't worry baby. The only way to learn is to make mistakes. Besides, the staff will help you. So you got nothing to worry about" Ivy reassured, stroking Harley's hair. Harley smiled and nodded.

The following day, Ivy drove Harley into Gotham. She dropped her off at a car park. "See you later Harl. Good luck" Ivy smiled, leaning over and planting her lips on Harley's. "Thanks red, see ya later" Harley replied with a smile. Harley got out the car and walked towards her job. Ivy watched as Harley went out of sight before leaving the car park in her car.

Harley walked into the mall and nervously walked to the clothes shop. She entered and paused, not knowing what to do next. As Harley's eyes slowly moved across the shop, her eyes fell on a woman who worked for the shop. She had short blonde hair with a black streak in her hair. The woman saw Harley and smiled before continuing with her work.

"Hello Miss Quinzel" a voice interrupted. Harley turned to see the manager she spoke to before. "Oh uh hey Mister Walters" Harley replied nervously. "You ready to get to work?" He asked. "Yes sir" Harley answered. Mr Walters smiled. "Good, your uniform is in a locker in the back. I'll get someone to show you around and help you out. If you have any questions then ask the other staff. Good luck" Mr Walters told Harley. Harley nodded and walked off.

Harley went into the back of the shop and went to a locker she was told to go too. Harley unlocked it and pulled out her uniform. Harley then placed some of her things inside. She closed the locker door and changed quickly into her uniform. Harley placed her clothes in her locker, locked it and got ready for a day of work.

The next few hours, Harley walked round the shop. She familiarized herself with the layout and some of the areas of the shop. After a while, Harley was given a job to do. As Harley started to do her job, a man walked up to her angrily. "Hey!" He said angrily, Harley jumped slightly and looked at him. "This shop is the worst! Every time I come in here I get rubbish service! Now I've been sent the wrong item!" The man yelled, waving the piece of clothing in Harley's face. "I uh-uhh" Harley stuttered, completely confused about the situation. "Unless something is going to change, I am going to make a complaint about you and the rest of the staff in this shop!" The man barked angrily. Before Harley could say anything, the woman from earlier interfered.2Excuse me, if you don't stop yelling we will escort you out the shop. If you have a problem, we'll be more than happy to sort it out" the woman told him sternly. He sighed and thought for a few moments. "Okay... Can I talk to the manager? Get this sorted out" he asked. "Of course, he's on the tills" she replied. The man grunted and walked off to the tills. The woman then turned to Harley. "You okay?" She asked. Harley nodded. "Thank you" Harley said softly. She smiled at Harley. Then her smile faded. "Sorry you had to be put through that on the first day. My name is Eve" Eve introduced. "I'm Harley" Harley replied. Eve smiled at her and the pair continued to talk...

--------------------

Hope you enjoyed. Ivy didn't play a big part and this will happen from time to time. Harley or Ivy won't be in the chapter much. I am trying to keep things different and not too samey. It'll get boring if it's all the same.

I'm really sorry if the last chapter, this chapter and next chapter ain't that good. Things will pick up. Like I said, I'm trying to take this fanfic into a new direction. Cuteness and fluffiness will always make its way back into chapters.

Anyway, before you go I do want to let you all know that the thing I've been on about will be revealed in the next chapter!

Next chapter is titled 'Harley's new friend'. See you all next chapter!