20: It Has To Be Special

Here we are, the 20th chapter. I can't believe how popular this fanfiction has become. Hopefully, I can keep this fanfiction going strong.

I have some plans for this fanfiction. I don't want to go into too much detail at the moment but I'm sure you will like the ideas I have.

Anyway, enough about me. On with the 20th chapter!

:-{ D
--------------------

Harley eyed the calendar nervously. She bit her bottom lip as she counted for the hundredth time how many days it was until Ivy's birthday. It was only a few days and Harley had no idea what to get Ivy. She sighed and stood up. Harley walked to the back door, opened it and stepped out onto the porch. She saw Ivy walking outside, round the greenhouse. Ivy watered a few of her plants as she walked. Harley sighed sadly, in deep thought.

"You okay Harl?" Ivy asked, eyeing Harley suspiciously. "Huh? Oh yeah, yeah I'm good red" Harley replied, smiling at red before taking a mouthful of her dinner. "You sure? It just seems like you have something on your mind" Ivy pointed out. "I'm okay, honest" Harley told her. Ivy stared at Harley as she continued to eat her dinner. She then carried on eating her own dinner.

Harley sat in the living room in deep thought. "Come on Harl, think. What would Ivy want for her birthday?" Harley thought. She frowned when nothing came to mind. Harley sighed, stood up and made her way to the kitchen. She stood in the doorway and watched as Ivy washed the pots. "Hey red?" Harley began. "Hm?" Ivy replied, placing a plate on the draining board. "What are we doing tomorrow?" Harley asked. "Well we need to go food shopping" Ivy replied. Harley's face lit up. "Great, can we spend the day in town tomorrow?" Harley wondered. "Yeah okay" Ivy smiled.

Ivy and Harley climbed into bed. Harley immediately snuggled up to Ivy. She kissed her neck before resting her head on Ivy's shoulder. The pair laid silent for a few moments. "Red?" Harley said softly. "Yeah Harl" Ivy replied, holding Harley tightly. "Tomorrow, can I... Go look round the city and that on my own for like, an hour or so?" Harley asked nervously. "While I'm shopping?" Ivy wondered. "Uh-huh" Harley replied. Ivy didn't reply. She felt her stomach do flops. "I-I don't know Harl" Ivy told her nervously. Harley moved so she could look at Ivy. "I understand red. I understand you may be funny with it but please red. Please" Harley begged.

Ivy sighed, stroking Harley's arm softly. She bit her bottom lip and thought for a few moments. "You promise you'll be okay? I just don't want you getting hurt. I want you to be safe" Ivy revealed. "I promise red" Harley reassured. Ivy sighed again and nodded. Harley slowly leaned close to Ivy and planted a long kiss on her lips. Their lips pulled apart, faces only inches apart. They stared into each other's eyes. Ivy ran her hand through Harley's soft blonde hair. Harley smiled. "I love you bay-bee" Harley said softly. "I love you too, my love" Ivy replied with a smile. Ivy then pulled Harley into another kiss.

The following morning, Harley and Ivy got into the car after getting ready and eating breakfast. All the way into town, Harley and Ivy talked. Ivy pulled into a parking lot and found a free space. She parked up, turned the engine off and looked at Harley.

Harley smiled at Ivy. Ivy smiled slightly before taking Harley's hand into hers. "Harl. Please be careful. Any problems, you get help straight away. Okay?" Ivy said. "I promise red" Harley replied softly. Ivy nodded and smiled slightly. She leaned over and planted a kiss on Harley's lips. The kiss lasted for a few moments before they pulled apart. Harley smiled at Ivy. Harley undid her seat belt and left the car. Ivy sighed nervously as she watched Harley walk away.

Harley walked around for the first ten minutes, trying to find a present for Ivy. However, Harley could not find a single thing perfect enough. She walked to the old cafe her and Ivy use to go too. As she got nearer, she saw someone. Harley's smile grew as she saw who it was. "Hey Harley" the familiar voice said. "Hiya Jane!" Harley called happily, hugging Jane.