42: Going on Alone

Hey everyone! So I couldn't leave you all for many weeks after what's happened recently. So here you go, I am continuing the releases as planned to chapter 45. Then this fanfic will go on a break after the release of chapter 45.

You may have noticed that the chapters recently have been focused on Harley. Just to let you all know, at times the story will focus on Harley, other times it'll focus on Ivy. At the moment it's Harley we're focusing on. Don't worry, there will come times when the story focuses more on Ivy.

Well that's it for now, I do want to thank people for the support with my chapters. I'm currently going through a really rough time but reading all the lovely comments from you all really helps me and keeps me motivated.

On with the chapter!

:-{ D

--------------------

"I think we need a break from each other" Ivy told Harley sadly. Those words echoed in Harley's head as she stared at the ceiling above. It had been two days since Harley and Ivy spoke to each other. Harley had left and is currently staying in a motel room in Gotham. Harley missed Ivy so much. She longed to hear her voice again. To see her beautiful red hair. To touch her again. Harley sighed as she sat up on her bed.

Harley closed her eyes, picturing Ivy in front of her. Harley's heart sunk when she managed to see her. Ivy smiled at Harley. Her red hair flowed in slow motion. Seeing Ivy made Harley even more heartbroken. Harley opened her eyes and tried her best to hold back the tears. She saw the clock. Harley sighed again when she realized she had to go into college.

Harley got ready and began her short journey to college. All the way there, she could only think about Ivy. As Harley entered the college, she did not notice or hear her friends. "Harley! Harley?" Jessie called. Jinx grabbed Harley's shoulder, causing her to stop. "Hey, you were miles away" Jinx told Harley. "Oh, sorry. I didn't hear ya" Harley said. "Yeah, because you were miles away. What's up?" Jessie replied. "Nothing, I'm fine" Harley answered. "Okay" Jessie said, slightly concerned. "Come on, we're going to be late" Jinx stated. The three then headed off to lesson.

Throughout the day, Harley kept on making mistakes. She was finding it almost impossible to concentrate. Jessie noticed this. She knew something was up. During class, everyone was asked to sketch something meaningful to them. Of course, Harley drew Ivy. When she finished, she got a lot of praise for her drawing. It made Harley sad cause it was reminding her more and more of the recent events that unfolded. Harley wished she could see Ivy again. To be kissed and touched by the one person she loved most in life. But not having any of this just broke Harley's heart more and more.

At lunch, Jinx went off to talk to some of her friends. This left Jessie and Harley alone. They got their food and sat down alone in the college. "This course is amazing" Jessie said. "Yeah, I'm loving it so much" Harley replied with a smile. Jessie nodded with a smile. "You are really talented at art. I can see you going places with your skills" Jessie remarked. "Nah, I just want to do it cause I enjoy it" Harley revealed. "I love your portraits, do you reckon you could do one of me?" Jessie wondered. "Yeah sure" Harley smiled. "Great! It's going to be a birthday present for my dad" Jessie told her. "Aww, that's a sweet idea" Harley said. Jessie nodded in agreement.

"So, how are things at home with your girlfriend?" Jessie asked. Harley's smile immediately went away. She didn't answer Jessie. "What's happened?" Jessie asked Harley, getting closer to her. "I uhm...I've messed up big time... I've made a big mistake and now... Now she hates me" Harley sobbed, tearing up. She covered her face with her hands. "Hey, hey... Come on. She doesn't hate you" Jessie said. "You don't know the full story! I do! I know she's mad at me!" Harley yelled.

Jessie thought for a few moments before placing her hand on Harley's shoulder to calm her down. "What happened?" Jessie asked softly. "I wanted to do something bad... That one thing is something that would have made me so happy but... It would have gotten me into a lot of trouble. Red made me promise to leave it. To not go ahead with the plan I had" Harley began, looking at Jessie. "I... I didn't stick to my promise" Harley added, breaking down. "Oh Harley..." Jessie sighed. "She said we need a break... I'm staying at a motel nearby and I don't know what to do now. I can't take my mind off her!" Harley revealed. Jessie nodded sadly. "Have I lost her forever?" Harley asked. "No, of course not. She's hurting right now and needs some space. I know how strong you two are as a pair and I know that deep down, she loves you too much to let you go... It isn't over Harley, I promise" Jessie reassured. Harley nodded, tears rolling down her cheeks. "I just... I-I miss her. I miss her so much" Harley said before breaking down and crying. Jessie pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back softly. "Shhh, it's okay. It's okay" Jessie soothed as Harley cried in Jessie's arms...

--------------------

Awww, poor Harley : (

Hoped you enjoyed this, well sad chapter. I know this one was a bit slow but bear with me, things will pick up next chapter. Stick around because I will be uploading another chapter soon. I don't know when but it's coming though.

Chapter 44 is going to be a bit special by the way, I won't reveal why as you will see when it's released. I do also have a big surprise coming up. I'm not saying too much but it's definitely going to surprise you all

Next chapter is titled: 'I Miss You'. See you all next chapter.