51: The Burning Rage

...Revenge will set her free...

Hey everyone! Last chapter certainly made a big impact and had a shock death. I must admit, the chapters have been quite dark recently but things will settle down. I won't keep you waiting as I know you all are eager to read on. Prepare yourselves and enjoy!

On with the chapter!

<3

--------------------

The fire blazed as Harley and Ivy stared in horror. A grin was plastered on The Joker's face. "Whoopsie... Maths was never my strong point" The Joker said, laughing afterwards. Harley ran a few steps towards the building but Ivy stopped her. "Harl no! It's too late! We're too late!" Ivy shouted. "No! Let me go!" Harley protested, struggling to break free from Ivy's grip. "Harl, look at me! Look at me!" Ivy ordered, grabbing Harley's cheeks and making her look at her. "I'm sorry baby... We're too late" Ivy said softly, tears in her eyes.

There were a few moments of silence. It sunk into Harley within the silence. Every second, something built deep inside of her. Something she had never felt before. It grew more and more as the realization hit her. Harley's face twisted into anger and she slowly moved away. Ivy had never seen this look on Harley's face before. "Harl?" Ivy said softly. All of a sudden, a screech caused Ivy to turn around. One of Joker's henchmen had come to rescue their boss. "Joker!" Harley screamed, running after the car as it drove away. Harley got into Ivy's car and drove after The Joker. "Harley! Harley no! Wait!" Ivy pleaded but Harley was already gone. Ivy was panicing. The look on Harley's face spoke a thousand words. Harley wasn't upset, or angry. She was full of rage and revenge. It was almost as if Harley had become a different person. The sweet, hyper active, adorable girlfriend of Ivy had now become a broken person who wanted nothing more than revenge. Ivy quickly pulled out her phone and frantically searched through her contacts. She then dialled a number. "It's Ivy. I need your help right now. It's an emergency" Ivy stated.

"Hurry up!" The Joker barked at his henchmen. The Joker broke free from the vines around his wrists as the car pulled up to the warehouse. He quickly got out of the car and walked towards his warehouse, rubbing his wrists as he walked.

The Joker entered his warehouse quickly and started to grab a few things. He knew he had to go into hiding. As he grabbed his gun, he froze. His two henchmen were out cold on the floor. Harley stood staring at The Joker. "Hello sweetie" The Joker said. Harley just stared at him without replying. "Don't be mad darling. It was nothing personal with your mother, I just wanted to get back at you" The Joker smiled. "And for that... I am going to kill you" Harley replied. The Joker pointed the gun at Harley and pulled the trigger. Harley ducked before he fired. She tackled him to the floor and pinned him down, The Joker dropped the gun as he fell. She then punched him in the face and then again before grabbing the collars of his jacket. "I am going to end you and I am going to make sure you suffer! I am going to make you suffer before I kill you!" Harley screamed, getting up and helping The Joker up to his feet. She then punched him in the face and then again. The Joker backed up against the wall. Harley then punched him another three times before picking up the gun and pointing it at his head.

"Harley wait!" Batman shouted, making Harley stop. "Get lost batzy, I wanna deal with The Joker once and for all!" Harley told Batman, keeping the gun aimed at the clown. "Think about what you are doing. If you pull that trigger, there's no turning back. Your free life will be over" Batman began. "I will be free, I won't have this disgusting creature in my life anymore!" Harley shouted. "No, you won't. You want to be set free, I get that. But killing The Joker isn't the way" Batman went on. Harley thought for a moment. "No! I ain't listening to ya bats!" Harley yelled, getting upset and angry at the same time. "This will be the biggest mistake of your life. Do you really want to lose your freedom? Your life? Your loved ones?" Batman added urgently, trying to get Harley to calm down. It worked for a few moments as Harley lowered the gun slightly but anger returned to her. "I'm going to end him once and for all! You are not going to stop me!" Harley yelled, pointing the gun and readying the trigger.

"Harl! Stop, stop!" Ivy begged, bursting into the room. Harley stopped but was still angry and upset. "Baby, I'm begging you. Don't do this, please!" Ivy said breathlessly. "Red, he deserves it! I want him gone for good!" Harley replied angrily. "I know Harl, he deserves so much. I get what you're going through, I feel your pain. I do, but please don't do this. Come on Harl, please!" Ivy begged. Harley started to tear up slightly but kept the gun in the same position. "Before you do anything, you think about us. Think about what we have. What we've been through together. Our future together. Think about every morning when we wake up next to each other. Every hug, every kiss. The nights sitting in front of the TV, cuddling. Think Harl! Remember all that. Remember because if you pull that trigger, it will all go away. You'll go to prison and I can't be without you. I can't be alone; I need you by my side everyday! I need you!" Ivy told Harley, her eyes tearing up as she moved a few steps closer to Harley slowly. Harley's eyes were watering. A tear fell from her cheek. "It hurts, it hurts so much. He's taken someone you love from you, but don't let him rip away anything else from you. Don't let him win again" Ivy added, getting even closer. Harley was hesitating with the trigger; tears fell down her cheeks as Harley was stuck in making a decision. To spare The Jokers life, or to end it.

Ivy got just beside Harley, close enough to touch but Ivy kept away just in case. "I love you" Ivy uttered softly. Harley's chin and lip quivered. She then lowered the gun and started to cry. Ivy pulled her into a hug and sighed in relief. Ivy held Harley tight as Harley cried in her arms, dropping the gun to the floor. Batman took The Joker down and placed handcuffs on him. "It's over Joker. I've finally caught you" Batman stated. He then led him away. "It's okay now; he's lost Harl, its okay. It's okay baby" Ivy reassured, hugging Harley tightly...

--------------------

I must admit, that was pretty heartbreaking. It was a truly tough decision for Harley. As much as she wanted to take The Joker's life, it would have been the end of her freedom. The Joker would have won. Then again, he would have won in both situations.

I wonder, if you the reader was in Harley's shoes. What would have you done? Hope you all enjoyed this, well emotional chapter. Post your thoughts and feels in the comments below.

Next chapter is titled: "It Takes Time". See you all next time.