CHAPTER 48

"Daughter-in-law, do you see who I brought back?"

On this day, Qiao Haoyu brought an unexpected person with him when he came home from get off work.

"Comrade Wei, long time no see! I'm here to help you." After saying that, he looked at Qiao Haoyu and immediately changed his mind: "No, I called you wrong, I should be sister-in-law."

Wei Jiajia was also surprised when she saw Zeng Guoqiang. She didn't expect that he would come back earlier than Zhang Huimin.

"Come in and sit down. My food will be ready soon. We can start eating in a moment." Wei Jiajia was very happy to see him and immediately turned back to the kitchen, ready to add two more dishes.

She only made enough for the couple, and Qiao Haoyu didn't say in advance that the food was not enough.

Wei Jiajia took a look at the ingredients and planned to add some hot and sour shredded potatoes and fried bacon with green onions. As for the staple food, if she cooked more noodles, it would be enough for the two of them, no matter how big their stomachs were.

She quickly took out a potato and started peeling it. Qiao Haoyu asked Zeng Guoqiang to rest in the main room, and he walked in to help Wei Jiajia.

"Is there anything you need me to do?" After looking at Wei Jiajia's already seated tomatoes, scrambled eggs and braised fish, he continued, "Just cook more noodles. These two dishes are enough. Zeng Guoqiang is not an outsider." The wife was too tired, so he suggested coming.

Wei Jiajia rolled her eyes at him and continued her work. It was his first time coming to our house for dinner. How could he be so embarrassed to order such a dish? Besides, Zeng Guoqiang would soon be his cousin-in-law. As a family member, he had to support Huimin. Now it's not just a relationship between classmates and comrades, it can't be so casual for the first time.

When Qiao Haoyu saw that his wife was ignoring him, he knew what she meant. I washed my hands and prepared to help.

"You don't need to be there, I'll get it done in a few moments. Go out and accompany Comrade Zeng, don't leave him alone outside, that's not good." Wei Jiajia urged her husband.

Qiao Haoyu could only lower his head and kiss his wife helplessly, then turned around and went out.

With the help of Lingquan water and condiments from the supermarket, Wei Jiajia's current craftsmanship can be said to be quite good. It didn't take long for the fragrance to waft out.

After Zeng Guoqiang, who was talking to his friend, smelled it, his thoughts began to wander and he couldn't concentrate.

He was on this mission for almost two months, and he spent almost all of it in the deep mountains and forests. He couldn't eat well or sleep well. Because I couldn't open a fire and I was afraid that the enemy would find out, I ate compressed biscuits and raw meat for two months. Now that I smell the aroma coming from the kitchen, I can't help it.

When Wei Jiajia was ready and served to the table, looking at Zeng Guoqiang who was eating rice and eating so deliciously that he couldn't even talk back, he knew how hard it was for him to go out this time.

It wasn't until the meal was finished that Zeng Guoqiang touched his stomach and burped with satisfaction.

Qiao Haoyu voluntarily got up to wash the dishes. Zeng Guoqiang took one look and immediately followed.

After the two of them finished their work and came out, Wei Jiajia asked the question she was most concerned about.

"Comrade Zeng, where will you and Huimin live after you get married? Have you applied for a house?"