CHAPTER 23

Qiao Haoyu graduated this year and was about to join the company. He originally thought that before going to the army, he could go back to Beijing to stay with his parents, and in the meantime, he could go to Shanghai to see Wei Jiajia.

Yesterday, he suddenly received a notice asking him to report to the army in a week. The army he was going to was a bit far away. Excluding the three days spent on the road, there was not much time left for him.

He asked Wei Jiajia to call him because he wanted to get engaged to her before going to the army.

He had thought about this matter for a long time, originally thinking that he would wait until he arrived in Shanghai to figure it out slowly.

But now that time does not allow, he can only tell her personally in this way and listen to her inner thoughts. No matter what she chooses, he will respect her.

Wei Jiajia was a little surprised when she heard Qiao Haoyu say this.

She never thought that this was what he was going to say. She thought the two of them had reached an agreement and would wait until she graduated from college!

I had never thought about this before. I always felt that I was still young and could talk about love first. It would not be too late to talk about this topic after I graduated. Now that Qiao Haoyu brought it up, she didn't know how to react.

Qiao Haoyu waited for a long time and didn't hear Wei Jiajia's answer. Although he was a little disappointed, he quickly adjusted. After all, she was still young and didn't want to get engaged early, which he could understand.

"Jiajia, if you don't want to get engaged, that's okay, I..." Before she could finish her words, she was interrupted by Wei Jiajia's next words.

"I agree. But this is not a small matter after all. It also concerns our two families. I will go back and talk to my aunt today. What are you going to do about Aunt Wenjuan and Uncle Qiao?"

Wei Jiajia lowered her head and thought for a while, then agreed to Qiao Haoyu's request for an engagement. The two were an unmarried couple, and now he wanted a ceremony to make it more formal. Why wouldn't she be willing?

In this year's exchange of letters, the relationship between the two has become deeper, and they only have each other in their hearts. Now it is just this way to make the relationship between the two stronger.

Qiao Haoyu listened to what was said on the other end of the phone, and a burst of fireworks exploded in his heart. The mood that flew from loss to joy made him, who had always been able to control his emotions very well, unable to suppress the expression. I even suspected that I was hallucinating. He didn't expect Jiajia to agree so quickly, and he was prepared to fail.

"Jiajia, say it again, I want to hear you say it again." Qiao Haoyu was now eager to confirm again.

Hearing the caution in his voice, Wei Jiajia felt soft in her heart. She even felt that she was right to agree to him impulsively, so she said it again in a good-tempered manner.

Waves of pleasant laughter came from Qiao Haoyu's mouth. His laughter was heard even by the two classmates on duty at the door of the duty room. The two of them thought about how much Qiao Haoyu must like his fiancée to laugh like this from the heart.

When Wei Jiajia heard the laughter coming from the other end of the phone, she unconsciously curled her lips and laughed too.

Qiao Haoyu told Wei Jiajia his next plan for their engagement.

He had made this plan half a year ago, and had already discussed it with his family. He would get engaged to Wei Jiajia before he graduated and went to the army. Her mother had even started preparing the things needed for the engagement.