CHAPTER 47

On this day, Wei Jiajia finally waited for Qiao Haoyu to rest, and the two immediately decided to go to a carpenter's house in a nearby village to customize furniture.

"How do you know where his home is?" Wei Jiajia looked at the path under her feet and looked at her husband beside her with some curiosity.

"I asked around two days ago. There is only one carpenter in the nearby villages. He is very famous here. There are people in our compound who make furniture and they all come to him." Qiao Haoyu held his hand My little daughter-in-law, asked her to pay attention to her steps while explaining.

Wei Jiajia felt better looking at the green trees around her. This was the first time she left the compound and saw its surrounding environment.

Qiao Haoyu and the others belong to the combat brigade. Soldiers from three regiments are stationed here. It is equipped with a military hospital, a military cultural troupe, a military family home, a logistics service agency, schools from primary school to high school, and a group of secret scientific researchers. But they are secretly The base rarely comes out on weekdays, so no one knows it. The total number of people there is seven to eight thousand.

The terrain here is in the shape of a peninsula, surrounded by the sea on three sides and a mountain on one side. The entire military area is surrounded by the open space inside, which can be said to be isolated from the world.

To leave the military area, they had to climb over the mountain in front of them. At this moment, Qiao Haoyu and Wei Jiajia were taking a closer path, but the road was uneven and not easy to walk. When the troops want to go out, there will be a specially built road. That road will be much wider and smoother, but it will go around in a circle.

As long as Wei Jiajia and the others climb over this mountain now, they will see the village behind the mountain.

Qiao Haoyu pulled Wei Jiajia and walked for half an hour, and she began to pant. Looking at his red-faced wife, Qiao Haoyu squatted down: "Come up, I will carry you!"

"I can hold on for a while longer." She had only walked a third of the way, and she was afraid that her husband would be tired if he carried her up the mountain.

"...Come up here, how much do you weigh? The things we have to carry during normal weight-bearing training are much heavier than you. Are you surprised that you don't believe in my physical strength?" The voice of the latter sentence became heavier? It seemed that if Wei Jiajia dared to say that she didn't believe it, he would find a way to prove it to her, which frightened Wei Jiajia and immediately climbed up.

Carrying Wei Jiajia on his back, Qiao Haoyu's expression did not change and he walked forward steadily.

Wei Jiajia saw that her husband did not look like he was trying to show off, so she lay on his back with peace of mind and enjoyed the scenery along the way.

"Do you think there are any wild animals in this forest?" she asked curiously.

"Yes, but we have driven them deep into the mountains. There should be no large beasts like the outskirts we are walking on now, but occasionally there will be wild boars and the like that run out of it. So I am not at home, and it is very difficult for you to be alone. Don't come here." Qiao Haoyu explained with some worry. In the past, family members were looking for wild vegetables at the foot of the mountain and were attacked by wild boars. Fortunately, they were not far from the camp. After they were discovered, they were shot dead inside, thus avoiding casualties.

"... Got it, Old Man Qiao!" Wei Jiajia looked at her nagging husband and replied feebly.

He is really becoming more and more nagging, not at all like the taciturn image he portrays in front of outsiders.