89: IVY: Arbutus (Part 3)

The Arbutus flower meaning is "You are the only one who loves" and is a guarantee that it will be warm. The notion of eternal love and everlasting devotion. A flower that represents love and dedication.

Hey everyone! Hope you all enjoyed last chapter! There isn't much for me to say so enjoy the chapter!

Anyway, on with the chapter!

<3

--------------------

The journey was mostly silent. Ivy slept in the back seat for most of the way whilst Harley stared out the widow in deep thought. Christie glanced occasionally at the two women from time to time as she drove but refrained from saying anything. As the car parked up, Harley got out of the car, not saying a single word. Christie sighed as she switched the engine off. Ivy woke up and saw they were back. She saw Harley standing outside the car and watched her for a few moments before getting out of the car.

Christie unlocked the front door back to her place. She entered first, followed by Harley and Ivy. Christie sighed as the front door closed and she closed it before setting her keys down. Ivy watched as Harley walked across the room and sat down on the sofa. Christie left the room after staring at Harley's movements.

Ivy awkwardly took a few steps forward, towards Harley. "Harley?" Ivy spoke softly. Harley looked up at Ivy and gave her a smile. "Yeah?" Harley replied. "Are you okay? I... I know you're upset with me" Ivy told her. Harley frowned at her a little. "I'm not upset with ya, It's not your fault" Harley shrugged. Ivy's face saddened. "But it's okay! I-I'm okay!" Harley added, jumping up with energy.

She smiled at Ivy before hurrying out of the room. Ivy's face got sadder and she sighed softly, dropping her head a little. Ivy took a deep breath and walked out of the room. Her eyes peered into the bedroom as she stopped in the doorway and found Harley curled up on the bed. Ivy bit her bottom lip nervously before stepping inside and slowly closing the door. Neither woman said a word as Ivy moved round the other side of the bed and sat on the edge. Harley's eyes met Ivy's. Their eyes stared into one another's. "I know you are upset Harley... Please just talk to me, like you did back in my old home" Ivy asked her. Harley continued staring at her for a few moments before they moved to the covers on the bed beneath her. "I miss her... I... I miss the real Ivy. My Ivy..." Harley revealed.

"I know you do, but I'm here. I-I know I'm not your Ivy but... I want to be. My memories are gone but my... Feelings are here, I feel them" Ivy revealed but Harley shook her head and sat up. "It's not the same" Harley stated softly. "Because I've lost my memories? Because I'm not the Ivy you fell in love with?" Ivy asked. Harley nodded her head simply. Ivy sighed softly in understandment. "Poison Ivy was a powerful supervillain. Her powers could do so many things. They could poison people. Influence people. Hurt people. And the one thing it can't do... Is fix the person that has the powers" Harley said as her eyes welled up.

Harley stood up and was about to run out of the room but Ivy grabbed Harley's forearm. "Harley, wait!" Ivy exclaimed. Harley didn't look at Ivy as her eyes stayed closed. "I know this hurts you so much but... I'm here for you. Memories or not, I'm here" Ivy reassured her. Harley looked at Ivy and tears began to roll down the blonde's cheeks.

"It doesn't matter because all I want is my Ivy. All I want is my Ivy back" Harley sobbed. She then dropped to her knees in front of Ivy and began to cry. Ivy began to tear up as there was nothing she could say. "I miss you, so much..." Harley added in between sobs as Ivy's began to roll down her cheeks.

Ivy's head lowered as they both cried. Her eyes were drawn to her forearm. The tattoo on her skin. Ivy stared at it. Her eyes locked onto Harley's forearm and saw the tattoo. Slowly, Ivy moved her arm closer to Harley's so the two tattoos were closer to each other. Ivy didn't take her eyes away as all her focus was on what was in front of her. "You are the only one I love..." Ivy said softly. Harley opened her eyes. Slowly, Harley raised her head to look at Ivy. Their eyes locked onto each other.

Christie's distant scream caught the attention of Harley and Ivy and snapped their heads to the door of the bedroom. All of a sudden, an explosion knocked them hard to the ground as the front room also blew up from some sort of explosion, just powerful enough to destroy some furniture. Smoke filled the rooms and hallway as everything fell silent. Furniture has been tipped over and damaged with parts of the floor covered in the mess from the explosion. Everything was still as sounds of sizzling and creaking could be heard.

Harley's body is still for a few moments before she starts to move her head slowly. Her eyes remain closed as she groans a little. After a few moments of stirring, Harley opens her eyes and is met with the ceiling. Everything is dark as she squints through her blurry vision and smokey surroundings. As she lifts her head from the ground, she tries a bit harder to regain her bearings whilst also groaning a little in pain. Harley rests her hand on the ground to raise her top half of her body and sits up. Her vision is groggy and her hearing is muffled from a high pitched tone, continuously ringing in her ears. Harley's eyes move around the room as she takes in the carnage. She then notices something. The bedroom door slowly opens as it drags on the ground to make a scraping sound.

A single light fills the doorway, the visual taking a haunting turn. In the doorway to the bedroom, a figure stood. Slowly, Harley's eyes scanned the figure, moving up the body as her vision went in and out of focus. Finally her eyes met with the figure's face. Everything became clear as Harley's eyes widened. The all but familiar face. And the eyes. The piercing, evil eyes. And the smile. A smile one never forgets. The face was full of twisted intent. And the motives and chaotic mind behind it all matched. Harley couldn't speak as the figure grinned back at her. "Hello, Harley..." The Joker sneered...

--------------------

Prepare yourselves for the next chapter. It's big as you could have guessed from the ending of this chapter. Hope you all enjoyed the chapter! Please vote, comment and share!

Please check out Moon Knight (Sam x Luna). I had an absolute blast working on this and it would mean a lot if you checked it out. Here's the link:

Next chapter is titled: 'THE CHASE OF HER LIFE'. See you all next time!