53: Storm

Hey everyone! Thank you all for supporting me with your kind comments. I'm glad you all enjoyed the last chapter and thank you all for supporting me with your kind comments. I love you all : )

On with the chapter!

<3
--------------------
"When does it stop hurting red? When does it stop?" Harley said all of a sudden. Ivy thought for a few seconds before taking a deep breath. "Things like this doesn't heal over night baby. It takes time. It takes time to heal. Every day gets slightly easier; you just got to give it time... It's hard, I know. But I'm here for you. Every single day and night, I'll be here for you. I promise" Ivy replied, kissing Harley's head softly. Ivy rested her head on top of Harley's, closed her eyes and slowly rocked with Harley in silence...

4 MONTHS LATER...

Loud dripping bounced off the widows and roof as it slowly faster. Loud whooshing from outside could be heard. All the trees swayed as the wind blew hard. The house creaked slightly in the strong gust of wind. Harley sat curled up on the sofa in the living room quietly. She shivered as she saw from out the window the terrible weather outside. Ivy entered the living room with a blanket and a smile on her face. "Here you go baby. It is a bit chilly this morning" Ivy admitted. Ivy sat down on the sofa next to Harley and placed the big blanket over the both of them. She then kissed Harley softly on the cheek. "That better Harl?" Ivy asked. "A bit" Harley replied. "You okay?" Ivy said, noticing the nervous look on her face. "I uhm... I... don't like storms" Harley revealed. "Hey, it's okay baby. It's okay to be scared of storms. A lot of people are scared of storms. The best way is to keep your mind off the storm is to distract your mind by doing things" Ivy told Harley. "What like?" Harley asked.

"Well, you got me for the whole day" Ivy smirked. Harley smiled. "There you go, that got you smiling" Ivy said. Harley giggled and moved closer to Ivy. Harley rested her legs across Ivy's lap. Ivy turned the TV on and found the news. The weather came on and it was revealed that the storm currently happening in and around Gotham was going to last for another day or two. "What are you going to do about your plants in your greenhouse red?" Harley asked after the weather report finished. "Don't worry, they'll be okay. I always have a backup plan for situations like this. I'll on them in a few days if the storm is still going on" Ivy replied.

Ivy turned the volume on the TV down while Harley thought for a few moments. "So if we're going to be stuck in for the next few days, what do we do red?" Harley asked, looking at Ivy. Ivy smiled and looked at Harley. "There's a few things we can do baby" Ivy replied softly. Harley grinned, starting to get interested. "What kind of things?" Harley wondered, a grin plastered on her face. "I got a few ideas in mind" Ivy revealed.

It was early afternoon time. It had been a few hours since finding out that the storm would be sticking around for a few days. In that time, the pair relaxed in the living room and just talked to each other. Ivy came up with the idea to bake a cake which Harley got excited. The pair started making the cake and it wasn't long before it turned into a mess. Harley was giggling at Ivy who had chocolate sauce smudged on her cheeks. "Not funny" Ivy stated, trying to act unhappy but couldn't help but smile. Harley then planted a kiss on Ivy's lips roughly. A few seconds into the kiss, Harley placed her chocolate covered hands on Ivy's face. Harley quickly moved away and laughed as she ran away. "That's it! You asked for it!" Ivy called with a smile on her face as she chased Harley.

A short while later after getting the cake in the oven and cleaned up most of the mess, the pair headed upstairs to the bedroom. "I can't believe I have to shower again because of you" Ivy smiled as she grabbed some towels. "Look on the bright side red" Harley began, walking up to Ivy and stopping in front of her. "This time we can shower together" Harley told her with a cheeky smirk on her face and winking at Ivy.

For the rest of the afternoon, the pair got something to eat and then made some cookies to put in the oven. After that, the pair had dinner and spent the rest of the day and evening watching films. As they watched the films, they were cuddled up together under a blanket. After watching two films, they broke off to get a slice of cake, a cookie and a hot chocolate. They then returned to the living room where they watched another film before having an early night. 

The following morning, the pair woke up and talked for about half an hour before getting out of bed. "Well, it still looks like there's a hurricane outside" Ivy remarked at the weather as she opened the curtains. The storm was still raging on. Ivy went downstairs in her green dressing gown and went into the kitchen to make a hot drink. Harley came downstairs in her red dressing gown and walked into the living room. She shivered when she entered. Harley walked over to the fire place and got it warmed up. Ivy entered the living room with the two hot drinks and handed one to Harley as the pair sat down. "So, since I came up with the idea of baking yesterday; what do you want to do today baby?" Ivy asked. 

Harley smiled, immediately knowing what she wanted to do. It was something she has always wanted to do with Ivy but never got the time. But with the ongoing storm that went on into it's second day, it brought them close together as they were spending all day and night together for the first time ever.  Because of this, they could finally do it. "I know what we can do red" Harley grinned. "Uh-oh, I know that look. And I know this is going to be just like yesterday... Messy" Ivy stated, smiling slightly. Harley giggled in response.

They ate breakfast and got changed before setting up to do some painting. This was the first time for Ivy. At first, everything went smoothly. They painted each other but it wasn't long before things got messy, again. Harley went over to Ivy to see her portrait. "Not bad red. Maybe I ought to teach you a few things that I know" Harley smiled. "Yeah, I definitely suck at painting" Ivy replied, laughing slightly. Ivy didn't see the paint brush behind Harley's back. Before Ivy realized, Harley smudged paint on Ivy's cheek before giggling. Ivy didn't say anything for a few moments. "You cheeky little minx!" She exclaimed, chasing Harley around the room. After about five minutes, both girls had paint smudged over their faces and had paint in their hair.

For the rest of the day, the pair relaxed and talked about anything and everything. Ten minutes after going up to bed, the pair were still awake in bed. Ivy was lying on her back while Harley laid beside her. Ivy had her arm round Harley's waist as she stared at the ceiling. The sound of the wind blowing outside could be heard. Rain bounced loudly on the house. "I think it's slowing down red" Harley said softly. "Yeah, sounds like it" Ivy agreed. "I've had a lot of fun yesterday and today. It's been wonderful spending the whole two days with ya red" Harley told Ivy. Ivy smiled. "Me too. I've loved the time we've spent together" Ivy replied. Harley smiled and rubbed her head lovingly under Ivy's chin. Ivy pecked Harley's head softly and closed her eyes as did Harley. Slowly, they both drifted off to sleep in each others arms...

--------------------
So I'm keeping the updates coming but very slowly. I may be going on a break after chapter 55. Just thought I'd let you all know. It may be a long break too I'm afraid. Sorry!

Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. Post your thoughts in the comments below.

Next chapter is titled: 'Double Valentines'. See you all next time!