62: Bonds

Hey everyone! So yeah, this is a double upload today. I thought it would be better if I put these two chapters out on the same day as they are following on from each other.

On with the chapter!

<3
--------------------
Ivy walked into the living room and awkwardly stood in the room. "You okay?" Christie asked. "Uhm, y-yeah" Ivy replied. "We should uhm... We should talk" Christie said. Ivy nodded in agreement. She slowly walked over and sat next to Christie on the sofa. "I uh, I don't know where to start" Christie admitted. There was a pause before she spoke again. "How have you been?" Christie asked. "I've been good... How about you?" Ivy replied. "Yeah good" Christie answered. "Are you still living at home?" Ivy asked. "Nah, I'm currently staying in Gotham at the moment... Mainly to come find you" Christie revealed. "Me?" Ivy wondered, slightly confused. "Yeah... When you uhm... When you ran away, I knew it was my fault. I drove my sister away... I drove you away... From that day, I promised myself that I would not stop looking for you. I would not stop until I found you and made sure you were all right. I didn't hear about you until a few months ago. I was busy with a lot of things that I didn't take time to notice what was going on in the world. My sister, Pamela... A super villain" Christie explained. Ivy smiled. "Yeah... I was. Not anymore though" Ivy told her. Christie smiled slightly.

Silence fell upon the pair. "You hate me... That's why I left" Ivy revealed looking to the floor. "That's not true" Christie protested. "We always fought when we were younger. We never got along. The day I ran away, you said you hated me" Ivy recalled, looking at Christie. "I know, and... I've hated myself from day onwards... I never meant any of it. The hate towards you, I never meant it. The truth is that I was jealous. You were the older sister by two years and I hated being the younger one. I never hated you, never... I hate myself for everything. It's all my fault" Christie opened up, getting emotional. "It's not your fault" Ivy said. "It is... When I found out about you being a super villain, I realised that it was my fault for you choosing a life of crime. It's on me Pamela" Christie replied. Ivy put an arm round her and Christie rested her head on Ivy's shoulder.

"I never hated you Pamela, you're my sister. I could never hate you! I swear to you!" Christie sobbed. "It's okay, I know you don't. I never hated you... I just hated the way you use to treat me" Ivy replied, soothing Christie. For the next few minutes, they sat in silence. Ivy kept Christie close to keep her calm. Finally, Christie and Ivy pulled back and looked at each other. "I am very sorry sis... I'm here to be a better sister. I know it's late but I really want to try" Christie told her. Ivy smiled slightly. "I you are and you're not late... I'm willing to be your sister again" Ivy said. Christie smiled and nodded.

A few days had gone by. The day Christie turned up, Ivy let her stay the night then she went back to where she was staying in Gotham. Since then, the pair have kept in contact every day. It was mainly just Ivy and Christie as Harley let the two sisters talk to each other. She respected the fact that they needed space so then they could get to know each other. Although, Ivy did talk about Harley when Christie was listening to her. She didn't know that Ivy was in a relationship with Harley. Christie just thought she and Harley were best friends living together. She didn't even know Ivy liked girls. Ivy wanted to tell her but in time. She wanted to get to know her sister first. Christie however could see how much Harley meant to Ivy and vice versa. One day at the weekend; Harley, Ivy and Christie all agreed to meet up in Gotham for dinner.

"Hey sis!" Christie smiled, hugging Ivy as she greeted her. "Hi Harley" Christie greeted after hugging Ivy. "Hiya!" Harley replied with a big smile. They entered the restaurant. About ten minutes went by. In that time, all three girls had ordered dinner and were waiting. "So, what are you up to these days Harley? Are you working?" Christie asked with a smile. "Nah, I'm studying Art at college" Harley replied. "Oh yeah? What do you like to do? Paintings? Drawings?" Christie wondered. "I love painting portraits of people but I want to start doing more landscapes" Harley revealed. "Aw that's cool, I love paintings of landscapes" Christie revealed. Soon after, their dinners arrived. They enjoyed their meals and each other's company.

That evening, Ivy was lying in bed waiting for Harley as usual. Harley entered the bedroom and smiled at Ivy. Harley climbed into bed and snuggled up to Ivy. "Ya haven't talked about Christie since she arrived" Harley said. Ivy smiled slightly. "Yeah... It's all just so surreal. What do you think about her Harl?" Ivy asked. "I think she's pretty cool red. I can't wait to see her more. I love seeing you two together" Harley replied. Ivy smiled at the comment. "You know Harl... I'm really happy we've found each other again" Ivy said truthfully as she had a smile on her face and was staring at the ceiling...
--------------------

Hope you all are enjoying having Christie on the scene. I can confirm again that nothing negative is coming out of this, I promise! You will all enjoy next week's chapter. I won't say why but I just know you all will. Also the 5 Year Anniversary week is coming. Make sure to follow me on my Wattpad Instagram and to keep check on my profile on updates.

Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. Post your thoughts in the comments below.

My Wattpad Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/jakewales97/?hl=en

Next chapter is titled: 'Getting to know her'. See you all next time!