9: Don't Bottle it Up

I'm back!!!! Back with a new chapter and two more coming out this week! I know you all are eager to read this chapter so I won't keep you. Enjoy!

:-{ D
--------------------
"Reeeeeed, Oh reeeeeeed!" Ivy heard Harley whisper softly from the side of her. Ivy moaned and slowly opened her eyes. She looked at Harley who were smiling at her. Her blue eyes twinkling at Ivy. "Morning bay-bee!" Harley cheered, hugging Ivy tightly. Ivy was surprised, confused and happy. "Morning Harls, you seem much better" Ivy replied. "Yeah! I feel great red, one hundred percent! And it's all because of you! Thanks red!" Harley said. "It was nothing, just wanted to get you better" Ivy told her. "I know, but thank you!" Harley beamed and smashed her lips onto Ivy's cheek.

All Ivy could do was lie there and feel Harley's soft lips on Ivy's cheek. She could feel the warmth coming from Harley and she would be lying if she said she didn't like it. Hell, she loved it! She had dreams of her and Harley being much closer than friends. She just wished it was reality and not dreams.

During breakfast, they talked about somethings they needed for the house. "So if we go into that little shop to pick up two big bags of soil then we'll get some lunch. Sound good?" Ivy said. Harley nodded and mumbled a reply as her mouth was full of her breakfast.

Ivy smiled at the adorable girl sitting in front of her. "How are you feeling?" Ivy asked. Harley swallowed and shrugged. "A bit tired but feeling good otherwise" Harley replied with a smile. "That's normal, the special medicine I treated you with can cause tiredness. Listen Harl, you don't have to come with me today" Ivy revealed. Harley's face dropped into panic.

"No! I wanna come red!" Harley cried. "Hey, hey okay. You can come if you want. I'm sorry" Ivy replied quickly, placing her hand on top of Harley's hand. It has been a long time since Harley moved in with Ivy. But after years with the abuse and neglect from The Joker, Harley was still feared him. She has had nightmares, some worse than others. And Ivy could not let Harley be on her own because she was still terrified. Sure, she had improved since staying in the comfort and loving arms of Ivy. But nothing could ever make Harley forget her past and how she was treat when with The Joker. This is what made Ivy sick. She hated him so much. Harley endured so much emotional and psychological damage from that monster. Ivy was glad Harley had come to her senses and has left him for good. Ivy promised herself that she would never let that creep hurt Harley ever again.

Ivy placed her hand on Harley's cheek. She smiled softly at the blonde. "I'm sorry for suggesting that Harls" Ivy said quietly. Harley shook her head. "No, no. No need to be sorry... I should be the one apologizing. I'm being silly, getting scared of being on my own" Harley said sadly. "Harley, come here" Ivy ordered. Harley stood up and walked over to Ivy. Ivy pulled Harley to her; making Harley sit on her lap. Ivy wrapped her arms round Harley's waist and smiled up at Harley. Harley gave Ivy a small side smile while she played with a strand of Ivy's red hair.

"It's okay to be scared Harl. I understand. You can be scared Harl, just remember that I will always be there to help you. I will always protect you. I will always look after you my baby" Ivy continued. There was a short pause before Harley looked Ivy in the eyes. "Thank you red" Harley said softly. Ivy smiled. "It's okay" Ivy replied. "No, I mean it red. Thank you" Harley stated. Ivy smiled up at Harley and tightened the hug round Harley's waist. Harley rested her head on Ivy's shoulders.

Ivy grabbed the second bag of soil and placed it into the trolley. Ivy quickly glanced at Harley. Since the pair left the house, Ivy kept on taking quick looks at Harley. Ivy could see her tiredness. She could feel it. Ivy tried her best to be quick so then they could get back home and so then Harley could rest. "Nearly done Harls, just got to get a few more things. Sorry" Ivy apologised, pushing the trolley and walking down the isle. Harley smiled slightly. "It's okay red" Harley replied.

"Uhm, red... Could I go back to the car and have a little sleep while you finish?" Harley asked. "You going to be okay?" Ivy wondered. "Yeah, I'm just really tired" Harley replied. "Okay Harl, I'll try and finish quickly" Ivy said, squeezing her hand. She gave Harley the spare car keys. Harley smiled and walked away.

Ivy carried on, walking around the shop and grabbing the last few things she needed. As she walked, Ivy thought about Harley. The more she thought, the more quicker she walked. She knew Harley would be okay. There wouldn't be any reason for her to not be okay. Things have been so nice and peaceful. Ivy smiled as she thought about the time she has spent so far with Harley.

Her feelings for Harley popped into her head. She sighed and wished she had the guts to tell Harley. It then dawned on her. Harley is scared of The Joker. All the things she had felt for him are gone. Ivy then thought about everything recently, on how close they are. The hugs, the cuddles, the kisses on the cheeks. Everything pointed to one thing. A possibility. A twinkle of hope. Maybe, just maybe... Harley does feel the same way.

Ivy queued up at the till and slowly made her way to the woman on the cash register. Once she payed, she bagged the stuff up and pushed the trolley towards the exit. "Pamela!" Someone called. Ivy stopped, turned round and smiled when she came to a familiar face. "Hi Jane" Ivy replied.

Ivy knew Jane from a long time ago. Ivy, Jane and Harley use to be real good friends. She was older than Harley and Ivy. In fact, she was like a mother to them. Jane use to work in a cafe but retired a few years back. That was the last time Ivy saw her. "How have you been, it's been a long time" Ivy asked. "I've been good, enjoying my free life. How about you?" Jane replied. "I've been good thanks" Ivy replied. Jane nodded with a smile. "You still in contact with the lovely Harley?" Jane wondered. "Yeah, yeah. She's living with me actually" Ivy answered. "Oh nice" Jane said with a smile. Ivy looked to the floor. Jane instantly picked up the thoughts Ivy were thinking. "You really care about her, don't you" Jane said softly. Ivy looked up into Jane's eyes. Jane placed her hand on her shoulder. "Oh Pam... I know that look. I know how you feel about her, I can see it. All the times the pair of you came into the cafe, I could tell you loved her so very deeply" Jane told her. Ivy nodded slightly, fighting back the tears. "Do... You think she... Feels the same way?" Ivy asked. Jane smiled and placed her hand on her cheek. "Seeing the pair of you in the cafe years ago... The pair of you laughing, talking... I could feel something between you two. Pamela, you love her with all your heart... And I am almost certain, she does too" Jane revealed, smiling at Ivy.

Ivy pushed the trolley towards her car. The thought of Harley fast asleep made her smile. Ivy thought about what Jane said. It gave Ivy confidence. Confidence to finally come clean to Harley. Ivy got to her car and froze. The car was lifeless. Harley wasn't in the car. Ivy was confused. She then saw something on the back seat. Ivy unlocked the car and opened the car door. Her eyes widened when she saw what was on the back seat. Ivy stared in horror as she stared at the joker playing card sitting on the seat. Joker has got Harley...
--------------------
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and the cliffhanger at the end.

See you all in the next chapter!!