77: One Stormy Day

Hey everyone! I hope you all enjoyed last chapter. I was a little nervous releasing it as I wanted it to be good and send an important message. I was thinking of going on a short break after last chapter but I decided against it. I want to push myself and work on this fanfiction. I have a lot of stories to tell. I do understand that some of you may be expecting certain storylines or characters to be introduced. Sadly, it won't happen. I have this whole fanfiction already mapped out and I want to stick to what I have planned. I planned out a lot of the fanfiction way back when I first started pretty much which was back in 2016. So as you can tell, I really planned ahead lol.

On with the chapter!

<3
--------------------
The sound of rain bouncing heavily against the window caused Harley to slowly wake up. Her eyes were extremely sleepy. After a few moments, Harley was wide awake. The rain outside was really loud. It sounded like there was a waterfall just outside. It sounded haunting. Harley could tell this wasn't just the normal rain she had experienced before. This was rain unlike she had ever heard before and it scared her. Harley laid in silence for a few minutes before Ivy woke up instantly from the loudness of the rain. She looked at the window then at Harley. "Wow, that rain is really heavy" Ivy said. "Yeah, I've never heard anything like it" Harley replied. "Me neither... You okay?" Ivy asked, turning over so she was on her side and facing Harley. "I don't know... I'm a bit scared, the rain is so loud" Harley admitted timidly.

Ivy didn't say anything. She scooted closer to Harley, wrapped her arms round her and held her close. Harley smiled slightly, putting her arms round Ivy and leaning her head down and rested it just under Ivy's chin. The sound of the rain outside did sound pretty scary to Ivy. The rain bouncing off the walls and ceiling was just so deafening. Ivy stayed awake for a while. She wasn't sure if and when Harley drifted off to sleep. It took a while but Ivy eventually drifted off to sleep, with the sound of the rain still falling outside.

Harley slowly started to stir and Ivy woke up too. It was ten o'clock in the morning. What surprised them however was that it was still raining really heavily outside. Not only that, but heavy winds could be heard. It sounded like a really bad storm was entailing. Harley got out of bed and shivered. "Cold Harl?" Ivy asked. "Yeah, it's so cold! The weather sounds so bad outside" Harley pointed out. "Yeah it sure does" Ivy agreed. Harley grabbed her dressing gown and also got Ivy's. She placed Ivy's on the bed and put her dressing gown on. The pair left the bedroom and went to the living room first. They were surprised when they saw Christie sitting down and reading a book. "Sis? What are you doing here?" Ivy asked as Harley went over and sat next to Christie. "Well I got up early like usual and noticed how bad the weather was outside. I then got a few messages from college saying they are closing the building due to the bad storm" Christie revealed, closing her book as Harley rested her head on Christie's shoulder.

"They really close the weather because of the storm?" Ivy replied as she sat down across from them. "Yeah, this area is known to get really bad storms. It's just a safety thing with the college. Schools are closed too. This may actually surprise you but this is a mild storm compared to others we can have. The really bad ones usually last a few days" Christie revealed, resting her head on top of Harley's. "Wow, so I guess you spend it indoors then during it?" Ivy wondered. "Yeah, I've always been alone during stormy days but now I have you both" Christie smiled. Ivy nodded. "I'll make us breakfast and we can spend the day together, all cosy in the warmth" Ivy announced. "That sounds perfect" Christie replied, smiling big.

Ivy stood up and smiled at Harley and Christie. It made her so happy seeing the pair together. It was the fact that Christie welcomed Harley with open arms that really made her so happy. She was an older sister to Harley and words could not describe how much it meant to her. The two people she cared about the most in the whole world; got along and loved each other as if they were related. It truly made her super exhilarated.

A few hours went by. It was early afternoon and the three of them were sitting together. Harley sat in the middle as they watched a film. They were all cuddled up together under a blanket, content of where they were and with each other. Even though what they were doing is simple, it was relaxing and they loved every second of it. This was a time in which none of them had a chance to have before. It brought them close together, protected from the wailing storm lingering outside.
--------------------

I really enjoyed writing last chapter and this chapter. I feel like this had a lot of heart and the older feel to Harley and Ivy which hasn't really been touched upon in a long time. It really motivates me to keep on writing.

Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. If you can, please do follow me on Instagram; link is down below or search: jakewales97. My profile picture is the same as on Wattpad. I post behind the scenes and updates. If you have any questions or want advise etc, feel free to message me through Wattpad or Instagram. Post your thoughts about this chapter in the comments below.

My Wattpad Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/jakewales97/?hl=en

Next chapter is titled: 'An Old Friend'. See you all next time!