55: The Parade

Hey everyone! I'm back! I know, I know, I have been gone for a long time and I am so very sorry. A lot has been going on and at the moment, things still haven't fully calmed down. However, I knew I couldn't leave you for much longer so I'm back to uploading BUT it won't be very consistent. I'll try posting once a week but it may be every two weeks. We'll see how things progress.

I do want to let you all know that I was supposed to post this chapter last month. However, I wasn't happy with the chapter I had planned so I've come up with a new chapter. It's actually a very important chapter and well, here it is.

On with the chapter!

<3

--------------------

"What's wrong with my beautiful baby this morning?" Ivy asked as she walked over and sat down next to Harley on the sofa. "I'm so bored red" Harley grumbled. Ivy smiled. "Why don't you do some painting?" Ivy suggested. "Nah, I don't feel like it" Harley replied. "You could paint me" Ivy urged with a smile. "No, I don't wanna" Harley pouted, looking away and slouching. Ivy smiled and placed her hand on Harley's head. "I'm only joking Harl. I got something planned for today" Ivy smiled as she stroked Harley's hair gently. Harley's face lit up and she looked at Ivy quickly. "What we doing red?! Where we going?! Please tell me! Oh pwease tell me!" Harley begged, bouncing excitedly and practically lying on top of Ivy. "I don't know, it was going to be a surprise" Ivy replied, turning away and smiling with her eyes closed and her arms folded. "Please bay-bee!" Harley cried, wrapping her arms round Ivy and shaking her slightly.

Ivy couldn't help but laugh. "Okay, okay Harl, let go of me" Ivy told Harley. Harley backed up and waited eagerly. "Today is a very special day Harl. Not just for us, but for many other couples like us. Today is Pride" Ivy began. "Oh yeah! I heard of Pride!" Harley admitted. Ivy smiled and nodded. "In Gotham today, there's going to be a parade where everyone comes to celebrate this very special day. I like to view this day as when everyone comes together and be proud of who we are. It doesn't matter whether your straight, gay, bi, transgender, it does not matter. No matter what, we are all equal. Everyone is equal, everyone is human" Ivy went on. "I totally agree with ya red" Harley smiled. She then gasped. "Are we going to the parade?! Please can we go! It's all so pretty and so amazing! Please can we go!" Harley begged excitedly. Ivy laughed softly. "Of course baby, I was planning on taking you" Ivy replied. "Yay! Yes I can't wait!" Harley cheered, jumping up and down excitedly. Ivy laughed at Harl. "Let's get going" Ivy announced, standing up and walking off with Harley to get ready.

It was a truly wonderful sight. The streets were packed full of people. Everyone had a piece of the Pride rainbow on them. Whether it was a t-shirt, flags of all sizes, face paint, or bandanas, there were rainbows everywhere Harley and Ivy turned. Harley had never seen so many colours before. "Wow red! This is amazing!" Harley shouted over the noise. Ivy smiled and nodded in agreement. Harley saw a small stall and pointed it out to Ivy. Harley then grabbed Ivy's hand and dragged her over to the stall.

When the pair walked away from the stall, they both had a large rainbow flag that they wrapped around themselves. Harley got a hair band and they both had a small rainbow face painted on their faces. They then joined in the parade walk, laughing, walking and dancing to the music being played. As they walked and danced, Harley and Ivy held each other's hand. Ivy doesn't like to be very open with her relationship with Harley. This is mainly because she wants to protect her. Ivy is worried what others would think of her and Harley. But today, none of that mattered. Ivy felt comfortable expressing her love for the beautiful blonde next to her.

Ivy pulled her hand away from Harley's and wrapped her arm round her. Harley smiled Ivy and put her arm round her waist. Suddenly, people began throwing different coloured powder everywhere. "Wow!" Harley awed at all the colours. The blues, reds, purples; it was almost magical.

A few hours had past. Both Harley and Ivy had bits of different coloured powder on them. They were sitting in a restaurant relaxing and having something to eat. After ordering their food, the pair talked and chilled while sipping on their drinks. "It was so lovely seeing Jane at the parade" Ivy said with a small smile. "Yeah! She's amazing, supporting everyone and getting involved" Harley agreed. Ivy smiled in agreement. "Thanks for today red. I know we don't really discus our relationship. Ya know, us being the same gender and in love. We've never really talked about that. But I'm so happy we are together and in love. It doesn't matter if you like the opposite or the same sex. All what matters is if you love someone. Gender or skin colour does not matter in my opinion" Harley told Ivy. "You know Harl... That is the most truthful and most beautiful thing you have ever said. I totally agree with you baby. We all live on the same planet and no matter what skin colour we are or who we choose to love, at the end of the day we are all still human beings. I love you Harl and I'm proud to say you are my girlfriend" Ivy smiled, placing a hand on Harley's hand. Harley smiled back at her girlfriend that she loved with all her heart...

--------------------
It's good to be back, I've missed this. I've missed all of you who read and support this fanfiction. Thank you and I love you all!

I'm really sorry it's been such a long time. A lot has happened since the last chapter. Mainly personal stuff to be honest. One thing being that I've spent some time away from social media to focus on myself and to just basically find myself. In the time I spent away from social media, I have been growing as a human being. I've been clearing my mind and all in all, improving and becoming a better human being which I think I've accomplished at long last.

I was supposed to post last month but things didn't work out as well. Anyway, I'm back now. Back to post new chapters for a while. I will still go on break every once in a while. This is just because of university work and other pieces of work I'm doing.

Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. Post your thoughts in the comments below.

Next chapter is titled: 'The Memory'. See you all next time!