CHAPTER 24

After discussion between the two families that day, they decided to get engaged the next day, which happened to be a good day for marriage.

Although the time was a little tight, because Qiao Haoyu was too pressed for time, he didn't have many choices. Fortunately, the Qiao family was well prepared in advance, and no one would underestimate Wei Jiajia at all.

Zhang Wenjuan really loved Wei Jiajia from the bottom of her heart and prepared a very generous betrothal gift. 500 was given in cash alone, and there was also a pair of emerald jade concubine bracelets. It was obvious at first glance that they were priceless. When Wei Jiajia saw it, her heart trembled.

"Aunt Wenjuan, this is too valuable, I can't accept it." Wei Jiajia quickly closed the lid of the box and pushed it back.

"This is the betrothal gift I prepared for my daughter-in-law. You can't refuse it unless you don't want to be part of our family." Zhang Wenjuan pretended to be angry. Then he took out the bracelet from the box, took Wei Jiajia's hand and put it on.

"Look, if I look more flattering on you, I will know that it fits you well. I prepared this bracelet for Haoyu's wife when he was young. Now that I see it on your hand, my long-cherished wish has been fulfilled. .

"Don't feel pressured. I've prepared Haoxuan's wife, but that boy is not up to par. He can't get a wife back at such an old age."

When Wei Jiajia heard what Aunt Wenjuan said, she did not refuse. She turned to look at Qiao Haoyu who was standing aside and nodded with a smile. She thanked her generously and put it away.

Considering that the two of them were still several years away from getting married, the Qiao family was unprepared and waited until they got married.

Because they were getting engaged the next day, the two families separated and got busy after discussing the specific matters.

Zhang Wenjuan looked at the two parties who had nothing to do, and asked Qiao Haoyu to spend more time with Wei Jiajia.

My son is too pressed for time. He will leave for the army the next day after getting engaged. She is also a soldier and understands the duty of soldiers to defend their home and country. But at the same time, she is also a military wife. As someone who has experienced it, she can understand the hardships of military wives.

Both of them are her own children, and she hopes that the futures of her son and Jiajia will not be broken due to time and distance. I hope their love can pass the test of time, and no matter what happens, they can be loyal to each other, protect each other, and last forever.

Jiajia was still young and could not fully understand the responsibilities of a military wife. She could only let her son spend more time with her. They would not see each other in the next few years, but now they will definitely be able to get along for a while. She understands that when you are young and sweet, not seeing your partner for one day is like three autumns.

The more Zhang Wenjuan thought about it, the more proud she became. She was not that kind of evil mother-in-law and would never hold her children back.

Qiao Haoyu looked at his mother's understanding expression in amusement, and stopped going out without refuting.

The rest of the Wei family didn't object when they saw it. They took a few children out to buy ingredients for tomorrow, leaving space for the two young people.

Although Wei Jiajia was a little embarrassed, she had no objection. She actually wanted to spend more time with Qiao Haoyu. The two hadn't seen each other for a year, and she missed him too!

After everyone at home went out, Wei Jiajia took Qiao Haoyu to her room. As soon as she entered the door, she was pulled into his arms from behind.

Qiao Haoyu held the little girl in his arms tightly and rubbed his chin against Wei Jiajia's head to express his longing for her.