21: Great Outdoors

Hey everyone, sorry for the slow update. I have run into quite a few problems recently but I'm trying my best to get chapters done as quick as possible. I did not want to go on another short break/hiatus. Hope you like this chapter and what I have planned.

Anyway, on with the chapter!

:-{D
--------------------
It was night time. Harley and Ivy were lying on the sofa, watching a film on TV. Ivy was lying on her side slightly. Harley was on top and on her back. One of Ivy's arms were wrapped around Harley's waist. She stroked Harley's soft hair gently and Harley loved it. Every so often, Ivy would kiss Harley's head softly. "Hey Harl, I got an idea what we can do at the weekend" Ivy began with a small smile. Harley moved to look at Ivy. "How about we go camping?" Ivy suggested. Harley's face lit up excitedly. "Yeah!" Harley exclaimed. Ivy smiled. "I know a wonderful camping spot" Ivy told her, stroking Harley's arm softly. "Is it the same spot where we had our picnic?" Harley asked. Ivy smiled and shook her head. "It's deeper in the woods. It has a stream and a river nearby too" Ivy revealed. "Sounds amazing red, let's do it!" Harley said excitedly. Ivy smiled at Harley's excitement and kissed her.

"Got everything?" Ivy asked. Harley smiled and nodded, clutching the backpack straps tightly that were on her shoulders. It was the following day and the pair got up early so then they could get out early. The pair left through the back door. Ivy locked the door and placed her key in her pocket. Harley and Ivy linked their arms and walked towards the start of the forest.

The scenery surrounding the two women were beautiful. So much green and so much wildlife. Harley really understood why Ivy loved the woods and where she lived. The pair have been walking for a good twenty minutes. All the way, they stayed very close to each other. They held hands and looped their arms with each others. As they walked, they talked about anything and everything.

Harley and Ivy arrived at the spot fifty minutes after leaving the house. Birds chirped, and the leaves crunched under the pairs feet. There was a slight breeze that blew which was perfect since it was very hot. The sound of water could also be heard not far away. All the sounds that could be heard were all organic and not man-made. "Right, let's set up" Ivy announced when they arrived. They placed their bags on the floor and began to work. "Can I set up the tent red?" Harley asked. "Sure, I'll give you a hand in a minute" Ivy replied, going through her bag and pulling out certain things. Harley got the tent out and began to try and unfold it. She tried to find a corner, dropping it a few times. After a few minutes, Ivy came over and helped her out. They spread out the tent and began to nail it down to stop it from moving. Harley started banging the wooden hook into the ground using a mallet. Ivy heard Harley bang it a few times before hearing a yelp in pain. Ivy rushed over to Harley to see her clutching her hand. Ivy knelt down beside Harley and gently took Harley's hurting hand. "Oh Harl, you need to make sure your free hand is as far away from the mallet as possible when banging" Ivy said softly. Ivy inspected it softly for a few moments. "Your okay, just hit it hard. Nothing broke." Ivy reported. She gently kissed the top of Harley's hand before running off. Ivy returned a few seconds later with a bandage. She wrapped it round Harley's throbbing hand.

Shortly after, they finished putting the tent up. Ivy instructed Harley to get some wood for a little campfire. Harley went off to get some. She tripped a few times as she gathered wood. Harley headed back to the camping spot for the last time after going back and forth to look for wood. As she approached, she smiled at Ivy. All of a sudden, Harley tripped and fell over. Ivy rushed over and helped her up. Ivy is very use to Harley's clumsiness. She gets worried sometimes that Harley has hurt herself. Most of the time, it's just bumps, bruises and scrapes. Occasionally however, Harley has hurt herself much more. Ivy is use to all of this. The only thing that bothers her about this is Harley getting hurt. But Ivy wouldn't stop giving Harley orders just because of this. Harley isn't a child, Ivy knew this? Ivy also sees it as improving Harley's clumsiness. Maybe Harley will slowly grow out of it.

After helping her up, Ivy went back to what she was doing. Harley sighed silently, feeling sad and a little disappointed in herself. She felt like she was causing Ivy stress by messing up and accidentally hurting herself. Harley placed the wood she had on the pile and sat down.

Evening time slowly arrived. The birds no longer tweeted and the slight wind had now gone. Harley and Ivy sat on a blanket in front of the fire. They were cuddled up with another blanket wrapped around the pair. "I love this red, it's so peaceful and amazing here" Harley said softly, placing her head on Ivy's shoulder. Ivy smiled and placed her head on top of Harley's. "I'm glad you love it Harl" Ivy said softly, staring into the fire. The pair didn't speak for a few moments. "You tired Harl?" Ivy asked. Harley nodded in reply. The pair got up, Harley wrapped the blanket round herself. They walked over to the tent and got inside.

About ten minutes went by. Harley and Ivy were now settled in their tent. Harley turned on her side to face Ivy. "Red... I'm sorry for messing up and stuff. And I'm sorry for causing you stress" Harley said, sounding slightly sad and looking down. "Hey" Ivy softly mumbled, lifting her chin softly with her finger so then Harley was looking at her. "No need to apologize baby. You never stress me out, all I want is for you to be safe. I want to look after you" Ivy smiled. Harley smiled slightly. "I love you so much" Ivy whispered. "I love you so much too" Harley replied with a smile. They then wrapped their arms round each other and went to sleep in the comfort of each others arms and under the many stars in the sky...
--------------------

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, really sorry about the slow update. Things should be moving a bit quicker now.

Again, I am so sorry about the slow updates.

Next chapter is titled "On Your Own". See you all next chapter!